Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #61  
    Sent.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Bog Standard Touchpad Keys with a very minor enlargement, Shift/Shiftlock keys recolored marginally, long press/popup keys remain same size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Ok so I tried to install the red keys theme and I get a message stating

"Something went wrong in applying the theme! See /media/internal/webos-ausmt.log for the error."

So I go there and at the end of a long list of code it states

"Additional file already exists in system file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/keyboard-bg.png"

So I go to that file and it opens another card like it is going to show an image but there is nothing there. Anybody have any idea what that could mean. Note: I have the keyboard arrows patch by Maverick applied.

So I removed the arrows patch and re-attempted application of the red keys theme with the same result.

Ok final edit..So I figured out that it was another theme that affected the background of the keyboard. It changes it to black instead of a slate grey. I removed the other theme, installed the red keys theme and then reinstalled the Glass Effects for Touchpad theme and came out with a pretty cool look. It has the red keys, but a black background. I think I will keep it. Thanks again for this, yet another cool hombrew, keyboard look or should I say looks.
    Last edited by jkromero; 06/19/2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: addition of information
    geekpeter and sledge007 like this.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Bog Standard Touchpad Keys with a very minor enlargement, Shift/Shiftlock keys recolored marginally, long press/popup keys remain same size.
    I can't see the difference .... I guess that's the "very minor enlargement" part
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I can't see the difference .... I guess that's the "very minor enlargement" part
    6-8 pixels ish wider and slightly higher, only noticable diff should be the gaps between keys should be smaller, I'll do a before/after when I'm back from work

was gonna make a tad bigger but had to leave room for the down/press image which drops down a bit.

EDIT: Added comparison, it is minor but its there.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 06/20/2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Amiga500 Keyboard Theme

Not far off my PC Standard Bordered theme, amiga keys dont angle in as steep, also changed the Keyboard set/dismiss picture to an "A"miga Key logo (was gonna do to shift keys but could only have 1 color "A" instead of the proper black/white split so gave up).
    • File Type: png 1.png (147.2 KB, 40 views)
    grasshoper likes this.
    +1 Always nice replace gray w/some cokor
    Quote Originally Posted by bruisa View Post
    +1 Always nice replace gray w/some cokor
    thats quite difficult due to the text being hard coded to black/white and a set font/size without some seperate dirty hacks beyond the means of a normal theme change, colors not far from the norm at least show up ok.
    I havent been able to install any of these themes for my TPad . I keep getting errors . Any ideas why ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I havent been able to install any of these themes for my TPad . I keep getting errors . Any ideas why ?
    you likely will if you already have a theme installed that altered your keyboard, esp if installed manaually rather than through theme manager, do you have any themes at all that changed the look and feel of your touchpad? also theme manager i think tells you the error and what file it saved the log into.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    If any file is altered before applying these themes, they won't work. I had a black background with the regular keyboard and it wasn't until I changed that back to normal that they started working.
    The email does not work, it does not send any email with the attachment to my email account. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    sledge007 i fail at packaging stuff for use in theme buildier etc, i do however follow your awesome idea and have the raw files of my first attempt (just made the keys into real pc keyboard keys, and biggorized the main keys a bit), feel free to magic them into your packages if their of any use and/or recolor/etc to suit taste.

enclosed archived tablet folder and a screenshot of fail, isnt very awesome but wth, ittl do.

<Packaged theme added -- Sledge007>
    Nicely done +1
    Thank you for the awesome job in these! Would it be a hassle bringing out a purple theme for it?

Love the pink and the red ones!
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by racerchick View Post
    Thank you for the awesome job in these! Would it be a hassle bringing out a purple theme for it?

Love the pink and the red ones!
    If you're looking for a specific color, you can go here HTML Color Picker
    find some colors you like, and post the HTML codes for them. I've been working stupid hours ...70+ hours/week, for the last month, so I haven't really had much time for anything lately, but I have this weekend off, and can probably get something together for you.

Were you interested in the standard keys or the round ones? I can do either one just as easy.
    Those are very nice themes. I'm asking for moer

Edit: I have the same error as above as I applied a theme manually and lost the backup! I then replaced the theme with the lunace sysmgr folder which brought the original webos look & feel. But still, one file seems to be seen as altered: draghandle.png. Any idea how I can solve that ?
    Last edited by grasshoper; 08/23/2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    If you're looking for a specific color, you can go here HTML Color Picker
    find some colors you like, and post the HTML codes for them. I've been working stupid hours ...70+ hours/week, for the last month, so I haven't really had much time for anything lately, but I have this weekend off, and can probably get something together for you.

Were you interested in the standard keys or the round ones? I can do either one just as easy.
    your keyboard theme with the circle keys is just stinking awesome . Will you be making any more anytime soon ? Thank you I love that keyboard theme !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18.    #78  
    I was planning on doing something this weekend, first few days off I've had in awhile, but I got lost in my garage for a few days. Hadn't gone through it in over a year, and it really needed to get sorted out, which led to a major overhaul. Laminate flooring, chairs, tables, amps, speakers, lights, full size beer fridge, and several hours of jam time, that had been sorely lacking.

Once work slows down a bit, and I have a bit more time, I'll revisit this again.

edit: Here's some straight blue keys all across the keyboard, I've been using this one for awhile and like it. Still having some issues with the pop-up keys (when you hold down O for example, but not super high on my priority list either, as I rarely use those keys.)

edit: new zip file
    Last edited by sledge007; 08/28/2012 at 10:50 AM.
  19.    #79  
    @racerchick

Late start for work today for me = purple keyboard for you
    Here's some straight blue keys all across the keyboard, I've been using this one for awhile and like it. Still having some issues with the pop-up keys (when you hold down O for example, but not super high on my priority list either, as I rarely use those keys.)
    Nice Look!!
    But Edge111 'zip' doestn't seem to want to install from 'Downloads' to Theme Manager Library-- ?

Thanks..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast