Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Do you know the sequence to restore?

I am letting my Profile restore. Once that is done I will use webOS Quick Install ver. 3.14
    to load Preware. Then I will download Pre Backup and Save/Restore and then do a
    restore from them. Is this correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Did you just a few minutes ago update filemgr or a maps program from
    Preware?
    Yes I updated FileMgr in Preware. I had updated BFGMaps in the App Catalog earlier as well.
    How long does the restore process take? It's been 'restoring' for 30 minutes now on a very solid 3G (EV icon in top bar) connection...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    How long does the restore process take? It's been 'restoring' for 30 minutes now on a very solid 3G (EV icon in top bar) connection...
    sometimes can take a little while depending on the apps you have loaded. When you see no more progress circles on the apps it's all done. Welcome to the unknown club.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    sometimes can take a little while depending on the apps you have loaded. When you see no more progress circles on the apps it's all done. Welcome to the unknown club.
    No, I wasn't talking about how long it takes after you get past the screen that says 'Restoring your data'. I was talking about how long it should sit at that screen... On that screen you can't access *anything* in the device... I couldn't make or receive calls, it would only let me make an emergency call or call customer service. It sat at that screen for over 8 hours before I finally called Customer Service, hung up, and then it finally rebooted into a state where I could launch apps and use the phone.

And then it started restoring my apps, but at least at this point the phone was 'usable' I could place and receive calls. What really irks me is that all of my 'data' is still on the phone, so there was no *need* to restore my apps. All my patches and things are installed, even though they aren't listed as such. I didn't lose any SMS messages or anything. So why did the OS believe that it needed to restore my apps?

This has been the most frustrating experience ever. Is there any way we can complain directly to Palm about this without going through Sprint customer service?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    No, I wasn't talking about how long it takes after you get past the screen that says 'Restoring your data'. I was talking about how long it should sit at that screen... On that screen you can't access *anything* in the device... I couldn't make or receive calls, it would only let me make an emergency call or call customer service. It sat at that screen for over 8 hours before I finally called Customer Service, hung up, and then it finally rebooted into a state where I could launch apps and use the phone.

And then it started restoring my apps, but at least at this point the phone was 'usable' I could place and receive calls. What really irks me is that all of my 'data' is still on the phone, so there was no *need* to restore my apps. All my patches and things are installed, even though they aren't listed as such. I didn't lose any SMS messages or anything. So why did the OS believe that it needed to restore my apps?

This has been the most frustrating experience ever. Is there any way we can complain directly to Palm about this without going through Sprint customer service?
    As I recall,that screen should ave been near instant (or very short.) Try to send a PM to HardBeatZ. Let him know as many details of the incident as you can including times. He is working on this very issue to get it resolved!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrad012x View Post
    I updated both and upon attempting a luna restart, my pre froze and rebooted requesting to sign into my profile. Annoying but I hope this helps anyone to solve the problem.
    this happened to me as well after updating FileMgr and BFGmaps. What a pain...
    just had this happen to me
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just had it happen to me after installing some updates in Preware. Would really rather not restore, but we'll see what happens.
    Had Wipe/restore happen to me after installing FileMgr via Preware. Forced a restart and had to setup phone again. Hoping I have not lost pictures and messages since last backup.
  11. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Just happened to me after updating FileMgr and wirc via preware. Really annoying. Anyone know whats causing this? ARG..... OMG all my homebrew is gone! fauk
    Last edited by R_E; 08/25/2010 at 10:33 PM.
    This just happened to me. So aggravating, it happened while I was at work. The restore went though 60% of my battery and ended up shutting down before restoring all my apps and had to restore phone at home.(Yeah I havve a lot of pay PDK games) They really need an option to retry logging into the Palm Profile and not give you only options that will essentially wipe our user data.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    This just happened to me. So aggravating, it happened while I was at work. The restore went though 60% of my battery and ended up shutting down before restoring all my apps and had to restore phone at home.(Yeah I havve a lot of pay PDK games) They really need an option to retry logging into the Palm Profile and not give you only options that will essentially wipe our user data.
    Agreed.. Wonder why just logging back in is not an option? Can a patch be created for that??
    ok this happened to me today...once i restarted my patches and theme were still active but they wouldnt show up in preware or quickinstall...i had to doctor to get everything working again
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Agreed.. Wonder why just logging back in is not an option? Can a patch be created for that??
    Personally I thought the "Restart" option in the popup that came up was to just do a soft reset and try logging back into the Palm Profile, not a hard reset. Was so annoyed when I saw that First Use App after it restarted. They need a better way to handle this process.
  16. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    ok this happened to me today...once i restarted my patches and theme were still active but they wouldnt show up in preware or quickinstall...i had to doctor to get everything working again
    Doctoring as well, gad dammit this is effin annoying
  17. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Happened to me yesterday as well. I do believe that I updated File Manager and BFG Maps at that time. There were about 7 or 8 updates that I had, I was going through them, and I think I was at the point where it asked to do either a Luna Restart or a Java Restart (I can't remember for sure which one) I said OK, it chugged for a bit then I got the 'Logged out of profile' bit, and had to do the whole first start thing again. I too still had most of my patches, and my theme still installed, but no homebrew apps. Unfortunately my Saved Package List in Preware was not totally current, so I had to go by memory for some stuff. I think I have everything back the way it was now.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Just happened to me too, also after updating FileMgr and trying to update BFG Maps. Could be just a coincidence that those two packages were involved. Sure sounds like something odd is going on with updates though.
    I feel the pain for everyone, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one dealing with this disaster. The "Restart Required" just happened to me....all my text messages are gone...3 months worth... all calender appts are gone, saved emails gone, all docs saved gone, all apps gone except a few...The weather channel app, Flashlight, Trapster, and a few more. I have no idea why it erased everything else. I have to reinstall Preware. My palm profile is basically garbage....in my mind it serves me no purpose. I hadnt looked into backup software...I just bought this phone a month ago, so I figured palm backup was easy and would do the job. Best advice I could give to anyone buying this phone: find a good backup software. I had tons of info disappear...info I actually needed for medical school. All gone. I still move forward...
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Just happened to me.

Now I have to [re]figure out how to load up Preware. Bastages!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast