Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Place a folded piece of electrical tape at top of battery right under the tab to pull out battery. This will wedge the battery in more firmly. Mine has not crashed since.. I have talked to Palm about this prob, hope they come out with a fix.
    Guarantee it's something with a connection loss with the battery.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

Check out the official Palm blog.
    FTW!!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    This old thread should die since all the latest discussion is in THIS thread.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    How do you call maid service around here???
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

Check out the official Palm blog.
    Bought two pre's. My wife's pre started to turn off when she closed the slider - mine was fine. So I swapped the batteries and now hers is fine, but mine turns off when I close the slider! We both have touchstones, so what's the problem. Going to the sprint store tomorrow to get a new battery.
    I'm having the issue too. No touchstone. I'm stuck on a waiting list.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was having the same issue as many of you, although I didn't do the MacGyver tape trick I was able to remedy my situation by simply removing the battery and putting it back in. For mine, I found that the shutoff was caused when I closed the slider fast, and it was prolly messing with the battery conection. Needless to say after some google research others are doing this do fix the issue; I haven't had a problem since.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    This old thread should die since all the latest discussion is in THIS thread.
    I would agree except that people seem to be generally ignoring the Hardware/Use/Trouble Shooting forum... I posted a possible "fix" (at least temporary) for this problem there last night and asked for input, but it has gone ignored so far. If anyone is still having this problem, what do you think about this post:
    Closing slider crashes phone (fix?)
    ?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    MY THOUGHTS ARE WHY DO WE NEED TO DO A HOMEBREW FIX ON A PHONE LISTED at 400 TO 500 dollars. mine just started doing this last night.. I dont even flip it using the center button i hold it with two hands and gently slide it open and closed.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    well i know one problem people have been having is closing or opening the slider too fast...the battery becomes unseated and the device turns off maybe its not that simple but i have touchstone and i have virtual keyboard but even before i did i havent expirenced this unless i close the slider too hard
    When I first got my Pre, I had the same problem; frequent crashes when closing the slider. I snooped around on the internet and found an article claiming that this was caused by the battery becoming dislodged enough to trigger a reset when the slider is closed.

The fix is quite simply inserting a folded bit of paper on top of the battery to make it a little more snug.
    Does anyone have a solution for this. It's starting to be a pain in the ***. The iPhone call is getting louder for me everyday.
    SoCal65 your fix has worked on several phones that I know of that had this same issue, including my own.

And I've been told from another friend saying that he fixed a couple of other peoples Pre's with the same solution, he worked it out on his own like yourself though.

So I'd say it's a pretty solid fix.

THANKS
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I was having this issue and they replaced it at sprint for me
    My 1st pre had this issue and i didn't have a touchstone. i spoke with a rep at Palm and they told me it was a hardware issue and not a battery issue in other thread's i have read about this problem people said to take it to sprint and they will replace the battery so idk i just replaced my phone and this new one hasn't had any issues so far.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12