Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    webICS - An Ice Cream Sandwich style theme for HP TouchPad

I know it may be considered sacrilege on here to even mention Android never mind imitate it, but this is a theme that I created for myself a while back and only now thought to upload it so someone else may enjoy.

It has been installed on my TouchPad for the last 4 weeks or so and I have had no problems.

There is still a so much time consuming work to be done and so much more that I know I can change but having a full time job and 3 kids leaves me little free time!

I will try to work on it when I can and will try to update it as HP updates webOS.

Feel free to leave 'constructive' criticism, bare in mind though that this is the first 'a bit rough around the edges' release and the first theme I have created for webOS.

I also own a Pre3 so would love to adapt this theme to it in the future, but for now it is for TouchPad only! Anyone who is interested in porting this to Pre, Pre2, Pre3 etc just pm me.

If you are going to post this elsewhere, please link back to this thread.

And obviously use this at your own risk, don't blame me if it breaks anything!

Enjoy.

Update 16/01/12
    Fixed Email and Messaging icons (thanks Garrett92C)
    Added ICS style clock (my own work using Roboto font)

Theme:
    3.0.4 webics.zip
    3.0.5 webICS_3.0.5.zip

Google Just Type Patch (3.0.4 and 3.0.5 compatible):
    google-just-type-label.patch

@admin - If this breaks any rules or laws etc then feel free to delete this thread and my theme from existence!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (42.9 KB, 1177 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (45.3 KB, 1030 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (232.5 KB, 1072 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (323.3 KB, 1007 views)
    • File Type: png 5.png (51.0 KB, 934 views)
    • File Type: png 6.png (286.9 KB, 857 views)
    • File Type: png 7.png (78.2 KB, 758 views)
    Last edited by ZeroWingUK; 01/16/2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: webOS 3.0.5 update
    Thanks for posting this!!

I am not able to d/l the ZIP to check; but have you checked out the Theme Manager app? Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    great theme overall (basing off screenshots), but the just type screen doesn't quite agree with me.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Thanks for posting this!!

I am not able to d/l the ZIP to check; but have you checked out the Theme Manager app? Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    It is designed to work with ThemeManager.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    great theme overall (basing off screenshots), but the just type screen doesn't quite agree with me.
    Hmmm, works fine for me on Touchpad 32g wifi on 3.0.4

Or are you saying you just don't like it? hehe If you don't like anything, just load the theme in theme builder app on pc and remove or change anything that you don't like, its easy!
    great theme!
    looks nice.... I haven't enabled alpha or beta feeds.... Any idea when theme mgr goes public?
    Planning to update for 3.0.5?
    This is the first theme for the TP that I actually want to install. It looks sweet.
    I can't wait for CM9 to be released so I can dual-boot ICS for real. Until then, I'll just have to enjoy this theme. Thanks for submitting it.
    I think both zip files 3.0.4 & 3.0.5 are the same. :-(
    Last edited by Willard; 01/12/2012 at 08:15 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I think both zip files 3.0.4 & 3.0.5 are the same. :-(
    Yes you are right, hmmm, can't seem to find the correct one right now. Check back later.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Hey guys I updated Zeros theme to work with 3.0.5 and i also added the propper ICS clock number font, however i cant find where the new location for the mail or messaging is either. If Zero Gives me Permission ill upload it

edit nvm see that hes working on it lol
    Last edited by NpManny; 01/13/2012 at 03:02 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Hey guys I updated Zeros theme to work with 3.0.5 and i also added the propper ICS clock number font, however i cant find where the new location for the mail or messaging is either. If Zero Gives me Permission ill upload it

edit nvm see that hes working on it lol
    Yes upload it if you like, clock was on the todo list anyway. I assume the clock is your own work and not ripped from the other thread on here?
    Thank you Zero for updating the 3.0.5 zipfile!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Wow, nice theme!

If I'm not mistaken, the best way to install zip themes is theme manager, which is still in beta. Aside from installing a beta release onto my TP, how can I install the theme? I believe that WQI used to have a "themer" option, which for some reason is no longer there. Any idea what the best way to install it is?

Thanks, sorry for the newbie question, I'm still learning
    This is a really nice theme! If you need any help with anything, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWingUK View Post
    #Update 1
    Working with webOS 3.0.5
    Just one problem, I cannot get the email and the messaging icons to change. Any body know where they are stored in 3.0.5? I have changed them /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/ and /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/ but they won't change in the launcher or the quick launch bar! where is it pulling the default ones from?!?
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    This is a really nice theme! If you need any help with anything, let me know.

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/
    Thanks for this, looks like they've moved a lot to cryptofs.
    Nice work!
    I'm using webOS v3.0.5 but not getting the email and messaging icons to change with either webics_3.0.5.zip or the new webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip.
    Everything else is OK and just like in your thumbnail pics though.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Nice work!
    I'm using webOS v3.0.5 but not getting the email and messaging icons to change with either webics_3.0.5.zip or the new webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip.
    Everything else is OK and just like in your thumbnail pics though.
    Hmm, I'll double check I've uploaded the correct file tomorrow.

Working for anyone else?
    Works for me. I have the updated icons
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast