Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Picked up my pre this morning.. 3rd in line at a small store and was out in about an hour..

one thing I noticed is that prying off the micro usb cover was not easy at all.. I felt like at any moment the tiny plastic wire would snap right off.

I guess it will get easier to pull on off with some repetition.. I hope.
    \ would hate to have to think about repairing the gizmo.

<< Edited - Solution Tip Found Here:

HowTo: Opening the USB door (the easy way)
    >>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/06/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    My old Samsung A940 had a flimsy plastic charger port cover that I perpetually believed was about to snap off. Surprisingly, it never did.
    I have a similar USB rubber cover on a 4 yo dumbphone...no problems at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    My old Samsung A940 had a flimsy plastic charger port cover that I perpetually believed was about to snap off. Surprisingly, it never did.
    All A900, A920 and A940 had those. Remember A900's cover falling off or breaking all the time? Mine actually broke and my lil bro went into CompUSA a looong time ago and jacked me a replacement. Good as new

But OP is correct, it will get better over time as the cover will get broken in.
    Yeah so far only problem is the cover... Pretty annoying, I didn't want to break it, but I eventually got it off. Maybe this is Palm's plan to make us buy the Touchstone??
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    I wasnt even thinking about buying the touchstone til I tried to get this damn thing off! They are prob already sold out by now, only had 7 touchstones this morning to go with 47 pres
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    slide open the phone and the usb cover will come off much easier
    i thought the same thing...am i gonna break the damn thing?!? WTF!!! then i realized that may have been the plan all along to sell touchstones. got the insurance so no worries yet.
    I liked the A920 cover because you could pull it out far enough not to jar the connection at all. I still have my A920 in a drawer and the cover is still intact. This cover on the Pre doesn't go far enough to not be wedged between the Pre and microUSB plug.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    agree'd .. the only few gripes I have about the touchstone..

1) the cover is hard as hell to get off.. hopefully webos won't require reboots (battery out)
    2) there was no usb cable.. seriously.. for $70 I would think you could bundle that

I'd end up ripping off the usb cover if I had to use it as the only way to charge the phone.
    The cover is going to come off over time. I can't get mine flush with the body after opening it the first time.
    Jimmie Geddes
    i was afraid to open it and still haven't! and ive had the phone since 9am!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    hmm.. mine is now starting to hiss / weeze (high pitch sound) at me while on the charger.. this sucker better not explode!
    I almost ripped mine off the first time. Anyone get it clean off? haha!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    lol...I was being careful when opening mine. It felt like it was gonna break off.
    I'm really glad I got the Touchstone, though I wish the USB door felt a bit sturdier, since we'll be doing all those data transfers (in my case, mp3s & videos).
    It was tough to get off! I didn't want to pull too hard. Then I stopped acting like an ***** and just forced the damn thing off. It did not come clean off, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    lol...I was being careful when opening mine. It felt like it was gonna break off.
    Funny, I felt like ripping mine off. I hate that thing, but it really does make the phone look clean. Thank God for Touchstone and Wifi!!
    It is kinda hairy getting that little door off I'm gonna have to get the touchstone just so I don't have to do let everyday. But like taharka said it does look super clean
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Its done on purpose to make you buy a touchstone! lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast