Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1.    #1  
    Have any of you found a way to delete the deleted mails in the "trash" folder without having to "flick" each individual one?

    It's be nice to have a "Empty Trash" button or something similar..
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    Nope, haven't found a way yet. And it's definitely one of those things that leaves me shaking my head.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #3  
    how did they not include Empty Trash?!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    how did they not include Empty Trash?!
    I'm quite frustrated with this... Such a simple but NECESSARY thing. ALL email programs and applications have this. How was Palm so oblivious to not think about this???

    This is ridiculous and quite possibly something to make me return it. I have 17 days left before my 30 days is up. If they don't come out with a fix before that, I may return it.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    I'm quite frustrated with this... Such a simple but NECESSARY thing. ALL email programs and applications have this. How was Palm so oblivious to not think about this???

    This is ridiculous and quite possibly something to make me return it. I have 17 days left before my 30 days is up. If they don't come out with a fix before that, I may return it.
    From my perspective this seems like a VERY minor issue to consider returning your Pre over. Are you a very big email user on your phone? In that case I might see your point. I only use email occasionally on my phone. Really just prefer email on my full laptop screen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    From my perspective this seems like a VERY minor issue to consider returning your Pre over. Are you a very big email user on your phone? In that case I might see your point. I only use email occasionally on my phone. Really just prefer email on my full laptop screen.
    I'm a plant worker and am there 12 hours a day and don't sit at or near a computer. Yes, I am a heavy email user, probably close to 100 emails a day come across my phone. If I don't delete them after a couple of hours, then I'm stuck having to sit there and swipe away emails for 5 minutes. That's utterly stupid in my book when a simple "delete all" button could fix this.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  7. #7  
    I can only imagine that EVERYONE here has a computer... I empty my Deleted folder there... and poof! It's empty on the Pre in just seconds.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I can only imagine that EVERYONE here has a computer... I empty my Deleted folder there... and poof! It's empty on the Pre in just seconds.
    Doesn't work when your account is just a POP3 account.

    Every email that I have ever received on my Pre is in the Trash...and there is no way to empty it. Seriously, WTF?
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    I'm a plant worker and am there 12 hours a day and don't sit at or near a computer. Yes, I am a heavy email user, probably close to 100 emails a day come across my phone. If I don't delete them after a couple of hours, then I'm stuck having to sit there and swipe away emails for 5 minutes. That's utterly stupid in my book when a simple "delete all" button could fix this.
    I see. Yes, that would def change it for me.
  10. #10  
    I just disovered all this email that I thought I was deleting.

    But it now looks like with POP, that when you delete an email from the Inbox it is now going to the Trash folder.

    However, I can't seem to find a way to empty (or permamentally delete) those emails that ended up in the Trash folder.

    I did the normal swip to the right and that seems to work but I have a few hundred deleted emails now in the Trash.

    Am I supposed to swip to the right all over again to get rid of them one by one?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  11. #11  
    Yes, you have to empty the trash. Throw them off 1 by 1. Even though I get 50 emails a day, it's not a bad feature. I have accidentally deleted email that I didn't want to and was glad they were in the trash. I wish there was an empty trash option, but I'm getting to be an expert at deleting trash quickly.
  12. #12  
    Just when you swipe from left to right to can actually swipe the whole page just play with it and six or seven can be deleted at a time - pretty neat
  13.    #13  
    I'm not sure I understand how you're swiping away more than one at a time. Can you explain more please?

    I can "fast swipe" each one before they move up to the top of the page but have never been able to swipe more than one at a time.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by darylreinert View Post
    Just when you swipe from left to right to can actually swipe the whole page just play with it and six or seven can be deleted at a time - pretty neat
    Still a pain. I must have over 1000 items in my trash. Even if I can delete 6 or 7 at a time, that is still a *major* pain.

    The old PalmOS had two features to deal with this:

    1) Auto delete items from trash that are older than xx days
    2) A manual empty trash function


    Why the heck did the WebOS developers leave so many useful (and, in this case, critical) PalmOS features out of WebOS? Apple got slammed for leaving similar things out of their iPhone OS and has since addressed them.

    It's very disappointing. At the moment, I am just letting the trash fill up in hopes that we will see this feature added in the not too distant future...but it keeps getting bigger and bigger in the meantime...
  15. #15  
    ouch, I also get 50 a day, this is too much to erase.
    Larry
  16. #16  
    I use gmail and I just use the web version on my PC to mass delete my e-mail on a regular basis once every couple of days. It is not perfect but until something easier comes along, it is faster than 50 swipes to the right (or in my case if its been 2 or 3 days, 150 swipes to the right!).
  17. tx_dbs_tx's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    #17  
    Hey Palm, lunch break is over!!! This sort of negligence is total BS! We need the two basis functions to handle our trash folders... 1. Empty trash after X amount of days. 2. Delete all trash.
    DUH!!! It looks like there's some people over at Palm who are waaaaaaaaaaay over paid!!! Get on with the updates to address this and every other lacking basic functions like ASAP.
  18. #18  
    i know it's not a simple solution, but how about forwarding your POP email to a gmail account, and then only having the pre check your gmail account? then, all you have to do is empty your gmail trash from your laptop/desktop. that's how i'm set up and my pre trash folder is empty (i get duplicate emails in my comcast account for some reason, but that's a different story).
  19. #19  
    OK. I know its been said before. In fact many people have said this since June. And this is exactly why I am saying it again with emphasis.

    ?????????????????????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. No Voice Dialing Feature
    2. No Empty Trash Folder Command

    Palm has remained silent on these two major issues since June. (Silence is not a good sign) (Usually means they are trying to ignore the problem and stall for time).
    So I want everyone to keep up the pressure. Whatever it takes. Keep complaining until someone at Palm responds to this.

    Honestly it makes Palm OS developers (who have a great looking app) look very foolish. NOT A GOOD REFLECTION ON THE COMPANY!!

    ONCE MORE: "NOT A GOOD RELFLECTION ON THE PALM OS DEVELOPERS OR THE PALM PRE"

    IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH!!!! HEY IS ANYBODY OUT THERE???

    Crus
  20. #20  
    OK. I know its been said before. In fact many people have said this since June. And this is exactly why I am saying it again with emphasis.

    ?????????????????????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. No Voice Dialing Feature
    2. No Empty Trash Folder Command

    Palm has remained silent on these two major issues since June. (Silence is not a good sign) (Usually means they are trying to ignore the problem and stall for time).
    So I want everyone to keep up the pressure. Whatever it takes. Keep complaining until someone at Palm responds to this.

    Honestly it makes Palm OS developers (who have a great looking app) look very foolish. NOT A GOOD REFLECTION ON THE COMPANY!!

    ONCE MORE: "NOT A GOOD RELFLECTION ON THE PALM OS DEVELOPERS OR THE PALM PRE"

    IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH!!!! HEY IS ANYBODY OUT THERE???

    Crus
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions