Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Perhaps you could create a blank text message with all of your recipients addressed and save it as a draft or template. This is possible on the Centro. Hopefully that this will be possible on the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $It$ $seems$ $reasonable$, $no$?

Might be a decent work around, hopefully they actually fix the underlying issue but that might work for the interim. Good thought.
    I really hope all these little drawbacks are addressed by Palm in a timely fashion. I have the iPhone 3G, and Apple's cycle of adding new features is atrociously slow.
    Group texting is a HUGE time saver for me with my BlackBerry. If I'm working on a project and need to get the team up to speed, call a meeting, or just send out an update, one text to the pre-defined group is a wonderful convenience.

It's the build up of these lacking features that means my launch-day Pre is going to go to someone else. That's one more Pre available to someone on day 1. I'm waiting to see what's addressed and when.
    check out textPlus. its for the iPhone and iTouch... FREE unlimited group texting... ;-)

not for the Pre... but its the best app out right now...
    Any update on this issue now that the phone is out? I was playing with a Pre yesterday and I couldn't figure it out.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I won't believe for a minute that the people at Palm didn't already know there would be users who would need to send group SMS! I say hold on a minute 'til the cries get loud and quatifiable before there is a fix.
    any more news on this.. group texting would be awesome.. any of the developers out there have a tweak on this?
    tried to type in the numbers and then copy and paste them in ... only brought in the first contact.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i just tested this and i just selected three contacts and hit send, it sent the three messages and broke them out in my conversations view so it "looks" like i sent three separate texts, but it was just one.
    (i don't think I installed any patches for this)
    Can you select just one group for several text messages, tho?

The idea is that if you're an organizer for a group, a group text wouldn't require you to pick everybody in the group individually for each meeting.
    Just found an app just for this- TXT Group... so far so good... and FREE
    yes this app works great but you need to make sure you don't have multible numbers for your contacts checked off or it won't send the text out , it will hang up.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by aepreyer View Post
    Just found an app just for this- TXT Group... so far so good... and FREE
    also when you have more than 1 page to send you have to hit the send button a second time in order to complete the send off
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes this app works great but you need to make sure you don't have multible numbers for your contacts checked off or it won't send the text out , it will hang up.
    I just discovered that (multiple numbers) and probably this was the issue I'm having. Thanks.
    i prepped the text group app ready to send an important sms. This worked fine but the phone refused to send more than 20. Also the messaging app gets really awkward as you add contacts.

interstingly i hit a limit of 20 on a nokia 6500. Very surprised by that as nokias normally have this sort of thing sewn up.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    i prepped the text group app ready to send an important sms. This worked fine but the phone refused to send more than 20. Also the messaging app gets really awkward as you add contacts.

interstingly i hit a limit of 20 on a nokia 6500. Very surprised by that as nokias normally have this sort of thing sewn up.
    There's a patch in Preware to enable unlimited recipients.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12