Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    haha, good marketing strategy.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    haha very true. I HATE the damn thing.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Lol, yeah I nearly did as well. It took me a second to realize it twists around instead of flipping up!
    as i was fumbling to get the thing off, which was not going well, the rep said it gets easier as you open it several times.

i was done looking like a fool so i just took my pocket knife and poped it right off.

im not worried about the clean look, well now i do but ill get over it in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    as i was fumbling to get the thing off, which was not going well, the rep said it gets easier as you open it several times.

i was done looking like a fool so i just took my pocket knife and poped it right off.
    im not worried about the clean look, well now i do but ill get over it in a few days.
    A knife and a brand new Pre, sounds like a bad nightmare!
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I too was afraid I was going to break the frail door.
    Yes, this was my first frustration, opening the stupid charger door slot! I guess I'll have to buy the silly wireless charger now.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I'm really glad I got the Touchstone, though I wish the USB door felt a bit sturdier, since we'll be doing all those data transfers (in my case, mp3s & videos).

Is the touchstone the wireless charging dealie?

I noticed it didn't come with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    Is the touchstone the wireless charging dealie?

I noticed it didn't come with that.
    Yes. It is $70.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Yeah, I miss the rubber door for the charging port on my Katana. Still offered the same potential for clean look, but feels less destructible.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    If you just got your Pre and are trying to figure out a way to open the USB door without breaking it or your new Pre, here's a useful tip: Slide open the keyboard. The door is on the top-half of the Pre and when you slide open the bottom-half, it leaves the opening to the door exposed. In other words, it allows you to open the door from the inside. :-)
    yeah, i finally got mine open this way.

I was just about to go get a paper clip to jam in there and pry it open, though! j/k
    I see pandas.
    You are damn right about that fella.
    Well actually THIS is the real way to remove it:

Get some sleep Eguy.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Get some sleep Eguy.
    Thanks, I will tonight.

Excellent tip! Thanks.
    Ok the chainsaw tip worked but it scratched my screen pretty bad, can't they make the screens more durable?
    Yeah, I figured that one out by reading the copy of the owner's guide that was leaked last week.
    It's much better now and you don't have to worry about the door getting caught with the end thingie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bp6088 View Post
    If you just got your Pre and are trying to figure out a way to open the USB door without breaking it or your new Pre, here's a useful tip: Slide open the keyboard. The door is on the top-half of the Pre and when you slide open the bottom-half, it leaves the opening to the door exposed. In other words, it allows you to open the door from the inside. :-)
    I came here to say the same thing. The guy at the Sprint store showed me. This aught to be one of the first things they show people.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast