Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    [url= Email DeleteAll - WebOS Internals[/url]
    I was just thinkin about that one, works like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yea, I saw that one and the "read all" one. Should I include that in a future version of WebOS Quick Install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, I saw that one and the "read all" one. Should I include that in a future version of WebOS Quick Install?
    Oh ya m8 if you can. I say if Palm at going to give us a fix and you can add these kind of hacks to Quick Install you should!

I know I've said this before but WebOS Quick Install is a awesome program!!! Jason you've done an amazing job with it, Thank You m8.

I've used Quick Install to do everything that can be done through "rooting". Not just the hacks that you have included.

I've used it the completely theme my Pre from changing my icons, changing system fonts and colors, and much more. I've also used it to do things like kill sounds and alerts that I didn't much care for. If there's a tweak on webos.internals you can, with a little digging and time do it using the send and receive funtions of Quick Install.

As a matter of fact Jason, I've been working on a how to guide on all of the changes I've made using Quick Install and was going to send it to ya when I was done putting it all together. I'll get it to you in about a week or so, just wanted to see what Palm is doing with this whole update thing and the fact that I'm getting married in about 6 hours from now and will be away for a week.

But as soon as I see what Palm's next update changes and I get back from the honeymoon I'll get it to you.

Again, to anyone that hasn't gottin Quick Install or donated to this developer for all of his hard work, do it now!!!

Thanks J
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Please!
    Basically if I have over 100 email messages in my trash...i just 'remove the account', then put it right back in.... If you have deleted your messages from your trash in your main account..they will all be gone...trust me... saves tons of time..take it out..clear it on your computer..put it back on your phone..it takes 2 minutes...tops...
    I have just updated the Read All Delete All patch to significantly improve performance and fix a lock up issue.
    I was hopeful last night when I installed my Pre update that it would fix the trash problem and it did. You can finally empty your trash from the drop down menu. Yay!

Now, if only Palm would attach actual dates instead of "last week" to older text messages.
    I hope by now everyone is aware of the "Empty Trash" option from the menu when you are viewing the emails in your trash folder. If not, you can now empty your trash folder!
    a work around is to.load the read all delete all patch then while in trash folder hit the delete button and confirm . Shazam all deleted.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Great news! Our Palm Pre's now have an "empty Trash" option.
    Go to "letter"; hit "Trash" file; then go up top to "Email" and select "empty trash"!
    Takes about 10-20 seconds....so I guess the programmers are paying attention after all.
    Yippee
    I'm selecting Empty Trash, I'm pushing the delete button.. but nothing happens! I have over 5000 emails in there! Someone help!
    I'm selecting empty trash, I'm pressing delete.. but nothing happens! I have over 5000 emails in there! Someone help! Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by evanesq View Post
    I'm selecting empty trash, I'm pressing delete.. but nothing happens! I have over 5000 emails in there! Someone help! Please!
    I am sure b/c of the amount of trash you have, it may take a while to delete 5000 emails....I would say give it time to work, or maybe reboot your phone and try it again
    Last edited by RoverNole; 04/01/2010 at 09:17 AM.
  14. ZFF
    I have 13 email accounts, 3 Gmail and 10 Pop3. I have all 3 Gmail and 3 of my most used pop3 accounts configured on my Pre. The only gripe I still have about emptying trash on my Pre is the Empty Trash command is per email account. If I want to empty trash from all accounts, I have to navigate to the trash folder of each account before I can use the Empty Trash command.

I want a global trash delete from the top level menu that nukes the trash in all accounts in one shot. Does anyone make a patch like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Have any of you found a way to delete the deleted mails in the "trash" folder without having to "flick" each individual one?

It's be nice to have a "Empty Trash" button or something similar..
    The trash is automatically deleted after it has been in the Trash folder for 7 days. Why would you need it any more often then that? All my junk is organized to not go to my phone so I almost never have to even delete anything using my phone. Plus i keep every email that is directed to me and legitimate.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Go to individual email account, select the Trash folder, at top left where it says email click there drop down box says empty trash, choose that and a second message says "Empty trash?" Click red "empty trash"! That allows you to empty all of the email in that folder.
    Anyway to delete all the DRAFTS?
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Anyway to delete all the DRAFTS?
    Thanks
    Read all Delete All patch will let you do this.
    I have a PrePlus with the latest build. It has the drop down menu with Empty Trash and I have added the patch with the read and delete icons. It usually works in my inbox although sometimes I can't get back to the main mail menu listing my mailboxes for a while after using it. But more important, I can't find a way to empty the trash, lately.

I have over 4000 emails in trash, I have tried both the drop down menu and the delete icon without success. I have repeatedly restarted and even taken the battery out and put it back in. I'd rather not remove the account because I had some difficulty setting it up 4 months ago.

My wife just asked me to take out the trash. Help.

Suggestions please

TIA.

Len
    Last edited by modemjunkie; 08/08/2010 at 09:28 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast