Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here are all of the Pre Specific hash codes that I have confirmed. There are more out there, so I will keep hunting, and edit this post as I find more...but this one does not include the treo/centro codes that do not work.

This list is not currently that long, but like I said, I will keep pounding away at it.

##TTY# (889)
    Enables/disables TTY.

##GPS# (477)
    This will give you location, altitude, speed, and accuracy information gathered via GPS.

##RTN# (786)
    This the Phone Information page. It tells you how many minutes the unit has on it, how much data has transpired, the warranty date, ESN, phone number, software and hardware revisions, refurbished status, etc. Note: Please be careful with the options in the pull-down menu.

##DEBUG# (33284)
    CDMA phone info screen, which contains a bunch of technical data on your curent signal and tower connection. Signal strength is given as RSSI, which stands for Received Signal Strength Indicator. The closer to zero the RSSI value, the better the signal.

##EVDO# (3836)
    Launches EVDO Settings. It gives you the options to force your pre into the following options: 1xRTT only, EVDO Rev 0 only, Hybrid Rev 0, EVDO only, or Hybrid Rev A (meaning pick the best available). Hybrid Rev A is likely to get you the best speed, but if you don't have good reception in your area, you may want to choose something else to conserve battery life.

##DATA# (3282)
    This stores all of your Sprint Data login information, including default gateway, etc. I don't recommend changing these settings unless your data services are not working.

##VPON# (8766)
    Voice privacy enabled.

##VPOFF# (87633)
    Voice privacy disabled.

##(MSL)# (Whatever your phone's MSL is)
    This allows you to see/change your number. Do NOT change this to a number without notifying Sprint, or your phone will no longer work.

Please exercise EXTREME caution when using the following codes...if you do something incorrectly, your phone will NO LONGER WORK, and you will have to contact Sprint technical support.:

##AKEY# (2539)
    Allows you to re-enter the 26-digit AKey on CDMA devices. Note: An incorrect AKey will deactivate the phone and you will need to contact technical support for the AKey.

##PREV# (7738)
    Opens Mobile Protocol Revision menu.

UNCONFIRMED:

##ERR# (377)
    Displays the last error that caused the phone to crash. (My phone has not crashed, so this one is unconfirmed...but it did not give me ANY feedback, so I actually doubt that this one works).
    Last edited by LarrySteeze; 06/10/2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Great list... this should be stickied!
  3.    #3  
    Heh...I don't think they are stickying this type of topic anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by LarrySteeze View Post
    Heh...I don't think they are stickying this type of topic anymore...
    Why not?
    Should we put the Konami code in this list? It can be classified similarly, in that it is a debugging/programmer feature... (For those who didn't know, type the following into Universal Search: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
  6.    #6  
    The dev mode code isn't a hash code though.

And I don't know why they aren't stickying topics like this. I think it's somewhat important.

Oh yeah...and I updated the list a TAD bit again last night.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    What is "Voice Privacy"?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    What is "Voice Privacy"?
    x2

I'm now curious.
    Please correct the ##RTN# to ##RUN# since it displays runtime info.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Good info...
  11. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    What is "Voice Privacy"?
    Voice privacy is a second level encryption for your voice call on a CDMA based network. The base CDMA standard is already encrypted and the only time you might want "voice privacy" is if you were roaming. CDMA breakes up your call into tiny segments and transmits it on whatever frequency is availible at that time so in order for someone to listen to you not only do they have to be able to jump frequencies instantly, and recieve the person on the other line on a completely different frequency, they also have to seperate your call from another call that is on the same frequency happening at the same time, and then they have to crack the unique code given to every call.
    Where do I type these in?
    Quote Originally Posted by moeBot View Post
    Where do I type these in?
    Go to the main phone screen which has the dial pad and start typing.
    They're ## codes, so ## starts the code, followed by the letters (translated into numbers, eg. a, b, and c translate into the number 2).
    My biggest problem with Sprint in my area (besides the generally low signal) has been the lack of EVDO. All other carriers offer EVDO here but for some reason Sprint has neglected my poor city. By using the ##evdo# hash code I was able to switch the data mode to EVDO only and now I have EVDO service. I assume that the data is coming from another provider so in essence I am probably just data roaming. I do not have any roaming indicators. I wonder what the repercussions could be from doing this.
    For example>>> ##GPS# (477)

Do you use the parenthesis when typing? Would love to know my altitude when i go to the mountains. In flatland right now. thanks
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeskan View Post
    For example>>> ##GPS# (477)

Do you use the parenthesis when typing? Would love to know my altitude when i go to the mountains. In flatland right now. thanks
    You simply press the ##GPS# on the telephone keyboard. After you enter the last #, your screen will change. The (477) is just there to show you the numbers on the keypad that represent GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    Why not?
    I think it's included in the 'tips & tricks' PDF.
    Well, at least I can bookmark it in Firefox, and have my bookmark saved for all of my computers via Xmarks! :-) Nice post. I'm always trying to remember some of these codes.
  19. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour View Post
    My biggest problem with Sprint in my area (besides the generally low signal) has been the lack of EVDO. All other carriers offer EVDO here but for some reason Sprint has neglected my poor city. By using the ##evdo# hash code I was able to switch the data mode to EVDO only and now I have EVDO service. I assume that the data is coming from another provider so in essence I am probably just data roaming. I do not have any roaming indicators. I wonder what the repercussions could be from doing this.
    You won't be able to receive phone calls or texts when in EVDO only mode
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    The instinct forums had several good threads on these type of hacks/mods as a way to improve functionality, and so far I think people are focusing on the other style of modding the Pre since the root access/homebrew apps are easy to program compared to a locked up phone (such as the instinct). I am interested in increasing my data services signal, and in the instinct forums, there was a page with instructions for changing settings on two different locations. One was to change the Home Agent IP address...IE where your signal travels to get internet on EVDO. There are individual towers that this will help your cell get signal from vs. searching first. I noticed a huge improvement when I changed that setting and am hoping to do the same on this great device.

I still need to obtain my MSL, and since I was unable to get a tech to let me have it when I called (...we cannot give that information until the phone is deactivated--btw whytf would I want it then)....I want to find out if the same program I used with the instinct will detect my MSL on the Pre. I will probably go home tonight and check the old Instinct forum threads for the program instructions and see if it works....if it does, I'll make sure to post info here for others.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast