Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevier View Post
    Some of these "Let the battery die then the next day it was great" could be attributed to the fact that you reset your phone. Most reports here say that you did not open as many apps through the next day and perhaps avoided an app with a memory leak, (I'm looking at you IM, and Spaz). Having a cleaner running os, aka. less possibly leaky apps, may do as much for the battery life as the battery draining and resetting the calibration circuitry.

I'm not doubting that the circuitry might need a stern talking to but I would also say a good ol fashioned reset doesn't hurt either.

That all said, I'm draining my battery tonight and giving it a good full charge.
    I was worried about the same thing. So I tried making sure i opened everything and used everything last night, just to see. Today it's just as good.

It still might be something getting 'stuck' on and fixed with the reset, but I can't figure out what it is since i'm ok now. Maybe something in the setup?

I can't disregard the more than doubling of battery life time after the full discharge.
  2.    #42  
    don't like to bump my own threads.. but there is still alot of people discovering how to make their battery better... so... bump

this thread is a little more detailed in WHY you let battery die/almost die.. then charge it for 10 hours overnight. It's to re-calibrate the battery meter INSIDE the phone.. It has more to do with the phones circuitry then it does with the battery
    Last edited by antonio3; 06/15/2009 at 11:19 AM.
    if i'm at home working all the time, is it best to just let it connect to charger 24/7 or should I take it off when it gets to 100%??? When is it time to ''top off''???
    Only if the hole is larger than 1/4" - if smaller then 1/4" no problems and you will be blessed with the odor from the innards of the refrigerator.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    I think that hole i drilled in my fridge for the charger cable is really effecting the fridge's performance.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Nickel Metal and Nickel Metal Hydride batteries like to be power cycled. Not Lithion Ion as mentioned above. Always top off lithium ion batteries.
    i know this is an old thread..but i just saw this on the iphone site.

Use iPhone Regularly
    For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, itís important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
    Yes - of all the common kitchen appliances, I think the fridge is the best place to charge your battery.

Other places to charge your new Pre (from most desirable to least):

• Freezer
    • Microwave (not running)
    • Oven
    • Microwave (running)
    • Dishwasher
    • Blendtec TotalBlender (running, of course)
    I took your advice and tried the last one on the list, my problem is that my phone now wont take a charge. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123