Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #1  
    TIP:
    Some tips on installing directly with your TouchPad

Do not click the .zip file, Email Attachment to yourself
    Open Email, and Press & Hold Attachment until popup prompts to Save Attachment
    (This saves the zip to your downloads folder)
    Open Theme Manager, top-left menu/Theme Library/Install New Themes
    (select the themes that you have downloaded, one by one)
    When you find one you want installed, Select This Theme in the right panel.
    Apply Current Theme in the left panel
    Luna Restart when prompted

I had too much spare time.....apparently...on my hands and started messing around with GIMP and some files. Not much of an artist, I won't lie, and haven't really used GIMP all that much, so my first one TheRedKeys, took me a little bit to figure things out, but after finishing the second one, moving along a lot faster. It took me the better part of this morning to get them packaged up, with Jason Robitaille's Theme Builder, for Sconix's Theme Manager.

I've only tested them with webOS 3.0.5, and they work. Feel free to try with older versions, however, I don't know if they are in the same file locations.

These .zip files should be placed in the media/internal/downloads folder, so you can either download them directly from your TouchPad here, and that's where they will go, or download them to your PC, connect your TouchPad via USB, and enter USB Mode. When the window pops open, you are already inside media/internal, navigate to downloads, and place the .zip file there.

Open up Theme Manager, (Alpha/Beta Feeds of Preware....for more information on how to enable those, go to Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals), Top-left menu/Theme Library/Install New Themes.

So enjoy, now that I half-know what I'm doing, I should be able to get some more of these out a little quicker.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6vfd7jrcago7i0/ORBKeys.zip DropBox link for ORBKeys
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/20/2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: added another (few);
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Very nice.
    A 'blue-glow' style would be sooper!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, pink's up......requested already....blue glow on deck
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Awesome work! Would be great to get a bunch keyboard color schemes that match the color schemes of the Glass Effect Suite theme packages.
  5.    #5  
    Will do, was thinking about that already....just had to get a feel for how things worked.
    is it possible to have the keyboard keys appear more transparant than normal including not having (or fully transparant) the keyboards background image at all?

and more importantly would that look dumb/weird, i like the default keybaord but its still nice to see more of whats underneath without compromising the keyboards operation.

awesome idea btw, keep at it.
    Where are these images at?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is it possible to have the keyboard keys appear more transparant than normal including not having (or fully transparant) the keyboards background image at all?

and more importantly would that look dumb/weird, i like the default keybaord but its still nice to see more of whats underneath without compromising the keyboards operation.

awesome idea btw, keep at it.
    I would think I could....I'll experiment later and see what I can come up with. As for the background, I think if we just left that file out of the folder, it simply wouldn't be there and then you'd be able to see underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Where are these images at?
    If you mean where are they located on your TouchPad, they are in usr/palm/sysmgr/images/keyboard-tablet/
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Wow! Outstanding achievement. +1 for the suggestion of a slightly more transparent KB.

In your add'l free time, could you also create dark(ish) themes whereby the keys are dark and the characters are white or gray please? I'd also pay for these.

Perhaps these can be compatible with Theme Manager one day.

Keep up the great work!
  10.    #10  
    I have installed theredkeys & thepark via Theme Manager, but didn't have the chance to try the other ones, to make sure they work. As for lighter characters and dark keys, that was what I wanted to do originally, like a Razer backlit keyboard. I don't know if it's possible to change the colors of the letters, but maybe this will spark some interest into looking into it.
    As far as I know:
    - The background can't be transparent.
    - You can't change the key text colors.

Really limits the cool things we could do with the keyboard...

-- Sent via mobile
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Ah, I see. Thank you anyway gents. I do like the red theme, so Ima jump on that one for sure. As for the transparent background and text colors, I guess we woulda already seen that (like glass effect). Bummer.

Perhaps during open season.
  13.    #13  
    Well ....not great news. Removing keyboard-bg leaves a black hole in behind the keys. I guess you could always take a screenshot and resize the background to 1024x340 (just don't scroll around )
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    As far as I know:
    - The background can't be transparent.
    - You can't change the key text colors.

Really limits the cool things we could do with the keyboard...

-- Sent via mobile
    Something has to be making them that black color that they are.

Palm is notorious for setting styles of things that are default black, just to be black. What about how people change layouts from QWERTY to AZERTY? Something in there perhaps?
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    sledge007 i fail at packaging stuff for use in theme buildier etc, i do however follow your awesome idea and have the raw files of my first attempt (just made the keys into real pc keyboard keys, and biggorized the main keys a bit), feel free to magic them into your packages if their of any use and/or recolor/etc to suit taste.

enclosed archived tablet folder and a screenshot of fail, isnt very awesome but wth, ittl do.

<Packaged theme added -- Sledge007>
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/13/2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: PC Standard is the packaged theme
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    sledge007 i fail at packaging stuff for use in theme buildier etc, i do however follow your awesome idea and have the raw files of my first attempt (just made the keys into real pc keyboard keys, and biggorized the main keys a bit), feel free to magic them into your packages if their of any use and/or recolor/etc to suit taste.

enclosed archived tablet folder and a screenshot of fail, isnt very awesome but wth, ittl do.
    Oh nicely done! Reminicsent of my ol' Commodore VIC-20 lol but nicer! Keep 'em coming!
    added the same as my previous one but tried adding a black border/outline round all the keys, not sure if i prefer with or without.

<Packaged theme added -- Sledge007>
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/13/2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Border PC Standard is the packaged theme.
    sledge007, cujoq37 and WknThDg like this.
  18.    #18  
    I think they both look pretty good, and not sure which one I like better either

The more I look at the black one, the more I like it.
    What I was hoping for is something like a completely black key with a colored border, like a neon.
    I presume these keyboard themes are safe to use with modified keyboards. Right?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast