Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #21  
    I haven't tested modified keyboards myself....but you're more than welcome to try it out
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Figured I might as well add one of mine to this thread too.

Preview:

Download:
    Metro Effect Suite (keyboard only)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    What I was hoping for is something like a completely black key with a colored border, like a neon.
    my first attempt at this sucked on epic proportions as i cant see the black lettered keys when i make them neon bar/boxes with solid black interior

back to prodding things till interesting things happen, shame you cant use anim gif's instead of png's for the buttons for glimmering neons.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    my first attempt at this sucked on epic proportions as i cant see the black lettered keys when i make them neon bar/boxes with solid black interior

back to prodding things till interesting things happen, shame you cant use anim gif's instead of png's for the buttons for glimmering neons.
    Yep, I tried doing something like this a while ago too. It looked awesome... except for the text. lol. If only we could find a way to change that...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    tried another fail one, looks like the white apple ipad bluetooth keyboard, and yeah i still cant see a single thign that changes key colors, thought maybe abusing 1 of the keyboard xml files may do it but they dont seem to do anything.

ah well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    some stuff ive tried for a laugh really does look ugly until some genious works out how to change the text colors or biggorize them at least.

quick snap of 1 of my many fails.
    sledge007 and grasshoper like this.
  7.    #27  
    Quit being so hard on yourself! There's a fine line between genius and madness
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #28  
    Added blue keyboard to the first post. Sorry no screenshot, but it's identical to the red one. The attached png file is what the white keys will look like, ie the letter keys.
    vertical gradient filled buttons or mostly solid color buttons seem best so far esp as some keys like space etc get stretched horizontally, some button fills I've used look terrible when stretched.

nm weekend approaching, might play more or hope some photoshop gods join the fray.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Added blue keyboard to the first post. Sorry no screenshot, but it's identical to the red one. The attached png file is what the white keys will look like, ie the letter keys.
    The 'blue' version does not work. Instead of keyboard it attempts to change the 'App Launcher'. Also, the 'OldGlory' theme fails to get added to Theme Manager.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The 'blue' version does not work. Instead of keyboard it attempts to change the 'App Launcher'. Also, the 'OldGlory' theme fails to get added to Theme Manager.
    Hmm, I just doctored my TouchPad, and the first theme I tried out was the blue one...I hadn't installed it before, so I didn't have a screenshot.....and here it is:

I will re-upload the same file and see if you can try it again.

As for the "wanting to change App Launcher", I might have just clicked the wrong button while I was packaging it. I'll repack it, and replace the file.

Ok that file's been swapped out, sorry that was a mybad. It's the 5th or 6th theme I've packaged, I'm still learning the ropes with it
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/15/2012 at 10:12 PM.
    added the same as my previous one but tried adding a black border/outline round all the keys, not sure if i prefer with or without.
    <Packaged theme added -- Sledge007>
    I'm currently using this with the "arrowscorn.keypatch.zip (IPK v1.0.5)" that is in the "Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys" thread by isagar2004 (see attached thumbnail screenshot below).
    I repackaged/renamed, added 2nd screeshot & put this info. in the description with Theme Manager (see attached file below).
    geekpeter and sledge007 like this.
    tried another fail one, looks like the white apple ipad bluetooth keyboard, and yeah i still cant see a single thign that changes key colors, thought maybe abusing 1 of the keyboard xml files may do it but they dont seem to do anything.

ah well.
    Can you please make the black border/outline for this one as well (like your Border PC Standard keyboard theme that I repackaged in my above post)?
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Can you please make the black border/outline for this one as well (like your Border PC Standard keyboard theme that I repackaged in my above post)?
    ill give that a shot later yeah.
    WknThDg likes this.
  15.    #35  
    I'm not sure why that Old Glory isn't compatible with Theme Manager Sanjay. It could be because I used a full size image for the background, ie 1024x340 as opposed to the 3x340 standard background image. When I took the screenshot, I had manually installed each image. I might take a look at again, but I have tried repackaging a few times, and I get the same result you did.

I am working on another keyboard skin, this one will be sure to turn some heads, but it's taking me a lot longer time-wise. I've completely redesigned the keys from the ground up, and the more that I create, I'm starting to see things I could have done differently on previous keys. Not only as far as how they look, but how they are positioned. I'm hoping to get it out before the weekend. I might just push forward, finish what's left, release it, and then go back and update what I wanted to change.

It took me almost 6 hours to get my first button done right....but I've slashed that down to just under a couple, and I'm getting faster..
    I've noticed when using transparent images that the 2 extra keys you get for url's etc for http: and .com type shortcuts are present on normal as well just their both shifted left/right to hide under the space bar which elongates to cover them.

not an issue but means you can't have some buttons partially see thru as they show through in an ugly way.
  17.    #37  
    I steered clear of transparency altogether, I found something online that I think is pretty good. I've also made the buttons smaller, and I'm finding my accuracy is far better now, as you're pushing the button closer to the center. Couple more days and I'll pack it up. Then I'll go back over it and do whatever touchups that need doing.

These are all being made from scratch, far different than simply changing color hues, and I have very little GIMP experience, but I'm picking it up fairly quickly.
    as Garrett92C stated a few times in this post and elsewhere, the fixed text color problem really does hold people back in creating interesting layouts.
  19.    #39  
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6vfd7jrcago7i0/ORBKeys.zip File was too big (1.05MB) for forum upload limit. Here's a dropbox link. ORBKeys.

On the first post of the thread, there's a new keyboard theme. It's a pretty good start, needs a little polish here and there...blame that on the learning curve, but I figured I would package this up and then go back fix it up and update it.

There is a big difference with this style, I made this specifically for landscape use, and the largest keyboard.
    The ENTER key doesn't line up with this style of button, maybe those guys making the custom keyboards can help with aligning the button.

The number row is a little pixelated here and there, the first button I made, and didn't realize how zoomed I needed to be, I didn't go back and fix that, to do list. Red keys as well, also to do list.

Orange buttons were not reversed with button presses, to do list.

Slight shadows under each key, fixed with darker background....or live with it for now, last priority

popup-bg left as is. I tried a similar style, but got distorted pretty bad, left as is for now.

Open to suggestions, I made all these myself with GIMP and a little walk-through tutorial, I found, on how to make them. It was a little tricky, aside from the last three days, I've hardly used GIMP or any other similar type of program.

@Sanjay in the process of making this zip file, I figured out why Old Glory wouldn't work with Theme Manager. It doesn't like spaces in the name of the zip....apparently....so that one should work soon Thought I had it figured, have to revisit this later.
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/18/2012 at 08:48 PM.
    geekpeter likes this.
    could I get a little help on the install? I downloaded the files and I see them in the theme manager but don't see how to install them. I choose to install them thru the drop down menu but I get nothing.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast