Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #41  
    Open Theme Manager, open top-left menu, select Theme Library/Install New Themes. (Note the .zip files MUST be in your downloads folder) Install the themes in the dialog box, then as themes are installed, they show up in the right-hand pane. You first select the theme you want to install, then in the left-hand pane, select Apply Current Theme. In a few moments you will be prompted to do a Luna Restart. Once you restart Luna, the theme will be applied.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    As I mentioned in the other thread, changing the text color requires binary patching of LunaSysMgr. I know how to do it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to support and update it with every new update to webOS. So, if any of you knows something about RE and is willing to update it for new webOS versions, I'll look into it.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    need more gimp practice, been messing with several designs to get a keyboard to look like an oldskool typewriter, so far ive got like 3 versions of raw fugly, mostly due to the background images im trying not fitting the look and feel, nm, get there 1 day.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    sledge007 i fail at packaging stuff for use in theme buildier etc, i do however follow your awesome idea and have the raw files of my first attempt (just made the keys into real pc keyboard keys, and biggorized the main keys a bit), feel free to magic them into your packages if their of any use and/or recolor/etc to suit taste.

enclosed archived tablet folder and a screenshot of fail, isnt very awesome but wth, ittl do.

<Packaged theme added -- Sledge007>
    Are there any of these themes with the arrows?
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Can you please make the black border/outline for this one as well (like your Border PC Standard keyboard theme that I repackaged in my above post)?
    sorry it took a while i got distracted

its in theme manager format as i just abused the one you made earlier so should work fine, used a much thinner border than the other one to fit the slim feel, can make it chunkier if needed..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (99.8 KB, 48 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    johnjaycee likes this.
    With some small tweaks to json, I can confirm the keyboard works on the TP 7" running 3.0.4 Thanks!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    i get getting an error when trying to download the files
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    With some small tweaks to json, I can confirm the keyboard works on the TP 7" running 3.0.4 Thanks!
    ah musta have messed something up, i cant really test properly as a failed bootlogo i tried making a theme manager file for seems to have borked up my theme manager so cant test properly, feel free to repost a working one if mines gone belly up.

EDIT: or was the change to get it running on 3.0.4? i think the json and xml had entries for recognising 3.0.5 only?
    RE-EDIT: just noticed the 7" comment, damn that must be nice
    ah musta have messed something up, i cant really test properly as a failed bootlogo i tried making a theme manager file for seems to have borked up my theme manager so cant test properly, feel free to repost a working one if mines gone belly up.

EDIT: or was the change to get it running on 3.0.4? i think the json and xml had entries for recognising 3.0.5 only?
    RE-EDIT: just noticed the 7" comment, damn that must be nice
    No you did not mess anything up.

However, you JSON is specific to webos 3.0.5 and does not alias other 3.X builds. So those still running older 3.X builds would have to make the same edit I did.

Also, the TP 7" has a 'different' device name so Theme Manager will not read anything it properly on my device.

KB looks great!!
    sledge and WknThDg kindly packaged my other attempts, tho it sounds liek youd have to re-edit those as well, esp as the one i last posted was a modified version of the one WknThDg did for me earlier just with the new images.
    I don't know if you have seen the JSON template at the theme manager wiki. Very helpful / useful for throwing together "un-complicated" themes. I have used it to package up different bootlogos etc.

Here is the direct link:
    Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I don't know if you have seen the JSON template at the theme manager wiki. Very helpful / useful for throwing together "un-complicated" themes. I have used it to package up different bootlogos etc.

Here is the direct link:
    Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    i think thats how i managed to bork things up in the first place, i think i ended up screwing a bootlogo json over when using a quick dirty notepad edit and forgetting or accidentally adding a { or } somewhere, was easily remedied later using notepad++ but i forgot i had that as i only used it for making custom wow lua mods, i found the issue using notepad++ but somewhere even when i deleted the erronious theme manager build i made, theme manager still brings up errors as if i had the test theme installed somewhere even tho it doesnt show.

wasnt really expecting to make anything back when i broke it so never spent the time to fix it, kinda kicking me in the face now tho
    another test idea i gave up on due to stretched images making it look uglier than usual
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #54  
    need more gimp practice, been messing with several designs to get a keyboard to look like an oldskool typewriter, so far ive got like 3 versions of raw fugly, mostly due to the background images im trying not fitting the look and feel, nm, get there 1 day.
    Heh heh....that's what my thoughts were originally when I started ORBKeys...I was looking for some sort of template for the keys, and ended up finding a very detailed walkthrough from mygimptutorial.com. I saw those buttons and changed my direction.

I should probably repackage mine for older 3.0.x versions, I only set them for 3.0.5 as I really didn't have a way to test for those. Probably do that tonight.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I am trying to download the red file ,but I am getting an error on tp saying broken zip file?or is not compatible theme Failed package? I am using the theme manager and its seeing the files Can you help
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I should probably repackage mine for older 3.0.x versions, I only set them for 3.0.5 as I really didn't have a way to test for those. Probably do that tonight.
    Feel free to copy that part out of my theme's json. Doesn't take much to make it compatible with older webOS versions.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by heather70732 View Post
    I am trying to download the red file ,but I am getting an error on tp saying broken zip file?or is not compatible theme Failed package? I am using the theme manager and its seeing the files Can you help
    What version of webOS are you running? Currently the themes are packaged for 3.0.5 only.
    Try this method:
    Select Email Attachment
    Open Email
    Press and Hold Attachment in Email
    Save Attachment
    Open Theme Manager, and Install Theme.

Let me know if it works, I just tried it on a second TouchPad, and seemed to work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    What version of webOS are you running? Currently the themes are packaged for 3.0.5 only.
    Try this method:
    Select Email Attachment
    Open Email
    Press and Hold Attachment in Email
    Save Attachment
    Open Theme Manager, and Install Theme.

Let me know if it works, I just tried it on a second TouchPad, and seemed to work for me.
    I am running the latest update the 3.05
  19.    #59  
    I don't think we can change the 3x340 dimensions of the bg image. I tried packaging OldGlory with just the bg image, and Theme Manager didn't like it. (I made it 1024x340)

I also tried making a carbon fiber weave, I can't remember how wide I made it, 20 pixel I think, and it didn't like that one either. Maybe this is something we could ask Sconix about? Maybe he didn't think about having bigger bgs
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/19/2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heather70732 View Post
    I am running the latest update the 3.05
    can you email it to me at another email because my main live account is not getting it <email deleted by staff>
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/19/2012 at 04:39 PM.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast