1.    #1  
    Hey all,

New to webos - received my 32GB TP on Christmas.

Just installed preware today and having a blast! So much more this little thing can do now. After some general housekeeping (thank you ncinerate), I was ready to start tweaking and customizing.

Proceeded to download some themes, however, once they're installed, they look far worse than their thumbnail preview versions. The "desktop" logo is much smaller and doesn't take up the whole amount of the screen and very few icons actually change. All in all, the only things I'm noticing that have changed is a new (small) background picture, and a few icons that have changed. All other "factory" background colors/effects have remained the same.

I download them by opening preware then Available Packages >> Theme >> then select from the list given.

Am I missing something?
    Yeah, you're probably downloading themes that aren't for the touchpad.

Do you have the Ignore Device Compatibility flag OFF in Preware preferences?
    Quote Originally Posted by TP Tony View Post
    Hey all,

New to webos - received my 32GB TP on Christmas.

Just installed preware today and having a blast! So much more this little thing can do now. After some general housekeeping (thank you ncinerate), I was ready to start tweaking and customizing.

Proceeded to download some themes, however, once they're installed, they look far worse than their thumbnail preview versions. The "desktop" logo is much smaller and doesn't take up the whole amount of the screen and very few icons actually change. All in all, the only things I'm noticing that have changed is a new (small) background picture, and a few icons that have changed. All other "factory" background colors/effects have remained the same.

I download them by opening preware then Available Packages >> Theme >> then select from the list given.

Am I missing something?
    Sounds like you downloading themes for the hand devices and not TP. Make sure your themes are Touchpad specific. Also would advise you to wait for the Theme Manager app to move out of beta and download TP themes though that app.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Sounds like you downloading themes for the hand devices and not TP. Make sure your themes are Touchpad specific. Also would advise you to wait for the Theme Manager app to move out of beta and download TP themes though that app.
    Agree with the above.

However, if you cannot wait, there are some TP themes in the prethemer feed in preware. For example: glass effect suite has a touchpad version (its in the theme title)
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Yeah, you're probably downloading themes that aren't for the touchpad.

Do you have the Ignore Device Compatibility flag OFF in Preware preferences?
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Agree with the above.

However, if you cannot wait, there are some TP themes in the prethemer feed in preware. For example: glass effect suite has a touchpad version (its in the theme title)

Will check settings to ensure device compatibility is ON and check prethemer feed. Was curious if this was the case since I've got a couple of Palm apps on my TP right now.

Many thanks for the quick replies, will be looking out for Theme Manager for 3.0.5 :-)

Thanks again,
    Tony

EDIT: Ignore device compatibility says "no." Is this where it should be?
    Last edited by TP Tony; 01/26/2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Yes, presumably.