1.    #1  
    I managed to clear my launcher, as you can see in the picture. However, the STATUS BAR still grayed out and I can not change. Who can give me some advice to change or delete this file. Thank you.
    I'm going to guess it's /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/statusBar/status-bar-background.png. I can't seem to view it properly with Internalz, so I can't verify.
  3.    #3  
    Hey! Why did not I think to look there? Thank you very much, friend!
  4.    #4  
    And yet, when I deleted the file, all I got is a black StatusBar
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    And yet, when I deleted the file, all I got is a black StatusBar
    Sounds like you need a transparent PNG... PNGs are RGBA, which means that besides the regular red-green-blue channels, there's alpha (transparency)...

So if you create a transparent or semi-transparent file in the same size and name as the original, that should do the trick.
  6.    #6  
    I tried that, my friend, but the StatusBar remains gray. Something I'm making your skins bad, surely. I will keep trying. Thank you.
    If you see that, i guess it means there's a black background under the transparent PNG. So the background needs to be set to transparent from being #000000 (black), but i don't know where that is. I will look into that.

Under Windows XP i've had to add data to the theme stylesheet to enable transparency, and this looks to be the same case here. If i'll find the config file, i'll post it here.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you. I'll keep trying. 'll Let you know of any positive results.
    Oh look here: [Touchpad] Glass Effect Suite

See the last picture in the 1st post, which has all the elements including the settings bar set to transparent.

I don't know what kind of trick is used (maybe the wallpaper is used to skin the settings bar), but it definitely looks like what you are trying to achieve ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Oh look here: [Touchpad] Glass Effect Suite

See the last picture in the 1st post, which has all the elements including the settings bar set to transparent.

I don't know what kind of trick is used (maybe the wallpaper is used to skin the settings bar), but it definitely looks like what you are trying to achieve ..
    it is status-bar-background.png and likely status-bar-menu-dropdown-tab.png just made transparent, as easy as load image, drag transparancy slider on gimp/whatever to 75% or whatever, click save.

if you delete the images they all just turn solid black which is no use to you, so you need a black or dark dark dark grey made transparent.

job done.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    it is status-bar-background.png and likely status-bar-menu-dropdown-tab.png just made transparent, as easy as load image, drag transparancy slider on gimp/whatever to 75% or whatever, click save.

if you delete the images they all just turn solid black which is no use to you, so you need a black or dark dark dark grey made transparent.

job done.
    Yeah, i was just trying to help the guy without having to mess around with my own Touchpad. I told him about PNG transparency and he said it wasn't working for him, so i assumed that any transparent PNG is combined with a colored background. It you say it isn't so, then perhaps he did something a little wrong when loading the transparent graphic.

In any case, the theme here gets the job done, so it counts as a solution.

P.S. On my HP Mini (running XP) i have the taskbar set to autohide, which caused an annoying drag bar to appear on its top edge. I was able to get it out of the way by replacing it with a fuchsia colored sprite ("magic pink" for binary transparency in bitmaps), but it only worked after i added another property to the theme's embedded .ini to enable transparency in that particular element.

So my experience with Windows made me think that the "still grey" comment meant that the OP used a 50% transparent white image over the built-in black and it didn't come out as transparent.

Oh well. I think the problem is solved now