• 1 Post By checkmate
  • 1 Post By checkmate
  • 2 Post By chav1to
  • 1 Post By chav1to
  • 4 Post By Isandunk
  • 1 Post By chav1to
  1.    #1  
    I was at a loose end tonight so I decided to create a few icons:

• I love the SNES 9X EX app for near-perfect SNES emulation, but the app icon is low-res and also shows the US controller button style (horrid violet colours). So I designed a hi-res UK/Jap style icon instead (see attached)
    • The free currency convertor I downloaded had a garish icon so I made this clean, simple one (see attached).

Just rename the normal app icon (usually icon.png) to something else and use that name for the downloaded file instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Pilotovef, DocJones and Rnp like this.
  2.    #2  
    I've made another icon, to replace the low-res one for the LED Torch app (by Jason Robitaille).
    I've also edited the Currency Converter one a little to make it slightly smaller and add a drop shadow.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Rnp likes this.
    Well, that's nice ! Thanks, even though I do not own a pre3 yet.

I was wondering where do you find apps icons? I want to contribute for touchpad.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    In /media/cryptofs/palm/apps/usr/palm or something along those lines (am too lazy to fire up Internalz Pro lol) there are folders for each app. Each app folder contains an icon.
    Rnp likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    In /media/cryptofs/palm/apps/usr/palm or something along those lines (am too lazy to fire up Internalz Pro lol) there are folders for each app. Each app folder contains an icon.
    Nearly right there Vistaus - the correct folder to look in is /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications then you'll find a list of all the 3rd party apps' folders. In each folder you will generally find a file called icon.png and this is the one you can replace with your own high-res version. Sometimes the icon is in an 'images' folder - you just need to explore.

Hopefully more icons from me in the near future.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Rnp likes this.
    Well, thanks. I'll dig into that and certainly post some hires for touchpad's apps if there are any demands.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  7.    #7  
    My latest icon - for Keyring. Looks great in the zoomed-up view when you're entering your master password!
    I tried to replicate the transparent white circle on most of the stock Palm apps.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Rnp likes this.
    Here are my 5 cents... I don't like to have blurry icons in the gorgeous screen of my pre 3 (at least I think it looks great and its size vs resolution ratio is ok)...

So I starter to create some icons and plan to replace all the low res ones... at least the ones I use...

the first 2 I have ready are for "secustore" and "track my weight"... As you can see I'm trying to rebuild the icons so they look as close as possible to the original icon...

hope somebody else founds them usable...

I will be posting the icons as I have them ready...
    Last edited by chav1to; 03/10/2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Secustore app icon re-uploaded
    Rnp and renater like this.
    Now neato! from Zhephree...

neato.png
    Rnp likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Here are a couple more I've created for BillMyTime (awesome app) and HoshiDict (finally an offline dictionary!)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Here's the icon for the app demConverter from deus ex machina...
    some fan of TOPGUN movie?... I think a theme from TOP GUN would be nice!!.....
    If any of you are interested, I have recreated the standard 'orb' and 'glass plate' backgrounds for launcher icons and settings icons respectively for webOS-Ports: Graphics Work - WebOS-Ports - which may be of use if you are recreating any more icons. These are just flat bitmap files - I will upload vector files at somepoint (about to move house in a week so not a lot of time!)
    Thanks Isandunk... will use them for sure...

Now I'm uploading 3 weather apps... AccuWeather, The Weather Channel, and AniWeather...

Hope anybody finds them useful...
    Last edited by chav1to; 02/27/2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: an icon was not showing...
    Now a new icon for the package tracker app... This time I made the icon a bit different than the original app's icon...

Also, from this contribution forward I will post all the icons on a resolution of 256 by 256px to standardize it and match checkmate's and webOS ports' icons size...

enjoy...
    Last edited by chav1to; 02/25/2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Erasing an attachment...
    Here's the icon for the great app ClassicNote...

I tried to do it as similar as possible to the original one, and frankly I prefer the original one but it's a shame it looks blurry on our Pre 3...
    checkmate likes this.
    Today I bring you the netstat app icon... great app if you have limited data...
    Here's an icon for the ladies, for the pink pad app...
    Last edited by chav1to; 03/09/2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: grammar correction
    Here are now the icons for temperature convert, units, convert and unit converter apps...
    Love the Netstat ico. You even got the RJ45 wiring correct

Where can I find icons of the various phones and the TP?