Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Any helpful program if we have windows 7 installed I can't seem to find anything.
    This is great. Good idea to increase the db, I wouldn't have thought of that!
    thanks
    First off, thanks to cencom14, we do need louder ring tones.
    Unfortunately, turning the gain up on these files creates digital clipping/distortion.

I've maximized these files with the proper tools, so they are now just as loud as cencom14's, but without the ugly digital distortion.

Yea, this might sound like I'm a little OCD, but Audio Engineering is my business, and I thought I'd try to respect the ring tone composer, Roger Bourland's work.

Here is the link to the files:
    zshare.net/download/6111988967a8766f
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arm_pre View Post
    I've maximized these files with the proper tools, so they are now just as loud as cencom14's, but without the ugly digital distortion.
    Thank you! Any word on whether we're going to get our ears blown out when using a headset? Do the ringtones ever play over the headset?
    perfect. now we just need a way to make the SMS notification louder.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Downloaded the louder ringtones from Precentral. How do I move them to the ringtones application. Only can do one at a time.
    n
    That's ok I found the solution
    Last edited by asudevil; 06/08/2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: found the solution
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
    Downloaded the louder ringtones from Precentral. How do I move them to the ringtones application. Only can do one at a time.
    Attach to the computer in USB drive mode and put the ringtones in the directory /ringtones, found on the phone. Be sure to safely remove or eject the USB drive before detaching the phone from the computer.
    Thanks... However, I noticed that the original ringtones had a bitrate of 320 kbps.

Yeah, I'm picky too, unfortunately the few utilities that I have want to clip everything.
    sweet thanks for the heads up !
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre_3000 View Post
    perfect. now we just need a way to make the SMS notification louder.
    And we need the ability to select our own sounds for SMS, email, voicemail, unknown caller ring, etc. The fact that you can't customize system sounds is silly
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    First off, thanks to cencom14, we do need louder ring tones.
    Unfortunately, turning the gain up on these files creates digital clipping/distortion.

Yea, this might sound like I'm a little OCD, but Audio Engineering is my business, and I thought I'd try to respect the ring tone composer, Roger Bourland's work.

Thank you and the OP for such a wonderful tip. It worked fine for me.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Thank you arm_pre. That saves at least a half hour of work.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    this is great!!!

thanks alot..much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the PreCentral Louder set... I don't have a Pre yet, but I have to say, WOW! That's the oddest (I'm being very nice by using that word) set of ringtones I've ever heard! I think I lost about 20% of my testosterone by the 5th tone!

The Guitar is about the only one I could handle, but as mentioned above, it's been pushed too far and is now distorted.
    I got the louder tones from main page and it works great..
    Thanks, I'm trying it but I was concerned about the 'clipping'.

I even tried to say in options: don't clip but it looked like it did anyway.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by cencom14 View Post
    I believe I have found a workaround to increase the ringer volume on the Pre. I discovered that all the built in ringers on the Pre are in the /ringtones folder when looking at the Pre as a USB drive. They are all mp3 files. I used a program called MP3 Gain to analyze the db volume level of each file. The files all pretty much had very low db volume levels around 92db. This explains the low ringtone volumes! I used the program to boost the volume levels of each file to 100db. Viola! All the files are now markedly louder and there is no distortion. The MP3 Gain program can be found here: mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php . I hope this helps people hear their Pre better!
    Thanks a lot! What I wanna know is where were all you people who are thanking this dude when I had my Ringer Volume Sucks thread going?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ume-sucks.html
    Completely wrong thread sorry it's late.
    I copied my own MP3's into the folder and they were more than loud enough, but this is a great help and thanks to JT for the detailed instructions so we can get right through this.
    Larry
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast