webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Themes > Dark Glass (TM)
Dark Glass (TM)
Like Tree7Likes

Old 10/28/2011, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Dark Glass ist now Theme Manager compatible.

Pre/Pre+/Pre2 2.1.0 Version:
org.michote.dark-glass-pre.zip

Pre2 2.2.4 Version:
org.michote.dark-glass-pre2.zip

Veer Version:
org.michote.dark-glass-veer.zip

Pre3 Version:
org.michote.dark-glass-pre3.zip

Touchpad Version:
org.michote.dark-glass-touchpad.zip

Feedback is always welcome!

---

Legacy Pre Version

---

created using and
Attached Images
File Type: png Pre3.png (84.0 KB, 1676 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Veer.png (41.9 KB, 1647 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Touchpad.png (388.0 KB, 1717 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by michote; 04/26/2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: added pre2-version
michote is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Yellowhammer, xandros9, HelloNNNewman and 3 others like this.
Old 10/28/2011, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

i haz the tp version, v tidy, onyl thing i dislike is the keyboard reskin, think im just 2 used to the normal one which i find q appealing, id probably prefer the exact same keyboard images only er, darker.

awesome theme tho, and theme manager looks very promising as well.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2011, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Sorry, but my theme doesn't theme the keyboard.
Maybe you're using Garrets Glass Effect Suite ... ?
Old 10/28/2011, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michote View Post
Sorry, but my theme doesn't theme the keyboard.
Maybe you're using Garrets Glass Effect Suite ... ?
hmm could be, they look very similar.

EDIT: yeah his is charcoal/glass effect, but man their hard to differenciate, ah well, ill grab both, if yours doesnt affect the keyboard as standard, thats all the better for me.

Time to whack this on my pre3 as well methinks.

cheers.

Last edited by geekpeter; 10/28/2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10/28/2011, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
hmm could be, they look very similar.

EDIT: yeah his is charcoal/glass effect, but man their hard to differenciate, ah well, ill grab both, if yours doesnt affect the keyboard as standard, thats all the better for me.

Time to whack this on my pre3 as well methinks.

cheers.
And you know that with theme manager you can leave out theme components like lets say the keyboard Garrett's theme has been also ported to theme manager.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2011, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
And you know that with theme manager you can leave out theme components like lets say the keyboard Garrett's theme has been also ported to theme manager.
I must be unlucky, how do you get the keyboard setting to stay unticked on the theme, when I go back to the theme and expand the options/tickboxes they all appear reticked, or am I doing it totally wrong.
Old 10/28/2011, 04:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
I must be unlucky, how do you get the keyboard setting to stay unticked on the theme, when I go back to the theme and expand the options/tickboxes they all appear reticked, or am I doing it totally wrong.
The thread for Theme Manager is here. It is most likely a bug, but I haven't seen that so can you describe what is the exact situation.

Are you pressing the select this theme button after unticking the keyboard? If you are that is selecting the whole theme again, when you select/unselect component you don't need to press the button anymore (in current version). This is about to change in next release because of the confusion, on next release the button text changes to select components when you have ticked a component and you need the button press to apply the selection.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2011, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
The thread for Theme Manager is here. It is most likely a bug, but I haven't seen that so can you describe what is the exact situation.

Are you pressing the select this theme button after unticking the keyboard? If you are that is selecting the whole theme again, when you select/unselect component you don't need to press the button anymore (in current version). This is about to change in next release because of the confusion, on next release the button text changes to select components when you have ticked a component and you need the button press to apply the selection.
I am pressing select yeah, assumed I was doing a sort of "save changes", noted, cheers :-)

another legendary app btw.
Old 11/04/2011, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

finally a Theme i like enough to change the glass effect suite!
I love how the launcher bar looks now on my pre3. Excellent job
eny2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2011, 08:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hi,
I love this theme, and wanted to install it. But i cannot access to Theme Manager (beta=closed access) and by the use of Preware the theme, when installed, does not work (i see no changes). I tried with WebOS QI as well, and it is the same.
Using both method, it asks me to install Diffstat, so i did.
My device is a Pre3
After several reboots, and install/uninstall i don't get why it is not working (i have no other themes installed).

any help?

Thanks
shlakshlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2011, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlakshlak View Post
Hi,
I love this theme, and wanted to install it. But i cannot access to Theme Manager (beta=closed access) and by the use of Preware the theme, when installed, does not work (i see no changes). I tried with WebOS QI as well, and it is the same.
Using both method, it asks me to install Diffstat, so i did.
My device is a Pre3
After several reboots, and install/uninstall i don't get why it is not working (i have no other themes installed).
This theme needs the new Theme Manager, which uses a different format than predate and QI. But the Theme Manager isn't in closed beta. You'll have to enable the betafeeds. Please read and agree to Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals.
Old 11/05/2011, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Ok, thank you for the quick answer. I'm new here, and not familiar with Linux, but i'm gonna try to follow the instructions. Just have to find the "command line"!

EDIT: Following the steps, i can't re-install Preware, QInstall do not find any application or patches, just the themes. I don't really know why because i followed the steps carefully.
Any idea?

Last edited by shlakshlak; 11/05/2011 at 10:31 AM.
shlakshlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2011, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

So if I wanted this on my Pre 2 would I use the legacy Pre version. Having the same theme on my phone/touchpad would be nice...
Stevesrjr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2011, 02:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
EDIT: Following the steps, i can't re-install Preware, QInstall do not find any application or patches, just the themes. I don't really know why because i followed the steps carefully.
Any idea?
Seems like the prewarefeeds are currently down ... try again later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
So if I wanted this on my Pre 2 would I use the legacy Pre version. Having the same theme on my phone/touchpad would be nice...
You can use the legacy version, but i'll create a Pre/Pre2 Version for TM in the next days
Old 11/06/2011, 05:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Yeah i saw that yesterday, it's working now.

Just have a question about the Linux Command, i use the utility of QI, copy paste each the first line [enter] copy paste the second [enter] and quit. But it does not seem to change anything in Preware when i reinstall it. Am i missing something in the command?

Thanks
Old 11/06/2011, 06:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Yeah i saw that yesterday, it's working now.

Just have a question about the Linux Command, i use the utility of QI, copy paste each the first line [enter] copy paste the second [enter] and quit. But it does not seem to change anything in Preware when i reinstall it. Am i missing something in the command?

Thanks
you'll have to enable the beta-app feed in preware "manage feeds" ... If all this is too complicated please wait until it's stable ...
Old 11/06/2011, 10:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Done, solved i had to do the trick one more time but it's done. Thanks for your patience! And I really like the theme, nice and simple.
Old 11/06/2011, 12:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

updated first post and added a pre/pre+/pre2 version.
Old 11/22/2011, 03:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

great theme

can i request one with straight dock for pre 3 please ( if u are free )

Thanks
Stealthghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2011, 07:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthghost View Post
great theme

can i request one with straight dock for pre 3 please ( if u are free )

Thanks
here you go:

org.michote.dark-glass-straight-pre3.zip

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0