Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ickna11
  • 2 Post By MudShark22
  1.    #1  
    Clean (White)

I might be doing more themes similar to this one as far as the layout goes but with a slight twist (colors!).

New Keyboard: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ign-theme.html

Example:

Custom boot screen:

This theme is 100% made by me, I didn't take someone else's theme and modify it.

I do not know how to package this as a .ipk so if someone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Code:
    How to install:

1. Install Preware.
    2. Find and install Internalz Pro in Preware
    3. Open Internalz Pro, open the Internalz menu in the top left corner.
    4. Open preferences, enable Show hidden and Master mode.
    5. In Internalz Pro go to "/usr/palm/sysmgr/" 
    6. COPY the images folder to your "/media/internal/" directory (Put this somewhere safe, it is your backup!).
    7. Download Clean (White) and extract the Clean (White) folder, then put it on the TouchPad.
    8. In Internalz Pro open up the Clean (White) folder, inside will be a folder named images.
    9. Copy the images folder into "/usr/palm/sysmgr/", make sure to overwrite it!
    10. Reboot and enjoy!

Note: If you want to go back to the original, just overwrite the images folder with your backup!
    Download: Clean (White)

I will be working on this a bit more tomorrow. Will probably do a custom keyboard, matching Email, Web browser, and Music Player.

It only takes a few seconds to say thanks or post your opinion! :P
    Last edited by ickna11; 10/09/2011 at 03:59 PM.
    smilingn likes this.
    This theme looks really nice, but im totally not digging the dock. I hate for the dock to be themed, that's just me though. Lol good work keep it up!
    Nice ! Am waiting for the future webos internalz' theme manager though, before I install anything like this ^^

Really good work. It's nice to see people working on themes for the TP. I thought themes would be left into oblivion !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  5.    #5  
    New keyboard added.
    I just downloaded, and the keyboard looks the same to me.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    can we get a version of this theme without the dock modifications plz,
    coz this theme looks pretty cool
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    like the theme but would love to a more transparent Verizon If you could
    ickna11:

Would it be possible to repack your zip along these lines?
    Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals

It would be cool to have another TP theme for the new Theme Manager app!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    DrGonzo6o and fahed2000 like this.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    +1 for MudShark22 idea
    Please repack for touchpad.
    Thanks
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    Jason R. has re-released his theme builder app which includes support for converting 'old school' zip themes into new format: http://forums.precentral.net/3234198-post259.html
    I am always hesitant about themes because they create a hassle with updating to a new version of webos. But your theme is really REALLY nice and I am sorely tempted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I am always hesitant about themes because they create a hassle with updating to a new version of webos. But your theme is really REALLY nice and I am sorely tempted.
    Theme Manager is designed to be OTA compliant and as such, the themes it applies are also OTA compliant. Get the scoop here: Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    i take that to mean this is not one of those themes? for some reason that link doesn't open anything for me.
    Maybe time for Themers to sync with 'Theme Manager'???

Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    i take that to mean this is not one of those themes? for some reason that link doesn't open anything for me.
    You could install this theme in the manner that the theme creator stated.
    I am just commenting that themes built with TM will be OTA safe.
    It appears that webos-internals.org is not functioning right now. Probably maintenance.
    I'm getting this error from Internalz when trying to copy images folder:

/bin/sh: syntax error unexpected "("

anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ognen View Post
    I'm getting this error from Internalz when trying to copy images folder:

/bin/sh: syntax error unexpected "("

anyone?
    Rename the "Clean (White)" folder into "CleanWhite" or something with the "()'s"

Then try it again, it should work.