Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    I want to make some themes for the Touchpad. I have experience making themes for the Sony PSP, PS3, Blackberries and such. I have downloaded the WebOS theme builder. IS there a list of file locations and image sizes that I can refer to when constructing a theme? Also Is this theme builder the right one for making Touchpad themes?

Thanks
    There does not seem to be a whole lot of interest in doing themes. I replaced some of the stock icons on mine, fairly simple, and it doesn't seem to care a whole lot about image sizes. Very tedious though doing it manually.

I suggest finding an existing TouchPad theme and learning from that.
  3.    #3  
    i cannot find any touchpad themes. how did you do it manually?
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdry View Post
    i cannot find any touchpad themes. how did you do it manually?
    Use internalz.

I don't remember the exact locations, something like /usr/palm/applications/...

The icon that shows up in the app tray is usually called icon.png

I copy my new icon to the directory, rename the old one icon.png.bak (so I can easily change it back), rename the new icon icon.png, restart luna and you should see your new icon.

That's the basics.
    I've got a theme ready, but can't figure out how to get it into the .ipk format. PreThemer keeps creating empty files when I upload the theme. I'll see if I can list out the known image locations for you later on.
    ariker01 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    awesome thanks for the help. haha i wish there was a nice theme program for the webOS like there is for blackberries. Oh well maybe in the future haha

cant find any icon files on my touchpad...do i need preware onm my touchpad first??
    Preware, install Internalz and use that to browse around and what not.

I can't find where the arrow is. I wish you could just get rid of it and put another app there.

bugdry likes this.
  8.    #8  
    thanks i will try that tonite. I cant wait to do some themes for the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've got a theme ready, but can't figure out how to get it into the .ipk format. PreThemer keeps creating empty files when I upload the theme. I'll see if I can list out the known image locations for you later on.
    I've been trying to figure out how to make a theme fit for the TPad too. Can't believe football season is a week away.

Too bad PreThemer probably won't be modified to support the tablets as well.
    War Eagle!
    Is there a list anywhere of only Touchpad themes? I found [Touchpad] Glass Effect Suite and it works great but it's tedious trying to find unique TP only themes in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyB7 View Post
    Is there a list anywhere of only Touchpad themes? I found [Touchpad] Glass Effect Suite and it works great but it's tedious trying to find unique TP only themes in Preware.
    that's the only theme available right now. I'm working on one, I have experience theming android, but webOS is just soooo easy
    sledge007 likes this.
  12.    #12  
    ok, i am having trouble getting the preware up and running. I have checked all the wiki stuff. I dont have a pre phone. Can i get some pointers? I will be making the themes on a Windows 7 machine and installing them on the touchpad.

I am probably missing somethign obvious. Sorry for that. Bear with me, i am new to WebOS.

Thanks
    Last edited by bugdry; 08/29/2011 at 11:17 AM.
  13.    #13  
    ok, i finally got preware on my touchpad. haha Working on figuring out how to do the themes now.

oh and to HOBBZ...ROLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!! haha
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Use internalz.

I don't remember the exact locations, something like /usr/palm/applications/...

The icon that shows up in the app tray is usually called icon.png

I copy my new icon to the directory, rename the old one icon.png.bak (so I can easily change it back), rename the new icon icon.png, restart luna and you should see your new icon.

That's the basics.
    Am I missing something? When I try to copy something with Internalz, I seem to be restricted to a very few directories, and definitely not including the one I want to copy to.

Permissions problem perhaps?

What I am trying to do is to change the name under the "Developer Mode" icon (mainly to see if I can, but also because it's now called "DeveloperMode", and the final 'e' is annoyingly on the second line by itself).

I figured I'd edit the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.webinternals.orig, but it won't open in a text editor unless I move it (sent it to downloads and modified the icon name). Now I can't seem to copy it back using Internalz.

Any ideas?

All it
    we need a touch buuf theme def love to have one made.
  16.    #16  
    ok, i fiound teh icons with internalz. i have some icons ready, but when i try to get to it from the pc i can find the folders on the touchpad i need to get to. i have hidden files showing up, but it is like it is blocked by a firewall or something. How do I get to the icons from a pc? Or do i have to use internalz for that too? If som how?

Thanks
    @beardedspoon with the Pre's that was one thing that could never be changed....the launch arrow....sorry

(who knows maybe with the influx of people from other OS's....magic can occur)

@bugdry what you can do, is hook your TouchPad up with the USB. and just move the files into the folder (media/internal) that opens up when you put it into USB MODE.

Move all your icons into that folder/subfolder whatever...then with Internals, move them around to the exact locations that you want. Hope that helps
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
    What I am trying to do is to change the name under the "Developer Mode" icon (mainly to see if I can, but also because it's now called "DeveloperMode", and the final 'e' is annoyingly on the second line by itself).

I figured I'd edit the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.webinternals.orig, but it won't open in a text editor unless I move it (sent it to downloads and modified the icon name). Now I can't seem to copy it back using Internalz.
    Never mind! Figured it out. It was a permissions problem, and I found the file I needed to change (appinfo.json). Now my Dev Mode icon label looks exactly as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
    Never mind! Figured it out. It was a permissions problem, and I found the file I needed to change (appinfo.json). Now my Dev Mode icon label looks exactly as it should.
    Good call, I didn't really notice it until your post pointed it out. Had to fix ASAP.
  20.    #20  
    ok, this is where I am in the process of making a theme. i have a bunch of icons ready. I have re coloured and textured etc a cunch of the other images from the touchpad such as teh keyboard and stuff. The problem I have run into is that the icons are under the /usr/palm/applications.......... where as when i use internalz to copy the new icon files from a folder i put in the /media/internal folder it will not let me get to /usr/palm/applications. When i back up completely through the folders all i have to start at are:

/media/cryptofs/apps
    /media/internal
    /var

Am I not supposed to overwrite the default icons?

Thanks
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast