Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was having a problem like this with XP, tried everything I could find with no results. Finally, I deleted the MyTether app, and it magically worked.
    ???
    A couple things you may need to consider.

1. try a different cable.

2. if you are plugging several things into one usb port through an unpowered usb hub, unplug everything but the pre. Any time you plug in the pre it will start re-charging the battery, even during usb drive mode, this will cause the unrecognisable device errors if you have several things plugged into a single usb port. If you must have a usb hub, get a powered usb hug that you plug into the wall.

3. similar to point 2, plug the pre into a port the opposite of the usb ports where you have devices plugged into. For example, if you have a bunch of things plugged into the back usb ports and have nothing plugged into the front, plug the pre in the front or vice versa. Alot of times computer makers will use the same physical hub on the motherboard for multiple usb jacks and you will get the same result as point 2.

4. try a different computer, if possible. it could be that either your power supply is failing, or your mother board is failing and cannot provide the adequate power needed. but if it's either of those, you are probably experiencing other issues with your computer and should get that computer diagnosed.

and if all else fails, you may need to go to sprint to have it evaluated, it could be that the port on the phone is not properly attached to the board of the phone.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I was having a problem like this with XP, tried everything I could find with no results. Finally, I deleted the MyTether app, and it magically worked.
    ???
    I could be wrong but what you may have been experiencing was that windows was trying to find drivers for novacom linux and/or the drivers to use the tether. If you were able tether on xp then i would say it was the novacom linux drivers xp was looking for which you can get from the webos doctor program, http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...x_From_Windows .
    Last edited by victorkruger; 09/14/2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Ok this is the solution, you need a new Palm Pre, if you can reload it with webos doctor or put it in usb hared mode. if it regonizes it problem and youve reloaded pc, and tried it on other pcs its not the computer your usb port on the phone is fried, meaning you cant put it in usb device mode in the phone itself, it sucks, unless you can flash it hard wise via wire flash which I know works with a hanheld wise could result in major damage your palm is a lost cause ps Ive used mant different data cables even new ones. you could go in manually and ste the palm as a generic mass storage device doubt it will work
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12