Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    thanx for the tip
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thx for the tip
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thanks
    Regarding Myxer, the way I had to use it was to upload & edit the song/mp3 that I wanted to use as ringtone and then select the option to save it as a new mp3 to the Ringtone folder on the Pre (or on computer hard drive & then transfer to Ringtone folder on Pre). I originally tried sending the edited song directly to my phone via Myxer & could not get the file to download.

Myxer is pretty easy to use, just need to set up a user ID ..ect, and it's free. They have material you can purchase, but you can upload and edit just about any mp3 that you have on your hard drive.
    Another site to make your own, or save to your pc then transfer to your pre..phonezoo.com(...i'm a new poster..can't post any links) This site worked great for me..for both making, and downloading already made ringtones

For some reason I couldn't get myxer to work...when i saved my ringtone to my pc it saved as some unrecognizable file??
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I go to myxer.com, and you can find edited songs and you can edit and create your own ringtones, then you can have them sent to your phone.

thanks for the info
    I used to use Phonezoo, but about two months ago it gave me a message that Sprint had done something to block it. Has that been cleared up?
    Another easy way to get free ring tones is through www dot myxer dot com. All you need to do is download the song you want then connect your phone to your computer in usb mode and drag and drop your ring tone into the ring tone folder.
    Another great web is ventones.com easy to do your own ringtone and then u conect your pre by usbdrive ,open to see files ,then ringtones and with copy & paste,voila,u have new ringtones....easy
    iTunes works for making ringtones that work well, too.
    Check out CNET.com for a how-to video on it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I used to use Phonezoo, but about two months ago it gave me a message that Sprint had done something to block it. Has that been cleared up?
    Quote Originally Posted by person4u View Post
    Another easy way to get free ring tones is through www dot myxer dot com. All you need to do is download the song you want then connect your phone to your computer in usb mode and drag and drop your ring tone into the ring tone folder.
    both of the websites mentioned in your posts have a very high likelihood of containing viruses do not download from them.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    both of the websites mentioned in your posts have a very high likelihood of containing viruses do not download from them.
    You are right.

Both sites themselves caused alarms on my protection software. And how they make you download files opens you up for yet more spyware and viruses.

If you download or open only mp3's you should be OK.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    You are right.

Both sites themselves caused alarms on my protection software. And how they make you download files opens you up for yet more spyware and viruses.

If you download or open only mp3's you should be OK.

- Craig
    which is terrible for CDMA phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    I use Audacity, find whatever I want to use (song, movie, streaming video) and record a clip, export as mp3.

Simple, easy, free.
    +1
    audacity is the ish!
    Audacity is a sinch. Just don't fill out any forms. There just ads posing as regular folk!

FREE! Quick and FREE!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    I downloaded audacity and then it requires me to download the lame file to export as MP3, every place i try to download, i get errors....Am i missing something or saving it as wrong file?
    I am having this same problem...help? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazijake View Post
    I am having this same problem...help? Thanks!
    I had an issue at first too. Go into Edit>Preferences Click the "Libraries" section and under the FFmeg section you'll see tabs: Locate and Download. I clicked Locate first then at the next screen Download. That should help if thats your issue!
    I have been using an MP3 Slicer program that is so easy to use. I did a google search for MP3 Slicer, and I believe it's the first link. Its Version 1.2.

I also downloaded an MP3/wave editor program for free from another site. I don't know the name off the top of my head as I'm at work. A wave/MP3 editing program is useful because it helps to do fade ins and outs, as well as adjusting volume/gains and you can add a whole slew of effects like reverb and flange, etc.

Ringtones are perfect at 30 seconds long. The MP3 slicer allows you to find the part of the track that you want to hear as the ringtone.
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 09/24/2009 at 05:18 PM.
    Uh you did start a new thread chief.