Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    It appears these are windows only files. Is there an options for us MAC guys???
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Sweet Post !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have the files in the mp3 gain program and have processed them but how do i copy them to the pre. there is no save option and i can not right click to copy and paste into the folder.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arm_pre View Post
    First off, thanks to cencom14, we do need louder ring tones.
    Unfortunately, turning the gain up on these files creates digital clipping/distortion.

I've maximized these files with the proper tools, so they are now just as loud as cencom14's, but without the ugly digital distortion.

Yea, this might sound like I'm a little OCD, but Audio Engineering is my business, and I thought I'd try to respect the ring tone composer, Roger Bourland's work.

Here is the link to the files:
    zshare.net/download/6111988967a8766f
    very nice! sounds great. thanks
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arm_pre View Post
    First off, thanks to cencom14, we do need louder ring tones.
    Unfortunately, turning the gain up on these files creates digital clipping/distortion.

I've maximized these files with the proper tools, so they are now just as loud as cencom14's, but without the ugly digital distortion.

Yea, this might sound like I'm a little OCD, but Audio Engineering is my business, and I thought I'd try to respect the ring tone composer, Roger Bourland's work.

Here is the link to the files:
    zshare.net/download/6111988967a8766f
    these are great!
    great tip works awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the tip I now use this with the ringtones i make myself.
    Right on Thank you so much now i can here when I get a call. Thank you !!!!!!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Thank you! Any word on whether we're going to get our ears blown out when using a headset? Do the ringtones ever play over the headset?
    They do play back, and you do! Anyone figured out a workaround?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    They do play back, and you do! Anyone figured out a workaround?
    My workaround was to create a ringtone with a ramping volume, which give me a few seconds to silence the phone.

Eric
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cencom14 View Post
    I believe I have found a workaround to increase the ringer volume on the Pre. I discovered that all the built in ringers on the Pre are in the /ringtones folder when looking at the Pre as a USB drive. They are all mp3 files. I used a program called MP3 Gain to analyze the db volume level of each file. The files all pretty much had very low db volume levels around 92db. This explains the low ringtone volumes! I used the program to boost the volume levels of each file to 100db. Viola! All the files are now markedly louder and there is no distortion. The MP3 Gain program can be found here: mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php . I hope this helps people hear their Pre better!
    Audacity does the same thing
    This helped alot - thanks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    "My workaround was to create a ringtone with a ramping volume, which give me a few seconds to silence the phone."

how did you do the 'ramping' volume?
    Thanks for the link to the undistorted ringtones, but I'd advise finding a different site to share them from. zshare.net tried to open several popup windows, and my antivirus software detected a worm and a trojan during the download process. If you've already downloaded the file from zshare and didn't get any warnings, do a full virus scan to be safe.