Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I can empty trash hundreds at a time in both IMAP and POP email accounts. I go into each email acccount's trash folder and click on the top left of screen where it says email and choose empty trash. It prompts with two optios-one "empty trash" a red button and a cancel button. I choose delete and it deletes all of the trash in each email address' trash folder.
    Yes . I have done that many times. But it has stopped working. And yes I press the bar aking if I really mean it
    try deleted the mail account and reinstalling it. I have had mine do things beofre and once reinstalled they worked fine. Worth a try.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have this same problem with my AIM IMAP mail account. But my messages are also duplicated in the trash folder. I have removed and readded the account with no success. I think there's some caching involved, because when I added the account again all authentication info was already there. If I knew a way to wipe out that cache, that would be a better way to see if that's a fix for the issue.
    Yes, I discovered the authentication info was already there, too, when I tried to set up the account again. But there we no mailboxes until I tried to send myself an email, which got stuck in an outbox, which appeared a few minutes later. [so maybe something got deleted even if the account data is still there]

I am trying to remove the account again, which takes longer than one would expect. Then I will try to set it up again with a new name. [Scanned mail instead of Spamcop.]

I confess, I am getting very frustrated with this phone. I love some of its features, but the important tools are not that reliable.

The real reason I wanted to empty the trash was that I thought perhaps that might help with recent sluggishness of the phone. In desperation last night, I ran the delete patches app. (That was only after many attempts to delete the mail. Unfortunately I didn't make a list. It will be interesting to see what I miss.

Well, just looked at the phone again... still Removing Account. Since I started it, I have walked the dog, checked my bank account and responded to Neo999's post.

[From my desktop]
    aargh... still can't delete the account completely. It took over an hour to finish removing the account. But when I tired to add a new account with a different name, the Pre recognizes the incoming email address and merely renames the old account.

Meanwhile the phone seems more and more sluggish. Sometimes in this process I have thought that I have received a new set of blank account fields but after while the fields appear filled with the old data. Similarly, with my alternative email account when I open the account, it takes quite a while for the info to appear.

Wish I hadn't tried to delete the account, now I can't use it and don't know what has changed.
    If you are using your email with IMAP and haven't deleted the emails on the actual server, such as in gmail, then even if you remove them from your phone, the account will resync and they will usually reappear on your phone.

To delete something permanently, you have to empty the trash in your actual, online, email account.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Thanks. I am using POP on that account. I tried to switch to IMAP but the pre wouldn't let me.

I am using my basic account now but that isn't fltered by Spamcop whih holds back about 100 Spam emaiils adat.

len
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    Thanks. I am using POP on that account. I tried to switch to IMAP but the pre wouldn't let me.

I am using my basic account now but that isn't fltered by Spamcop whih holds back about 100 Spam emaiils adat.

len
    I believe that in order to change such settings for an account, you'd have to add it like a new account, using IMAP from the beginning. Then remove the old one.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123