1.    #1  
    I've tried a few themes and all they do is change wallpaper and possibly icons, I want to keep the Pre icons, keep my wallpaper, change the dial pad into black, change the launcher into black, hopefully someone will develop scrims for contacts, email etc as it was the case with the Pre.
    So, I only need launcher black or white and dial pad black or white, what do I do?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Hmmm it depends on the phone and the OS version you have, and is kinda tedious if you are doing it for the first time.

For the launcher you need to change the scrim.png and scroll-fade-bottom.png/scroll-fade-top.png on a Veer (2.1.1). You need to send the file via WOSQI to
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/

For the phone, i believe you need to change more images, since the color needs to be replaces according to what you want. You can try changing just the background image, but the rest of the buttons and spaces will look ugly. Here is the file for that:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png

To do this, you need to connect your phone with WOSQI and selecet the menu option "send file". You need to name the png file exactly like the one you are replacing (ie. name your new launcher background: scrim.png) and chose it, then write the directory (/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/), do a Luna restart and voila.
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  3.    #3  
    Well I'm not thanking you twice just cos you double posted..

Thanks, hope it'll work, I'll try soon. I have the Blackout theme installed on my '09 Pre and the background dial is black, cool, while with the Pre3 it always stays blue which kinda sucks.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    hmmm didnt post twice. There was a problem with precentral servers... I actually thought that my post didnt go through and was kinda frustrating... But feel free to thank precentral instead ;-p

anyways, if you need more help with this, just keep asking. Ive been tweaking my Veer from the very first day (same with my first pre) and am experienced with this stuff
  5.    #5  
    I've tried but can't understand where to put the scrims, in my classic Pre I had a folder containing:

contacts-scrim.png
    email-scrim.png
    messaging-scrim.png
    backup-scrim.png

How/where do I get those on the Pre3?
    Aha, it seems that you had the scrims patch installed on your pre. On your Pre3 you will need to find the images yourself. The scrims are usually under the images' app folder. Your best bet is to grab internalz, navigate to the directory and find the scrim.png file in each folder. Pay attention to the file, specially to its dimensions, it has to be the same size in pixels, else it will look odd. I recomend to create one folder called "Pre3 collected" and one "Pre3 created. The first will serve you as backup, put here all the files you "receive from device" using WOSQI. The second just to put the new files with the correct name (use different folers here too) and as backup.
    I did some research in internalz on my Veer and found out that the apps dont have the scrim images anymore, which they had on WebOS 1.4.5 as far as i remember with my Pre. So if the Pre3 doesnt have the images too i guess thats out of the window :/
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    I did some research in internalz on my Veer and found out that the apps dont have the scrim images anymore, which they had on WebOS 1.4.5 as far as i remember with my Pre. So if the Pre3 doesnt have the images too i guess thats out of the window :/
    This totally sucks, hope someone'll rectify this step back from the classic Pre.

This takes me back to my original question, we all have images we relate to and would love them to have as wallpapers and/or backgrounds, why do we need thousands of useless themes is beyond me, my old Pre had a black dial and that's all I cared about since for the rest I could put my own images as backgrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I've tried a few themes and all they do is change wallpaper and possibly icons, I want to keep the Pre icons, keep my wallpaper, change the dial pad into black, change the launcher into black, hopefully someone will develop scrims for contacts, email etc as it was the case with the Pre.
    So, I only need launcher black or white and dial pad black or white, what do I do?
    Sounds like just installing glass effects suite (alternate version) and changing your wallpaper ought to do the trick.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  10.    #10  
    I don't understand the current glass effects, I've tried many of them but they don't change a single thing to my phone.
    Well we have thousand of themes because everybody likes different things and they just modify a theme and upload it as a new one...

I, for example, like to put enphasis on icons, launcher and menus (sometimes system icons too, but thats too much work ). See the attachments and youll know what i mean.

The glass themes change the menus and launcher images only, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I don't understand the current glass effects, I've tried many of them but they don't change a single thing to my phone.
    several weeks or so ago, i uploaded a glass theme for the veer since others weren't optimized for the veer's screen size. it's on prethemer and it's called "glass hp veer" or something like that. i haven't updated it (yet) to remove the fades though. will do in the next couple of days.

also uploaded gladhander for the veer a while ago.

i plan on doing the dialer, messaging, and native app backgrounds, but it gets messy pretty quick and haven't had much time. will get around to it at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    several weeks or so ago, i uploaded a glass theme for the veer since others weren't optimized for the veer's screen size. it's on prethemer and it's called "glass hp veer" or something like that. i haven't updated it (yet) to remove the fades though. will do in the next couple of days.

also uploaded gladhander for the veer a while ago.

i plan on doing the dialer, messaging, and native app backgrounds, but it gets messy pretty quick and haven't had much time. will get around to it at some point.
    Used the gladhander theme on the wife's veer...its real nice!

Did you hear about this? Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals

It would be cool to get veer themes onto the Theme Manager platform!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    thanks for the response. i've seen tweets from sconix about it, but haven't toyed around with it yet. will take a look in a couple of days.