Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    my pandora account is the same account i originally signed up the palm profile with...

Glad you at least figured your fiancee's issue out!!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yeah, me too.

I'm still a bit weirded out by the fact that it was even possible for two accounts to "cross-over" that way, but hopefully Palm will clean up these issues soon.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Well my previous stuff i did today had no effect. I have now changed my palm profile address, and changed to a new pandora account....
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I just re-installed Pandora, and checked my Pandora user ID, and it was indeed *someone else's* Gmail address in there. I sent an email to this address--It'll be interesting to see if I get a message back from another user who's also been having reset issues.

So, thanks, static, for providing the link to the Palm forum.

p.s. Andries, I'd try checking your Pandora ID a few more times, including after it resets again. If you're having a conflict with another user, your ID's should be alternating in Pandora--yours some of the time, and theirs some of the time. (On the other hand, Pandora presumably isn't the cause of this problem, but just something that might help to reveal what is going on. If you are sharing a Palm profile with someone who hasn't installed Pandora, then you won't see anything unusual in that app).
    Last edited by hopfrog; 06/11/2009 at 10:44 PM.
    Same problems for me, though both times it's happened have been when I've tried running a backup.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    hopfrog - i created a new pandora id with a brand new email account through gmail. I'm sure no one else has it...the restart happened last night, and i can almost get it to do the restart required when going to the app store. maybe because i keep going in an out of it.

Today i get to call around and find an exchange...hooray
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm on the list at my sprint store to get a replacement -hooray
    Well, I went to a Sprint store. They said I'd have to wait until at least Monday to get a replacement. In the mean time, I'm trying another factory reset and looking around for other possible solutions...
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Just got my replacement. Seems like a nice, newer, unit (though the slider seems a little looser). Hopefully the reset problems will now be a thing of the past!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I recieved my replacement as well. I hope you get yours soon Andidendel.

hop:

This seems like the same - nice, newer,...this phones make date was 5/31 - my pevious one was early May.
    So here's the latest update...since there were no Pres in stock at any Best Buy within a two-hour radius of me, I decided to call Palm in hopes of some resolution--either a technical fix or a new device directly from them. Unfortunately, a new reality of the smartphone era is that you have to deal with the mobile carrier for replacements rather than Palm itself, as in days gone by. So I eventually spoke to a Level 2 support rep and he recommended that I create a new Palm profile to see if somehow that was corrupt, since every restart was prompted by a message about no longer being signed into my Palm profile (see my earlier post above). He also recommended NOT signing into Google or any other service for a while so I could observe the device and watch for more resets. Since my only options now are to wait for BB to receive a new shipment (I'm atop the list at three stores), live with the resets, or simply return my Pre, I took the tech's advice.

In the meantime, I came across this thread (forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=Synergy&thread.id=1103; sorry again for no direct link--forum rules ) on the Palm.com forum which seemed to support the theory of one's Palm profile becoming corrupt or somehow whacked out. If nothing else, that thread along with this one reveals that there are a handful of people with this "You are no longer signed into your Palm Profile" restart issue.

So, I have now made it 25 hours with no restarts. As suggested, I have not logged into any of my Google apps, but I have been making calls, sending texts, taking pics, and tweaking a few settings with no issues. I lasted 30 hours before a restart after my previous attempt at a full erase, although that time I signed back into my original Pam Profile. Thus, I am holding my breath right now. I think if I make it to 36 hours (or I may wait a full 48--depends on my nerve at the moment!), I will log into my Google apps and pray for continued success.

Can anyone else give an update? Perhaps creating a new profile yourself MAY be the correct solution for you?

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    im having that same problem...
    the amount of time between restarts is gettin longer which i guess is good...
    it said i must restart maybe 10x between sat/wed.. but wed-fri it happend 3 times...
    also it happens at random time.. last nite it happened during nite while in touchstone so when i wake up i have to restart.... which sux because i had a missed call/missed text but couldnt find out from who because i had to restart =(
    Well, here I am 60 hours after creating a new Palm Profile...and NO RESTARTS due to no longer being logged into my (original) Palm Profile (nor for any other reasons either)!!

I waited about 51 hours before logging into my Google account for calendar, email, and contacts, although I had been making calls, sending texts, snapping pics and using the alarm clock. Just pretty much tried to keep it "stock" for a couple days. I'm happy to report no issues during this time.

I have now: fully loaded my Google Calendar and Contacts, along with my Facebook contacts; checked/linked/tweaked over 1,100 combined contacts; reconfigured my Launcher and quick launch icons; logged into Gmail and download messages; snapped a couple pics; and sent/received texts throughout this process. So far, so good! Only major task left is to download and use some apps and get my tasks/notes apps in use again. When I wake up Monday and all is still well, I'll really breath a sign of relief...and call Palm Support with an update!

My experience, along with other aforementioned posts elsewhere, has led me to the conclusion that something was, in fact, awry with my original Palm Profile. Who knows what, but creating a new profile seems to have solved my repeated (fatal) restart problem (daily since I got my device, sometimes multiple times). This also leads me to conclude that my device is fully functional and has no defects.

There is still a minor issue with my calendar, in that when I have all calendars showing and go to the day view, scrolling backwards a day from TODAY seems to cause the calendar to hang (i.e., it dims momentarily as the data loads--which seems to be the "norm" on the Pre--but it never brightens back up and thus freezes in that condition). The weird thing is, I can still select other individual calendars as well as switch to the week or month views. This behavior does NOT happen when viewing only a single calendar. Go figure.

Hope this helps someone. Although I've had my issues, I still love my Pre and, IMHO, think Palm has hit a home run. Sure, there are improvements needed, but I am confident they will come.

Go Palm!!
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Dang it! Dang it! Dang it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    My restarts have often been triggered by the Backup app. Since your Pre was fine until you loaded data that needed to be backed up, I suspect that your Pre crashed when it was trying to back up the data overnight. This also makes sense to me because the message is "You are no longer signed in to your Palm Profile," and the apps that work with the profile the most (Backup and App Catalog) are the most common triggers (for me at least). I wonder if turning off automatic backups will give you longer times between restarts.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Dang it! Dang it! Dang it!
    And I was so hopeful - i think it does have to do with the backup or something in someway...but then again - with a completely new phone and new profile- since Friday mid-day I have not had 1 crash - I'm sorry after all that work it just went right down the tubes.
    Well, I got my replacement phone late Friday and restored my palm profile data. It's now Monday morning and thus far, no resets. Keeping my fingers crossed.....
    JustinZ, the Backup issue you suggested does seem plausible. However, only one of my resets seemed to happen overnight; all the others were at random times throughout the day. Does the auto backup only run overnight? This possibility does intrigue me. But would it be a backup issue with a particular profile or with the device? Or possibly with my Google accounts? Anyone have additional thoughts or possible ways to explore this further?

Andreis and andidendel, do I understand correctly that you both have NEW Pres and NEW profiles? Do you think both the devices and your profiles were the issue, or just simply the devices? Also curious if you received yours from a Sprint Store or elsewhere? I got mine at Best Buy and there are none in stock ANYWHERE within two hours any direction of me. That's partly was has me getting my teeth. The stores have offered to replace it and put me atop their waiting lists, but until they get any that does me no good.

BTW, thanks for your condolences, Andreis. Maybe this is just my time to finally get a lemon after never having any real issues with all the new devices through the years.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    BTW, might a ##rtn# reset or use of the MSL do anything for me?
    Mark A. Einersen
    I have a new Pre from a Sprint store, but am using the same Palm profile. I considered creating a new one, but I decided to try the existing one first. Given that it hasn't reset yet, it seems to be tied to the device. Something to note is that the first Pre I received didn't have the 1.0.2 software update already installed. Don't know if or how that affects anything, but maybe earlier models had an issue.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast