Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A lot of those (USSD?) codes depend on the carrier you're on, don't they? Good thread, who has more info?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    USSD codes yes. What is USSD? Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. Sprint hash codes begin with ##, GSM begins with *#. Still can't get any to work apart from *#06# (EMEI number).
    Last edited by Jimbode; 12/06/2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Found answer to USSD
    tried ##768#, got USSD request failed.Network failure

clue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    All I could find on this are called "Hash Codes" (Even though the US seem to call the hash a pound). The US Pre has a whole load of hash codes but I couldn't get any to work on a GSM Pre. *#06# works but thats about it.

There's a patch in Preware to length of calls in your call log.
    sorry i am going to compare again, if you have nokia, there is a funtion that can let you know how many minutes you have called since it's unboxed. so?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    A lot of those (USSD?) codes depend on the carrier you're on, don't they? Good thread, who has more info?
    USSD request failed.Network failure
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jiajiahairui View Post
    sorry i am going to compare again, if you have nokia, there is a funtion that can let you know how many minutes you have called since it's unboxed. so?
    Now I follow. Looking into it...
    There is already http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1662866 thread about these hash codes
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    There is already http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1662866a thread about thes
    For the US Pre
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    A little more info from here

USSD codes works in the same way on all networks and GSM phone. USSD codes always looks like:

Activate: *USSD_Code# @

Deactivate: #USSD_Code # @

Delete: ##USSD_Code # @

Check Status: *#USSD_Code# @

USSD_Code = the feature code the mobile phone should send to the network

@ is the Send key
    For the US Pre
    Well I included posts about the GSM codes there and about the difference with 1.3.1.
    There is already http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1662866 thread about these hash codes
    Thank you very much!
    I could not get the hash codes working on my German GSM Pre. Looked into the code of webosdoctorp100eww-wr\resources\webOS\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

As I understand it:
    1. The GSM and Spint versions differ in the hash codes they accept
    2. The strings for activating hash codes are: on CDMA: ##[number]# or #*#[number]# on GSM: #*[number]#
    3. I have to hit dial (green) after the closing # to get the codes working on my German GSM Pre with webOS 1.2 Sprint

The differences seem to be:
    ODD, HELPHELP, RADIO, OFF are not supported in 1.1.3
    in addition:
    GSM models do not support (even when running WebOS 1.2)
    VPON,VPOFF,AKEY,EVDO,PREV,GPS,RTN,DEBUG,DATA,OMADM

Furthermore I have not seen the hash code LOGS mentioned anywhere. It produces a log that can be emailed, is encrypted, but the key is included.....I think

As mentioned by others, please use extreme caution when trying these codes and try at your own risk..... ...I have no clue what the side effect could be
    |Can anyone check/confirm this?

Australia, 3 service, German Pre, doesn't work by your #*CODE#
    It is always "USSD failed, network failure" sth. aw... can't even check when the phone was produced?
    And this post is what I know about entering codes and working codes on a GSM model.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Well I included posts about the GSM codes there and about the difference with 1.3.1.
    Sorry I didn't read the whole thread.

My post number 11 is valid. Codes 21, 61, 62 and 67 (link above) work on the GSM Pre. Still trying to find other codes that work.

30 - Incoming caller ID presentation
    31 - Outgoing caller ID
    33 - Call barring (outgoing)
    35 - Call barring (incoming)
    Last edited by Jimbode; 12/06/2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Added more codes
    Sorry I didn't read the whole thread.

My post number 11 is valid. Codes 21, 61, 62 and 67 (link above) work on the GSM Pre. Also found code 31 works (send/don't send caller ID). Still trying to find other codes that work.
    No problem. I wondered whether the codes you mention, and perhaps were referred to in the first post of the thread, are operator/GSM specific? While the codes mentioned in the other thread are Pre-specific. They are executed/handled on the Pre itself. They are not sent to the operator. Pre-unrecognized codes, like GPS, are being sent to the operator though.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    No problem. I wondered whether the codes you mention, and perhaps were referred to in the first post of the thread, are operator/GSM specific? While the codes mentioned in the other thread are Pre-specific. They are executed/handled on the Pre itself. They are not sent to the operator. Pre-unrecognized codes, like GPS, are being sent to the operator though.
    It seems that the 2 digit codes are GSM, not operator specific. The codes in the other thread seem to be CDMA Pre specific. Still can't find codes requested by OP.
    Australia, 3 service, German Pre, doesn't work by your #*CODE#
    Which code did you try? All listed one in your quote are codes that are NOT supported for a GSM pre. As others said, the GSM model really does not support any (Pre-on board-executed) useful codes.
    1.4 introduces the following hash codes also called pound codes:
    '477': DialAction.GPS,
    '66623': DialAction.LAUNCHEXTERNAL, // MONAD (backup to cellebrite devices)
    '2833766': DialAction.AUDEQON, // for headset an audio equalizer
    '28337633': DialAction.AUDEQOFF

These should work on GSm and on CDMA models, I could only check it on GSM. Note that the GPS code is now officially supported on GSM models.

I could not get the hash codes working on my German GSM Pre. Looked into the code of webosdoctorp100eww-wr\resources\webOS\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

As I understand it:
    1. The GSM and Spint versions differ in the hash codes they accept
    2. The strings for activating hash codes are: on CDMA: ##[number]# or #*#[number]# on GSM: #*[number]#
    3. I have to hit dial (green) after the closing # to get the codes working on my German GSM Pre with webOS 1.2 Sprint

As mentioned by others, please use extreme caution when trying these codes and try at your own risk..... ...I have no clue what the side effect could be
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/26/2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: cellebrite
    USSD request failed.Network failure
    I'm having the same error, did you manage to find a fix for this?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast