Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  • 1 Post By p41m3r
  1.    #1  
    Matias Duarte may have left Palm for Google to create Ice Cream Sandwich, but I've brought his stylings back to webOS!

Created using original AndroidClock font (credit: XDA Developers), now you can have the stylish Ice Cream Sandwich lock screen clock font on your webOS phone as well.

(NOTE: I've only created this for the Pre 3, not sure if it will work with other devices. Maybe I'll create one for the Veer and Pre screen sizes later if I'm not lazy to boot up my other phones)

Extract the ZIP in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5 (Pre 3) and restart Luna.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 12/10/2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added colour background sample
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Thanks! That's a cool wallpaper too
    I like it but don't have a pre3.
    one vote for the pre2 and veer
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Alright... here you go... non 1.5 version for Pre/Pixi and Veer...

Put in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images

BTW, can anyone give me a crash course on how to put this on Preware?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Slick with the Win Vista Beta/RTM Skyline wallpaper

Love that font too.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Can you possible create a tutorial where we can add are own fonts and images? That'd be fantastic.
    Tutorial:
    Using a program like Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.NET pick a font you like and place the character that is named in the filename ( the "0" character for screen-lock-clock-0) centered in the frame (in a new layer preferably).

Once you're satisfied with its position & sizing, delete the original layer (containing the original number).

Now you're free to play with Drop Shadows, Gaussian blurs for edges & whatever other effects your heart so desires.

Rinse & repeat for the remaining numbers and you're done.

Put the images in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images (using Internalz or SSH) as Toni mentioned above, restart Luna & viola.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Wait so.. I have to replace each number separately? Like im a frequent user of photoshop (certified) But im not understanding exactly what your doing when you change the font of the numbers. thanks for the tut and help.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Wait so.. I have to replace each number separately? Like im a frequent user of photoshop (certified) But im not understanding exactly what your doing when you change the font of the numbers. thanks for the tut and help.
    Yep.

These are the files you want changed:

Here you go Giggles & others:

(Audio may be a bit quiet, turn the speaks up is my only solution at present :P)
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    why thanks Saijin. This will be fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Each number is just a single image instead of using just a font and a displaying the time in that font. If the time 12:05 is being displayed, its actually five different images lined up next to eachother (The ":" is its own image too). This was the part I hated theming just because there are eleven different images that needed to be changed. Kinda time consuming but you can do some pretty cool stuff if you are patient enough.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    No problem Let me know if you need/want subtitles. I can try and hack those out tonight maybe.

I like doing Paint.NET tutorials
    so we could do a predator font clock with large predator font with small real numbers below.

Predator font
    Cool, but it would take forever to learn that thing.
    MikeN68 likes this.