Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Does anyone know where to download Theme Manager in Preware?? When I do a search for it, nothing shows up.

If I can't install Theme Manager, is there another way I can install this theme on my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Does anyone know where to download Theme Manager in Preware?? When I do a search for it, nothing shows up.

If I can't install Theme Manager, is there another way I can install this theme on my TP.
    You need the beta feeds enabled

http://testing.preware.org

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Garrett92C likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post

You'll need to enable the testing feeds in Preware to find it. Theme Manager is the only way to install it... It's works great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Works for me. I have the updated icons
    Hmmm.... I'll try to dig into it further, although I won't have access to my TouchPad for 12 more hours and will try again then.
    The Advanced Browser (MakleSoft Browser) icon changed OK.
    What version of Theme Manager are you using?
    I just installed v0.9.2 today and had used that.
    Anyone know of another theme I could try that changes the email & messaging icons and has been updated for webOS 3.0.5?

UPDATE:
    STRANGE... I just confirmed that the webICS "theme.json" file DOES point to the right/new paths for webOS 3.0.5 in the "3.0.5" folder inside the "webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip" file to both the "icon-256x256.png" & "icon.png" ICS icons used with "com.palm.app.email" & "com.palm.app.messaging" as shown below:
    webics\3.0.5\files\applications\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.email\
    webics\3.0.5\files\applications\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\
    BUT, the above icons DON'T change for me with this theme applied...

YET, the webICS icons for com.maklesoft.browser DO change for me when this theme is applied using the same cryptofs path used above (as shown in the below path) in the same webICS "theme.json" file:
    webics\3.0.5\files\applications\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications\com.maklesoft.browser

At this point, I'm still at a loss as to what is causing my problem....
    Last edited by WknThDg; 01/17/2012 at 04:26 PM.
    garrydal likes this.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Hmmm.... I'll try to dig into it further, although I won't have access to my TouchPad for 12 more hours and will try again then.
    The Advanced Browser (MakleSoft Browser) icon changed OK.
    What version of Theme Manager are you using?
    I just installed v0.9.2 today and had used that.
    Anyone know of another theme I could try that changes the email & messaging icons and has been updated for webOS 3.0.5?

UPDATE:
    STRANGE... I just confirmed that the webICS "theme.json" file DOES point to the right/new paths for webOS 3.0.5 in the "3.0.5" folder inside the "webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip" file to both the "icon-256x256.png" & "icon.png" ICS icons used with "com.palm.app.email" & "com.palm.app.messaging" as shown below:
    webics\3.0.5\files\applications\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.email\
    webics\3.0.5\files\applications\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\
    BUT, the above icons DON'T change for me with this theme applied...

YET, the webICS icons for com.maklesoft.browser DO change for me when this theme is applied using the same cryptofs path used above (as shown in the below path) in the same webICS "theme.json" file:
    webics\3.0.5\files\applications\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications\com.maklesoft.browser

At this point, I'm still at a loss as to what is causing my problem....
    Have you checked with internalz file manager that they have actually changed? browse to the files in cryptofs and open them with the built in image viewer.

If they haven't changed (don't know why they wouldn't) you could always just change them manually. All theme manager does is backup and then replace files anyway.

I assume you have tried to restart luna/device right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWingUK View Post
    Have you checked with internalz file manager that they have actually changed? browse to the files in cryptofs and open them with the built in image viewer.

If they haven't changed (don't know why they wouldn't) you could always just change them manually. All theme manager does is backup and then replace files anyway.

I assume you have tried to restart luna/device right?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I did look in cryptofs and the original icons are still there.
    Changing them manually to the ICS ones was my last resort (I'm not there yet).

Where does Theme Manager keep backup files?
    Is it in /media/internal/.themes/ ?
    The ICS icons are below:
    /media/internal/.themes/.curent/files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/
    /media/internal/.themes/.curent/files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/

I then noticed the Calendar icon isn't changing but the icons are in the below path:
    /media/internal/.themes/.curent/files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calenday/ (yes... calenday not calendar)
    From what I can tell, the above appears to have been leftover from the webics_3.0.5.zip and for some reason the Calendar icons are not included with the webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip (nor does it's theme.json reference them anywhere).
    Although, your 3.png screenshot does not show Calendar as being changed, was it your intent that it should with webics_3.0.5.zip but not now with webics_3.0.5.zip?

At this point, I want to start over.
    I've returned to the default theme and uninstalled Theme Manager.
    Did Theme Manager create /media/internal/.themes ?
    If so, can I delete it now?

UPDATE: Problem solved!!!
    I returned to the default theme and then uninstalled Theme Manager.
    Deleted /media/internal/.themes/
    Reinstalled Theme Manager & ran.
    Theme Manager>Theme Library>Install New Themes>Tapped on webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip>OK>Select This Theme>Apply Current Theme>
    Now the email & messaging icons are changed to!!!

BTW, as far as changing the Calendar icon....
    Since the Calendar icon in both the launcher bar & the APPS tab have the current numerical day on it, webOS has a seperate .png for each individual numerical day of the month (two of each for the single digit days).
    There are icon-1.png thru icon -9.png & icon-01 thru icon-31.png.... that's 40 total.
    Therefore, to implement an ICS Calendar icon, either each .png file with the numbers transposed on the ICS Calender icon would need to be created, OR use the same pic for all 40.
    They're located in:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher
    I'm assuming that the above path is the only one needed, as I could not find any other location that had 40 more Calendar icons.
    Last edited by WknThDg; 01/18/2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
    Wow.

This is absolutely spectacular. Really great work on it.

Can't wait to use it on my Pre 3.

Seriously. Superb stuff here.
    Last edited by SimonLR; 01/18/2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Great theme, I never liked Android in the Touchpad, but ICS is okay to me, indeed I like it, I'm waiting to put it on my Atrix, since I never got a Touchpad and my Pre is broke -.-
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ok getting an error when i try and apply this theme????

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Thu Jan 19 10:00:19 CST 2012

Contains additional files

----------------------------------
    Checking additional files

Finding md5sum for original file
    file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/quicklaunch-bg-solid.png
    Found md5sum via the packages file
    md5sum: 50e309e0a51d27ecf72ebbeb27df8f8f
    file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/quicklaunch-bg.png
    md5sum: 2ac43f23edf8acaf0f5b65a5391f7586

ERROR: Additional file already exists in system

*** FAILED ***
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I did look in cryptofs and the original icons are still there.
    Changing them manually to the ICS ones was my last resort (I'm not there yet).

Where does Theme Manager keep backup files?
    Is it in /media/internal/.themes/ ?
    The ICS icons are below:
    /media/internal/.themes/.curent/files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/
    /media/internal/.themes/.curent/files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/

I then noticed the Calendar icon isn't changing but the icons are in the below path:
    /media/internal/.themes/.curent/files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calenday/ (yes... calenday not calendar)
    From what I can tell, the above appears to have been leftover from the webics_3.0.5.zip and for some reason the Calendar icons are not included with the webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip (nor does it's theme.json reference them anywhere).
    Although, your 3.png screenshot does not show Calendar as being changed, was it your intent that it should with webics_3.0.5.zip but not now with webics_3.0.5.zip?

At this point, I want to start over.
    I've returned to the default theme and uninstalled Theme Manager.
    Did Theme Manager create /media/internal/.themes ?
    If so, can I delete it now?

UPDATE: Problem solved!!!
    I returned to the default theme and then uninstalled Theme Manager.
    Deleted /media/internal/.themes/
    Reinstalled Theme Manager & ran.
    Theme Manager>Theme Library>Install New Themes>Tapped on webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip>OK>Select This Theme>Apply Current Theme>
    Now the email & messaging icons are changed to!!!

BTW, as far as changing the Calendar icon....
    Since the Calendar icon in both the launcher bar & the APPS tab have the current numerical day on it, webOS has a seperate .png for each individual numerical day of the month (two of each for the single digit days).
    There are icon-1.png thru icon -9.png & icon-01 thru icon-31.png.... that's 40 total.
    Therefore, to implement an ICS Calendar icon, either each .png file with the numbers transposed on the ICS Calender icon would need to be created, OR use the same pic for all 40.
    They're located in:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher
    I'm assuming that the above path is the only one needed, as I could not find any other location that had 40 more Calendar icons.
    Well spotted! yes the calendar icon never worked so I did recently remove it.

Looks like all the icons are next on the list, I just did the minimum amount to get the desktop to look like ICS.

If anyone would like to help by creating an icon pack, please let me know, would really speed things up. I can just add them to the theme zip.

Glad you got it working anyway WknThDg.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    ok getting an error when i try and apply this theme????

PATCH INSTALLATION Thu Jan 19 10:00:19 CST 2012

Contains additional files

Checking additional files

file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/quicklaunch-bg-solid.png
    md5sum: 50e309e0a51d27ecf72ebbeb27df8f8f
    md5sum: 2ac43f23edf8acaf0f5b65a5391f7586

ERROR: Additional file already exists in system

*** FAILED ***

You need to install it using Theme Manager (available in Preware testing feeds)
    These Posts were EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks guys. Theme Looks AWESOME btw. Keep up the great work!
    EvanKr likes this.
    You need to install it using Theme Manager (available in Preware testing feeds)
    I have the EXACT same error as pchrist.
    Using Theme Manager 0.9.2 and the 3.0.5 version of webICS.

Even deleting and reinstalling both theme manager and webICS does not work.
    Will try again tonight when I return home.

- T
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i have had it fail a few times.
    webOS 3.0.5
    theme manager v0.9.2

once was on emucard-background.pgn
    screen-lock-padlock-on.png
    screen-lock-padlock-off
    and now on loading-bg.pgn

any assistance please
    thanks
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    let me retract my previous statement.
    i have a "theme installed called grim glass
    it involved overwritting the /usr/palm/sysmgr/images folder. i restoed and tried the theme with theme manager and all is good.
    try removing any previous themes if you run into any issues
    Well spotted! yes the calendar icon never worked so I did recently remove it.

Looks like all the icons are next on the list, I just did the minimum amount to get the desktop to look like ICS.

If anyone would like to help by creating an icon pack, please let me know, would really speed things up. I can just add them to the theme zip.

Glad you got it working anyway WknThDg.
    When using Theme Managers "Install New Themes", the webics_3.0.5.zip AND the webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip files were both installed in:
    /media/internal/.themes/webics
    IMO, my problem may have been caused because of that.
    IDK if Theme Manger had overwritten the entire /media/internal/.themes/webICS folder or just adds somethings to it (partially?).
    Something MAY have conficted in that webics folder because the path for email & messaging was different between the webics_3.0.5.zip & webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip files (w/the cryptofs path then used in the webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip for webOS 3.0.5).

When using "Install New Themes" with Theme Manager, it installs new themes and leaves any previous
    /media/internal/.themes/ThemeName folders there so they are still in the theme selection list.
    I now know that IF there are problems after installing a newer theme version, that deleting the /media/internal/.themes/webICS folder and then using Theme Manager to "Install New Themes" w/the new version MAY work.
    IDK if there's a "standard" for creating theme version updates in the same /media/internal/.themes/ThemeName folder or not, but it MAY be advantageous that your next webICS theme version is made to be installed in:
    /media/internal/.themes/webics_0.1.2 instead of the same /media/internal/.themes/webics folder.

Another suggestion....
    Regarding the laborious task of creating the 40 numerical day webICS Calendar .png files....
    Since the default webOS Calender icon has the number on a clean "blank-slate" type of background (all white), it's OK... but the webICS Calender icon does not.
    Therfore, it MAY be prefered to have the ever-so-slighty transparent number over webICS Calender icon so you can see the rest of the detail of the full icon pic that's behind the number.

What font type does ICS use?
    If the same font type that's used to display the time on the lock screen with webICS is utilized, that could also be used for the Calender icon number font.
    Since this font is very thin, transparency may not really be necessary if this same ICS font is used.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I have the EXACT same error as pchrist.
    Using Theme Manager 0.9.2 and the 3.0.5 version of webICS.

Even deleting and reinstalling both theme manager and webICS does not work.
    Will try again tonight when I return home.

- T
    If you haven't already, try reloading the origianl webOS theme with Theme Manager.
    After the TouchPad reboots, then delete the folder below:
    /media/internal/.themes/webics

Reinstall with Theme Manager as below:
    Theme Manager>Theme Library>Install New Themes>Tap on webics_3.0.5_0.1.1.zip>OK>Select This Theme>Apply Current Theme
    Last edited by WknThDg; 01/19/2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Very cool..now to do up an ICS theme in Archlinux on my TP, and nobody who picks that thing up - besides me - will know what to do from one day to the next (triple-boot, same themed FTW!)

MUUUHHAHAHAH!!!
    I have to admit that I'm currently typing this from CM9 alpha 0 on my Touchpad (which I'm enjoying) and I have to say you did a great job with your theme. The launcher looks great and you've definitely captured the feel of ICS.

I have to say I absolutely miss the card interface when using ICS. There truly is nothing like it.
  20.    #40  
    I always remove any theme that I am currently using before installing a new one so have not had any of these problems.

Just good practice I guess, return to the default webOS theme, restart Luna then load up Theme Manager and install new theme.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast