Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jake_M
  • 4 Post By anon(4869668)
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Can I install themes on my touchpad? It sucks staring at the blue screen all the time?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    If you've installed Preware, you can install themes. Or you can use pictures that you loaded or taken and make that your wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    Can I install themes on my touchpad? It sucks staring at the blue screen all the time?
    What blue screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    the default screen is blue. how do I make pics the wallpaper, it doesn't even come with any apps for the camera on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    the default screen is blue. how do I make pics the wallpaper, it doesn't even come with any apps for the camera on it.
    Bottom right Arrow Button -> Apps -> Photos and Videos -> Tap photo you want to make it full size -> tap the bottom right button and choose "Set as Wallpaper".
    get the free app called InterfaceliftHD for some great photo wallpaper.
    get the free app..

or search on it..

there's a lot of it where u can you choose..
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    get the free app called InterfaceliftHD for some great photo wallpaper.
    Agreed. I love this app. Just wish it had more slots for favorites. I use it to have the same wallpaper on both my Pre2 and Touchpad. Slick looking.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Did you not mess with it at all? It comes with several wallpapers by default. Teach a man to fish...
    I've tried a few themes and the wallpaper ends up being just a small box in the middle of the screen instead of the whole screen. I admit I've not looked for an option to change this yet, though. Has anybody had different results?
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've tried a few themes and the wallpaper ends up being just a small box in the middle of the screen instead of the whole screen. I admit I've not looked for an option to change this yet, though. Has anybody had different results?
    It's probably because they are Pre themes. I think there is only one touchpad theme, the glass effects one.
    I'm working on creating some Touchpad themes, & porting my old ones over, & should be able to fix the size of the wallpapers. I think its going to come down to manually editing the theme zips & re-uploading them, could be a lot worse tho.
    Are you on version 3.0.2 or 3.0.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Wallpaper switcheroo lite is a free very nice app. From HP app catalog.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Did you not mess with it at all? It comes with several wallpapers by default. Teach a man to fish...
    I have been messing with it and just looked again, I don't see any display settings let alone wallpapers in stock locations. I just figured out how to add the themes to the preware feed so that might help. I would love to eat for a day but if you teach me how to find this I can eat for a lifetime. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    here's a tip to get round that, open the offending picture that keeps ending up being small and take a Screen shot of it by pressing the middle button and the power button, then find the screen captures folder in the photos app and save that as wallpaper. Works like a charm.
    Make sure you are running the latest version of webOS (3.0.2) and in the Photo's app, open one of the pictures you would like to set as wallpaper and select the icon in the lower right corner of the screen (looks like several horizontal lines). Select "set as wallpaper" and you're all set!
    I'm trying to install the saints theme at this link: New Orleans Saints | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

I have already downloaded it to my computer and dragged it over to my touchpad. I have preware installed but I can't figure out how to install the theme on the touchpad. Can anyone help me out with this? TIA
    if you have Preware installed you can do it straight from there, you just need to turn on the theming feeds first. or to install from your comp use WEBOS Quick Install.
  20. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    The wallpapers here ipad Wallpaper HD | High definition ipad wallpapers and ipad2 wallpapers - thousands of ipad,ipad2,iphone and ipod touch wallpapers avaliable to download free - ipad wallpaper hd.com is what I've been using & look great on the TouchPad. A lot of variety. Just choose the iPad size and you'll be all set.
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD