Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have an older car so I don't have an AUX port, but I have the cassette->3.5mm adapter in my tape player and it still works great with my music playing while my NAVI is giving me turn by turn. I love this phone.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just tried it in my xB and it works great, the only thing being the person on the other end was hearing an echo of themselves, of course I had the volume way up!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I used this over the weekend during a long car trip, had to turn up the volume pretty loud in order to hear the phone conversation. when I hung up and returned to the music it nearly blew out my eardrums and my speaker.....be careful!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMAX View Post
    I used this over the weekend during a long car trip, had to turn up the volume pretty loud in order to hear the phone conversation. when I hung up and returned to the music it nearly blew out my eardrums and my speaker.....be careful!
    I thought the pre had seperate volumes levels for music and telephone.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have also found for some reason if I charge with the USB port in my computer I can get about another day out of my battery vs charging in the wall. Why is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Just fyi... don't leave your phone plugged into your car charger for more than 45 minutes (on a dead battery). Car chargers are meant to QUICKLY recharge your phone's batt whereas standard at home chargers are a slow charge. If you leave it on for more than 45 minutes, you'll shorten the life of your batt.

.. or so I'm told!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    you are absolutely correct. a car charger will never stop charging your battery, so even when it's full, it will still attempt to charge at the full 12v power. common side effect is immediate loss of battery life, also the battery gets really hot.

in extreme cases, ive actually seen the batteries expand, it almost looks like the insides have "popped" (from OVER-NIGHT on a car charger).

the non technical way to test this.. lay your battery flat on a flat surface and try to spin it, if it barely moves, its good, if it actually rotates, its bad.

they do make converters if you are in your vehicle a lot, it reduces the power to that of a standard wall plug.
    No offense to the two of you, but this is simply not true. You're both quite misinformed.

That may have been partially true at some point in time [1990s] with NiCad or NiMH batteries being charged with chargers that did not feature intelligent circuitry to prevent overcharging, but it's 2009.

This "full 12v power" talk is also nonsense, as is this made up "45 minutes" duration. Middle school physics provides an explanation of these things, fellas
    Plugging into the stereo jack was killed around 1.2 when they allowed for more compatibility w/ more headsets... i'm still missing this function. you can still listen, but you can't take calls
    Thanks for letting me know that wilson. I thought that maybe I was just having problems with talking while having "normal headphones" in.
    I hadn't read this thread or any of the others when decided to try this in my car last night.

I had the "caller through the car speakers, but they can't hear you" problem straight away

However, I *think* the "speakerphone" button on the Pre was showing a new icon (well, new to me anyway) which looked like a headset at the time.

It it possible that the plug-sensing has been broken in one of the WebOS updates and the Pre now assumes that ANY 3.5mm jack plugged into it has a mic. available ?
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    No offense to the two of you, but this is simply not true. You're both quite misinformed.

That may have been partially true at some point in time [1990s] with NiCad or NiMH batteries being charged with chargers that did not feature intelligent circuitry to prevent overcharging, but it's 2009.

This "full 12v power" talk is also nonsense, as is this made up "45 minutes" duration. Middle school physics provides an explanation of these things, fellas
    I agree. I have to think though that my car charger does seem to supply a bit less current cause when I am on the phone or streaming it's just enough to keep the battery level maintained, not increased.
    Solution: I found a 12V voltage invertor to supply 120V, 5VDC USB and a 12V pass through. 200 watts is enough to even power my laptop as well, and it's got "drain protection" to shut itself off before my car's battery won't have enough left to start
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/06/2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    Plugging into the stereo jack was killed around 1.2 when they allowed for more compatibility w/ more headsets... i'm still missing this function. you can still listen, but you can't take calls
    I spent 15 minus talking to tech support tonight and he had me hold the power button in, and toggle the mute switch 3 or 4 times, it did a funky reset, I plugged in a set of head phones and it works properly.
    Prior I had tried WebOS Doc and various updates, I even had the problem with a replacement Pre. It seems that the device was stuck under some other application while accessing the mic.

Try this, let me know if it works for you, and as always, us the "thanks" button!

Also, will send the tech log for anyone having further issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    I spent 15 minus talking to tech support tonight and he had me hold the power button in, and toggle the mute switch 3 or 4 times, it did a funky reset, I plugged in a set of head phones and it works properly.
    Prior I had tried WebOS Doc and various updates, I even had the problem with a replacement Pre. It seems that the device was stuck under some other application while accessing the mic.

Try this, let me know if it works for you, and as always, us the "thanks" button!

Also, will send the tech log for anyone having further issues.
    Unbelievable. I've done several things to try and fix this and this is the first thing that has worked more than once. I will test over the next couple of days and see if it continues to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoliver View Post
    Totally. And I wish money would come out of it too.
    my zune does the video go find rainbows for the money its waht i did
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123