Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdry View Post
    ok, this is where I am in the process of making a theme. i have a bunch of icons ready. I have re coloured and textured etc a cunch of the other images from the touchpad such as teh keyboard and stuff. The problem I have run into is that the icons are under the /usr/palm/applications.......... where as when i use internalz to copy the new icon files from a folder i put in the /media/internal folder it will not let me get to /usr/palm/applications. When i back up completely through the folders all i have to start at are:

    /media/cryptofs/apps
    /media/internal
    /var


    Am I not supposed to overwrite the default icons?

    Thanks
    In preferences, switch "Master Mode" to on. This will let you modify the contents of those other folders.
  2. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdry View Post
    The problem I have run into is that the icons are under the /usr/palm/applications.......... where as when i use internalz to copy the new icon files from a folder i put in the /media/internal folder it will not let me get to /usr/palm/applications. When i back up completely through the folders all i have to start at are:

    /media/cryptofs/apps
    /media/internal
    /var

    Am I not supposed to overwrite the default icons?
    Internalz - Preferences - Master Mode - Be careful, then go back out of Master Mode.
  3.    #23  
    is there a way to do this through windows explorer instead? its very tedious to move each icon and image by itself.
  4. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdry View Post
    is there a way to do this through windows explorer instead? its very tedious to move each icon and image by itself.
    I don't know of any way to get the files into any of the directories except those under /media. You can get them to those directories by use of the USB mode (selected when you plug in the USB cable), or with TBTransfer (download/install using Preware). The only way I know of to get them where you want is with Internalz. You might want to check out Gemini, which has a two-panel screen. I haven't used it, so I don't know if it will transfer to the applications directory.
  5.    #25  
    which icon files anm i supposed top be replacing. soo need a script for all this haha. Anyone know if the 'theme builder' will be updated to work with the Touchpad?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. #26  
    Digging around, I found where you can (maybe) customize the lock screen.

    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ has images for various components of the lock screen (clock digits, padlock, etc.) It looks like it would be very easy (but tedious) to do some customizing. I might give it a try if I'm feeling ambitious.

    Update: Beginning of new lockscreen

    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/10/2011 at 09:26 PM.
  7.    #27  
    my lockscreen...hehe still working on it too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdry View Post
    my lockscreen...hehe still working on it too.
    Nice.

    Are you moving your images manually using internalz?
  9.    #29  
    yes I am using internals. I am kinda doing it manually. Here is the process I am following.

    1. Using internals, copy folder 'images' from usr/palm,sysmgr to internal/media.
    2. Using internals, copy folder 'applications' from usr/palm to internal/media.
    3. Copy both folders through USB to pc.
    4. Delete all but the PNG files in the folders.
    5. Copy folders as a backup.
    6. Use Photoshop to customise images.
    7. Photoshop actions to automate images to folders.
    8. Copy images and application folders with all sub folders back to touchpad through USB.
    9. Using internals copy both top folders back to original location.
    10. Restart Luna

    DONE!
  10.    #30  
    The application icons are mostly not mine. I found them on deviantart. The wallpaper is a temporary one till I make my own. I have attached a couple screenshots my progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bugdry; 09/11/2011 at 10:54 AM.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdry View Post
    The application icons are mostly not mine. I found them on deviantart. The wallpaper is a temporary one till I make my own. I have attached a couple screenshots my progress.
    Looks good. I find that launcher arrow icon all over the place and have replaced everyone I've found with a custom icon and it still loads that arrow. ARgh.

  12.    #32  
    have you found the main boot up screen images? I have changed the luna ones, cant find the others. To change the fonts, say on the eyboard. Is that thru the css files? Also I want to change the fonts everywhere on the touchpad haha. i also changed the battery icon, i like it much more now but i need to make it metallic now too. haha
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugdry View Post
    have you found the main boot up screen images? I have changed the luna ones, cant find the others. To change the fonts, say on the eyboard. Is that thru the css files? Also I want to change the fonts everywhere on the touchpad haha. i also changed the battery icon, i like it much more now but i need to make it metallic now too. haha
    What I've been doing is replacing fonts in the share folder and seeing if anything changes. I think I changed the font in the dropdown menus, but I'm not sure. I don't remember what it looked like before.

    No idea about the main boot up images, I've been obsessed with replacing the damn arrow shortcut icon.

    edit:

    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/11/2011 at 04:27 PM.
  14. #34  
    Use this forum for info so much lately thought I should reg.

    Does the icons look familiar?



    Trying to move it to WebOS. Added a diff WiFi icon.
    beardedspoooon likes this.
  15. #35  
    launcher icon is located in usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/quicklaunch-button-launcher.PNG

    it is one PNG file for the default and the overlay.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah4 View Post
    launcher icon is located in usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/quicklaunch-button-launcher.PNG

    it is one PNG file for the default and the overlay.
    I'll test that out once I get to work. I could have sworn I tried that one...

    Some notes about changing fonts: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3149332
    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/12/2011 at 10:34 AM.
  17. #37  
    Launcher changed worked
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #38  
    Going to work on changing the icons for wifi and what not once I find where I can change the color of the font in the status bar. Check mark shows up when you tap the button.





    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/12/2011 at 08:03 PM.
  19. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #39  
    looks like the boot up images are in:

    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/hp-logo.png
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/hp-logo-bright.png

    They're only 200x200 px , so, not sure which is the background png behind it (yet).
  20. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #40  
    Btw, there's gotta be a way to push and pull from the file system (connected by usb). I'm super new to webOS, but I know I've seen instructions somewhere that refer to 'cp' commands to copy files from computer to Touchpad's system. (Versus the Internalz Pro method).

    Edit.. here's a screencap of the images folder for quick ref..
    I've modded a couple of the images, but nothing that makes the originals unrecognizable.

    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/



    lol. sorry for the big *** image just making sure u can read the names.
    Last edited by decalex; 09/13/2011 at 02:20 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions