Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if I'm the one who emailed you? Yesterday I at last received a reply to the email I to the address I found in Pandora (I just sent a reply to that email a minute ago, which was a gmail address that started with a J and ended with a zero). Small world, maybe?

Anyway, I think anyone who gets the "Restart Required" because "You are logged out of your Palm Profile" message should return the phone asap--there seems to be no way to fix this, short of exchanging the phone, and exchanging solves it completely. Personally, I'm pretty sure that the Pandora issues were symptoms of a deeper problem with the phone--multiple phones perhaps shared some sort of identification number or code that was supposed to be unique? Who knows? I just wish I hadn't spent so much time trying to figure out the problem!
    Wow! It is a small world. That was me. (and once again I'm late with a response)

My new pre has been absolutely perfect. I've been having a great time; I've rooted it and am learning the os and programming for it.

I definitely agree with your assessment of the problem.

clipcarl, has yours been ok?
    Long Live Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    Wow! It is a small world. That was me. (and once again I'm late with a response)
    Have you and hopfrog reported this mixup to Palm? Seems of utmost importance that this be documented and investigated.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Have you and hopfrog reported this mixup to Palm? Seems of utmost importance that this be documented and investigated.

ME
    Yep, over in the official palm forums.
    Long Live Palm
    BTW, LocoTreoGurl...love the avatar and your sig!
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    happened once to me. owner since day 1
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i had this phone for 3 days and it already happened twice... any fix for this?

EDIT: do you guys think it has something to do with the email provider used when making a palm profile? i am using gmail
    Last edited by Jumpman6235; 09/02/2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman6235 View Post
    i had this phone for 3 days and it already happened twice... any fix for this?

EDIT: do you guys think it has something to do with the email provider used when making a palm profile? i am using gmail
    If you are having the hard reset issues, try first setting up a completely new and different Palm Profile and observe. Shouldn't have anything to do with Gmail (which is what I use, as do many others). If the problem persists, I would immediately exchange it for a new one. As nice as the Pre is, there always a chance with any electronics that you get a flaky one. And while you may see a number of issues posted around here, keep in mind that it is a very small percentage of the actual devices sold and on target with similar type of devices.

BTW, welcome to P|C, Jumpman6235! Keep us posted...

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Just to let everyone know on 9/29/09 I received this error. I have been working fine since day one 6/6/09. For some reason my phone decided to have issues over night. I'm still on WebOS version 1.1 I haven't upgraded to 1.2 yet.

When I woke up I saw this screen and I have tried everything to fix it and the only that is going to fix it is getting a new phone from the Sprint store. I have hit the reset button about 10 times and I also have hit the erase all data button about 10 times. That didn't work.

Just as an observation I was able to hit ## which brought me to the phone interface and from there I could type in a user name and find all of my contact on the phone even though I did the erase all data option many times.

##rtn# doesn't work in my situation

Then I went to my local sprint store and they didn't know anything about it but they were able to do a ##786# and that was suppose to be a more drastic hard erase but no luck still. I could still see all of my contacts and still had the palm profile error after booting up.

At this point my only option is to get a new phone and hope it doesn't happen with this one.

This is an ultimate fail on Palm's behalf, seeing that it has been 3 months and they are still having this problem with users. If you ask me I still think the Palm OS was much more robust and they have a long long way to go to compare to the quality of the backup that was done using the hot sync software, which backed everything on the phone including, messaging, phone log, phone preferences, memo's.

The nightly backup doesn't even come close to the previous version. I am not pleased to step down on this feature in the new WebOS.

let me know what you all think about this.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whoamib View Post
    just to let everyone know on 9/29/09 i received this error. I have been working fine since day one 6/6/09. For some reason my phone decided to have issues over night. I'm still on webos version 1.1 i haven't upgraded to 1.2 yet.

When i woke up i saw this screen and i have tried everything to fix it and the only that is going to fix it is getting a new phone from the sprint store. I have hit the reset button about 10 times and i also have hit the erase all data button about 10 times. That didn't work.

Just as an observation i was able to hit ## which brought me to the phone interface and from there i could type in a user name and find all of my contact on the phone even though i did the erase all data option many times.

##rtn# doesn't work in my situation

then i went to my local sprint store and they didn't know anything about it but they were able to do a ##786# and that was suppose to be a more drastic hard erase but no luck still. I could still see all of my contacts and still had the palm profile error after booting up.

At this point my only option is to get a new phone and hope it doesn't happen with this one.

This is an ultimate fail on palm's behalf, seeing that it has been 3 months and they are still having this problem with users. If you ask me i still think the palm os was much more robust and they have a long long way to go to compare to the quality of the backup that was done using the hot sync software, which backed everything on the phone including, messaging, phone log, phone preferences, memo's.

The nightly backup doesn't even come close to the previous version. I am not pleased to step down on this feature in the new webos.

Let me know what you all think about this.
    happened to me this morning also and im so ****ed right now cuz all my contacts, favorites, apps and settings are gone. The only thing i have left is my pictures/videos and music. Talked to sprint they can't do anything. Talking to palm online right now.
    This is bull****!!!
    First, welcome to P|C, whoamib!

Quote Originally Posted by whoamib View Post
    Just to let everyone know on 9/29/09 I received this error. I have been working fine since day one 6/6/09. For some reason my phone decided to have issues over night. I'm still on WebOS version 1.1 I haven't upgraded to 1.2 yet.

When I woke up I saw this screen and I have tried everything to fix it and the only that is going to fix it is getting a new phone from the Sprint store...

let me know what you all think about this.
    "This error"..."issues"..."this screen"?

I'm having a difficult time understanding what exactly is happening with your Pre. Can you explain or post pics?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    There was a thread someone else started that had a single message and a link to this other forum.

forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=webossoftware&message.id=9563&jump=true#M9563

However, this will allow you to sign into your profile, it will still attempt to download and sync all of your data, but at least I'm not signed OUT anymore
    I spent hours on the problem as well, and eventually fixed it a different way, though I cannot explain exactly why my way worked just as well as some of the others mentioned.

First I must note that the only reason I was able to do the fix is because I had already installed dropbear (ssh server) and was able to get into the phone that way. My phone would not let me in via usb and the restart was ineffective. Unlike others, I was extremely stubborn and refused to do the erase all data until I was sure I had a copy of everything I wanted... but I digress.

I did two things and can only say for certain that it worked after doing the second. It's possible the first step was not needed.

1) I used sqlite3 to edit /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmAccountDatabase.db3 and edited the row with my profile information in it in the com_palm_accountservices_data_AccountToken table. More specifically, I updated the row and changed the state from 'Invalid' to 'B' (which is what was in that row/column on a working pre).

2) I touched /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use so it would know it did not need me to sign in again

Rebooting after doing those two things fixed it.

If anyone wants more details/instructions, let me know.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I was relay scared when isow that "You are no longer signed in to your Palm Profile on this phone."

and restart didn't help. So i folowed you instrukcions ant it worked fine

Big thanks

BTW: my Palm Pre GSM (O2 German - QWERTZ keyboard) was running 1.3.1, when I tried to update some appls in the Update app, and it requested for restart.

Kudos frisbee_dude
    Last edited by pman_lt; 12/02/2009 at 08:20 AM.
    Glad to hear this thread was helpful, pan_It. Best wishes with your Pre and welcome to Pre|Central!
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Well...this just happened to my phone yesterday. Following frisbee_dude's instructions above, I was able to get it to power back on with my Palm Profile. Unfortunately, you still lose all of your installed programs (I had a ton). Really annoyed that this happened...and I have no idea how to prevent it in the future. Since I've lost all my programs anyways...guess its time to run the doctor and start fresh.

Here are the commands I ran to do the two steps outlined in frisbee_dude's instructions in case anyone needs them:

You must be root to do these actions. I also changed my filesystem to read/write before doing them.

1a) sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmAccountDatabase.db3
    1b) select * from update com_palm_accountservices_data_AccountToken
    This will show you the line in the table you are going to edit. You will need the email address at the start of the line for the next command.
    1b) update com_palm_accountservices_data_AccountToken SET state = 'B' WHERE alias = '<Palm Profile Email Address>';
    Replace <Palm Profile Email Address> with the email address you see from the previous command.

2) touch /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Is there STILL no solution to this problem?? I've been logged out of my palm profile 3-4 times recently and even with a replaced device!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Looks like it's something with the app catalog. I've logged in to the palm profile, let it reload all the apps, reload all my email, and then I use WOSQI to install preware and Save/Restore. I restore the preware stuff, add some custom feeds, then I ran the repair utility to clear off any patches..etc.. with override compatibility. When the phone reboots, I went back to preware and tried to update a palm catalog program, but then it started loading the app catalog and popped up with the screen telling me reboot required because I'd been signed out of my palm profile!!
    This just happened to me as well. Has anyone found a solution that *doesn't* erase apps/patches/SMS messages/ etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    This just happened to me as well. Has anyone found a solution that *doesn't* erase apps/patches/SMS messages/ etc?
    Did you just a few minutes ago update filemgr or a maps program from
    Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Did you just a few minutes ago update filemgr or a maps program from
    Preware?
    I updated both and upon attempting a luna restart, my pre froze and rebooted requesting to sign into my profile. Annoying but I hope this helps anyone to solve the problem.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast