Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    A couple more...

##USBPASS# USB Passthrough Control
    ##OMADM# Open Mobile Alliance Device Management provisioning

##PPTEST# Experimental Mode
    (doesnt work for me says invalid msl, but, doesnt let me key it)

##CDTEST# Experimental Mode
    Quote Originally Posted by superdavex View Post
    A couple more...

How would these menus be used?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Is there a hash code to disable the Sprint voice mail?

I'm considering switching over to Google Voice, and i would want that to be the voice mail place...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post

I'm considering switching over to Google Voice, and i would want that to be the voice mail place...

Thanks!
    No, no hash code for vm. You can just call *2 and have cs turn it off. It might be a good idea to ask for technical support to get someone who knows what they are doing.
    Just call sprint and say you need it to do the ##786# feature
    Is there a code to force the pre into roaming only for voice network? My signal strength at home is very poor. The phone very rarely switches to roaming even though I have it set to automatic. Thanks.
    Nice thanks for the codes
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicislander View Post
    Is there a code to force the pre into roaming only for voice network? My signal strength at home is very poor. The phone very rarely switches to roaming even though I have it set to automatic. Thanks.
    There's a patch for that.. just look in Preware under Patches..
    Quote Originally Posted by superdavex View Post
    A couple more...

yea pptest and cdtest dont work because they are six digits like your msl number....
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Is there an equivalent ##RUN# (786) for GSM version? It would be nice to be able to see voice, standby and data usage info...
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Is there an equivalent ##RUN# (786) for GSM version? It would be nice to be able to see voice, standby and data usage info...
    +1

Code was also used to determine manufacturing date for the Pre, if this can be found on the GSM version, then please share.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    what do ##usbpass# and ##omadm# do
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post

Thanks!
    I switched to Google Voice about a week ago, and I don't recall taking extra steps to turn off the Sprint voicemail... Google must have either done it automatically or walked me through it painlessly. I definitely didn't need to use hash codes.
    I could not get the hash codes working on my German GSM Pre. Looked into the code of webosdoctorp100eww-wr\resources\webOS\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

As I understand it:
    1. The GSM and Spint versions differ in the hash codes they accept
    2. The strings for activating hash codes are: on CDMA: ##[number]# or #*#[number]# on GSM: #*[number]#
    3. I have to hit dial (green) after the closing # to get the codes working on my German GSM Pre with webOS 1.2 Sprint

The differences seem to be:
    ODD, HELPHELP, RADIO, OFF are not supported in 1.1.3
    in addition:
    GSM models do not support (even when running WebOS 1.2)
    VPON,VPOFF,AKEY,EVDO,PREV,GPS,RTN,DEBUG,DATA,OMADM

Furthermore I have not seen the hash code LOGS mentioned anywhere. It produces a log that can be emailed, is encrypted, but the key is included.....I think

As mentioned by others, please use extreme caution when trying these codes and try at your own risk..... ...I have no clue what the side effect could be
    |Can anyone check/confirm this?

edit: also see 1.3.1 codes
    Last edited by Dick99999; 12/06/2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: 1.3.1
    So with my GSM Pre 1.1.3 there is not really a Hash Code working
    That explains a lot
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    +1

Code was also used to determine manufacturing date for the Pre, if this can be found on the GSM version, then please share.
    Dosen't work:

"USSD request failed. Network return failure."
    Mask (SID6581) and FTP are new in the hash code list of Spint webOS v3.1.1. They should work for both Sprint (I tried GSM/Sprint)and unmodified GSM models. Mask displays "number mask enabled". Disabled if dialed again. I tried, it does not hide caller ID, so must be some other 'mask'.
    FTP gives no visual response. Looking in the code, it seems to start an 'external program' named FTP, which I could not find doing a quick check. Perhaps a tool to start an user installed FTP or any other program named FTP?
    Last edited by Dick99999; 11/14/2009 at 03:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Mask (SID6581) and FTP are new in the hash code list of Spint webOS v3.1.1. [snip]
    FTP gives no visual response. Looking in the code, it seems to start an 'external program' named FTP, which I could not find doing a quick check.
    Perhaps it starts an FTP server on the phone. If you have dev mode enabled and know the IP address of the phone, you can check.
    hello,

does Pre have codes like Nokia does such as: *#0000#, *#06# etc.

the only thing i want to know about this is that i want to know when my pre was assembled and how long are the calls i made.

any help?

GDAY
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    All I could find on this are called "Hash Codes" (Even though the US seem to call the hash a pound). The US Pre has a whole load of hash codes but I couldn't get any to work on a GSM Pre. *#06# works but thats about it.

There's a patch in Preware to length of calls in your call log.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast