Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Can you make those grayscale like the Pre3 ones?
    Here you go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    VasTheGreek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Here you go!
    Many thanks
    We should arrange a webOS meet up in Southampton
    What do you think?
  3.    #23  
    Many thanks
    We should arrange a webOS meet up in Southampton
    What do you think?
    With the other 3 Pre owners in Southampton...? Haha, I'm sure there are more than it would appear, however I've yet to see another Pre 'in the wild' as yet. Although one of my best mates got a touchpad completely out of the blue! Made me long for the Touchpad Go to be released.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    With the other 3 Pre owners in Southampton...? Haha, I'm sure there are more than it would appear, however I've yet to see another Pre 'in the wild' as yet. Although one of my best mates got a touchpad completely out of the blue! Made me long for the Touchpad Go to be released.
    Why not We will be 5 !!! hehe

I was lucky to grab a TP and a Pre3 and I still got my Pre- as a backup and for testing. I don't think we will be seeing the TP Go in the shops. If you haven't got a TP there are a few on ebay between 130-170 used but only by 2 months so I would still consider one

Anyway thanks for the images Let me know if you having issues to get them working....
    I would love to see one that just says:

webOS

and glows.
    You need to save them as hp-logo and hp-logo-bright
    Then you need to copy them in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ and reboot.
    This works fine, except for the fact that the HP logo does not dissapear completely. When you reboot the TouchPad it initially still shows the HP boot logo and then a little later it switches to showing the replaced boot logo. Any ideas why?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I believe you can replace the first logo using a webOS meta doctor with the custom boot logo option enabled.
    I've just created a pair of boot screens for my UK Pre3 to replace the standard glowing HP logo.
    Great! Using them right now, precisely the enlarged version. Notice the original HP logo still shows at the beginning, I though I did it wrong at first.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Great! Using them right now, precisely the enlarged version. Notice the original HP logo still shows at the beginning, I though I did it wrong at first.
    That initial HP logo is never replaced by the boot logo switch.
    That 'initial' logo can be replaced; but as mentioned before, it would require compiling a unique metadoctor to change.

The best example: if you metadoctor a Pre(-) to webos 2.1 using Rod's script; that initial logo has been changed to webosinternals Tux logo then whatever boot logo one has on the phone.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    ...and a set of Neon Blue screens for the Touchpad. I have no idea how to install them or what they should be renamed as though!
    Thank You very much for the neon blue version. These two images work perfectly with my entire neon blue theme. I love how it segways from the initial HP bootup logo to the glowing Palm webOS cards images.

Again, thanks and continued success.

- webOS for life
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This works fine, except for the fact that the HP logo does not dissapear completely. When you reboot the TouchPad it initially still shows the HP boot logo and then a little later it switches to showing the replaced boot logo. Any ideas why?
    I don't have an answer for that yet. I will check with Jason see if he has any ideas...
    Vas
  12.    #32  
    I noticed this, but it only happens with a full restart, not with a LUNA restart.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  13.    #33  
    I would love to see one that just says:

webOS

and glows.
    What format? Touchpad, Pre3 or 'other' Pres?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Hey there checkmate, great design and it definitely shows respect to former Palm!
    I got the Pre3 AT&T Unlocked and would like to know how to get ride of the AT&T splashscreen? I don't like my phone tainted by the logo
    That initial splash screen image (1st turn on device) is not changeable easily and as far as I know, not 'viewable' through file explorers such as JR's Internalz. The "boot logo" is really only for the luna boot phase (which is why a luna restart only shows the new "boot logo")

The only time I was able to change that initial splash logo was actually not my doing; but was part of the Pre(-) Meta-doctor 2.1 process.
    Love it! Thanks
    It might be easy to change the initial splash image if the meta-doctor had the ability of only flashing the boot files and not the OS itself.
    Hey Checkmate, I took the liberty (I hope you don't mind) of remaking them for use on the Pixi devices. With your permission, I'd like to include it in my work-in-progress skin.

Here they are.

Thanks for your work!
    checkmate likes this.
    Will those work (e.g. sized properly) for a Veer?
    i stole (er aquired from google images) some massive yin/yang images and messed around with them for an overly large boot logo.

gotta see who what other $rand images i can mess up.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast