Replaced Lock

More to come...

Beta2
    Buuf app icons
    Blue Glowing HP logo
    Yellow highlights...
    Transparent launcher
    Custom WiFi symbols
    Wallpaper included but you can have what ever yo want.

More to come...

Beta1
    Added Buuf system setting icons.
    Enhanced some batt
    Yellow notification text

More to come...

Buuf theme.zip beta2

Buuf is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
    Last edited by Dingchow; 10/10/2011 at 05:58 PM.
    docnas#AC, c000 and smilingn like this.
  2.    #2  

Buuf theme.zip beta2

Buuf is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
    Last edited by Dingchow; 10/10/2011 at 05:57 PM.
    The launcher-bg.png file is from my theme... :/
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ickna11 View Post
    The launcher-bg.png file is from my theme... :/
    Could be. I was looking at it. Its just a transparent layer. I made a few of different opacity's but like this one.
  5.    #5  
    Updated on Sept 22

Do you people like it? Any comments?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Looks excellent! I'm not usually down with the buuf, but cool to see a nice professional looking theme!
    Thank you for stealing more of my files and not giving me credit!
    You literally took my files and added them to "your" theme.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i'm a huge fan of mattahan and his work
  9.    #9  
    Fair enough
    Took 10 mins and made new ones. They will be in the next one.
  10.    #10  

Too colorful?
    I think that keyboard looks killer! forgive my utter noobness but how do I install this killer theme? Ive read the sticky for installing a theme and I'm just lost could someone help me out? I'm pretty skilled with android and slightly with linux but webos, even though its essentialy linux is a new world to me. thanks guys
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingchow View Post

Too colorful?
    Woah, hehe. I would say yes, a little bit. But looks cool :-) wait, did u get the background to be transparent? Or is that just the gradient png behind it? (viewing on my phone now).

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Followed the Read-Me to the letter, ended up with the same default icons and a grey background that can't be changed.

Edit:

Fixed the icons/HP boot screen, but had to use Copy, not Move, in Internalz Pro.

Background is still grey and does not change. Still no transparency on the background, launcher window or drop-down menus.
    Last edited by Richard Mongler; 09/27/2011 at 10:29 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by oxlong27 View Post
    I think that keyboard looks killer! forgive my utter noobness but how do I install this killer theme? Ive read the sticky for installing a theme and I'm just lost could someone help me out? I'm pretty skilled with android and slightly with linux but webos, even though its essentialy linux is a new world to me. thanks guys
    Their is 2 ways
    *.ipk which is like a installer (theme has to uninstalled before another can be installed)
    *.zip where you move the files to the correct location (manual install)

Zip is just moving the folders in the zip to the correct locations on the device.
    So this theme has these folders:
    etc
    cyrtofs
    lib
    palm
    wallpaper

Your touchpad also has these folders which are in another folder except for etc which in the root of the drive
    /etc
    /media/crytofs
    /usr/lib
    /usr/palm

If you copy the theme folders to \media\internals from PC with explorer.
    Go into Internalz app go into /media/internal
    =MOVE etc folder to / YES to overwrite
    -Go back to /media/internal and MOVE crytofs folder to /media YES to overwrite
    -Go back to /media/internal and MOVE libs folder to /usr YES to overwrite
    -Go back to /media/internal and MOVE palm folder to /usr YES to overwrite
    -Go back to /media/internal and MOVE wallpaper folder to /

Resart luma or restart touchpad

Quote Originally Posted by decalex
    Woah, hehe. I would say yes, a little bit. But looks cool :-) wait, did u get the background to be transparent? Or is that just the gradient png behind it? (viewing on my phone now).
    I tried but it just goes solid black with a transparent background.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mongler
    Followed the Read-Me to the letter, ended up with the same default icons and a grey background that can't be changed.
    Hmmmm.... Read above and see if thats what you did. Then check usr folder on your touchpad and see if their is a usr folder inside the usr folder or a palm folder inside the palm folder...see what i'am getting at?
    Hmmmm.... Read above and see if thats what you did. Then check usr folder on your touchpad and see if their is a usr folder inside the usr folder or a palm folder inside the palm folder...see what i'am getting at?
    Everything was in the correct folders. I'm familiar with Internalz Pro.

Anyway, I ended up Doctor'ing it instead of manually checking every backup folder. It seemed to me like the transparencies weren't working on the .png files for backgrounds, everything was totally opaque.
  16.    #16  
    This one better? Anyone want?

smilingn likes this.
  17.    #17  
    This one better? Anyone want?

Click to view quoted image
    Updated Oct 5
    I've had people change one image from several of my complete Pre themes, then upload, rename and ask for donations...it's ridiculous and uncool. This is NOT OPEN SOURCE people...if you like an image that you did not create yourself, you must ask the creator if it is ok to use the image prior to adding it to your theme!!! There is no excuse. And always give credit where credit is due. It may take me hours to create what seems like a simple image...and to have someone just rip it off without so much as a "thank You" is beyond unacceptable. It's not a free for all. There are codes to follow and ethics to adhere to. Let's all try to be respectful and do the right thing, which is simply to ask before using. Period. Some folks couldn't care less, but others it's a slap in the face. Be considerate.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    bugdry likes this.
    Why don't ya put this up on preware? YOu could upload each file on prethemer.com and it will create both a zip and .ipk, Right?

question: what does etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf and luna-platform.conf do exactly?
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/05/2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I've had people change one image from several of my complete Pre themes, then upload, rename and ask for donations...it's ridiculous and uncool. This is NOT OPEN SOURCE people...if you like an image that you did not create yourself, you must ask the creator if it is ok to use the image prior to adding it to your theme!!! There is no excuse. And always give credit where credit is due. It may take me hours to create what seems like a simple image...and to have someone just rip it off without so much as a "thank You" is beyond unacceptable. It's not a free for all. There are codes to follow and ethics to adhere to. Let's all try to be respectful and do the right thing, which is simply to ask before using. Period. Some folks couldn't care less, but others it's a slap in the face. Be considerate.
    It was a mistake.... relax!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast