Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm not unfamiliar with Preware, Quickinstall and everything, and have used them for everything with no problems. I have installed themes many times before, from both Precentral and Prethemer, and even using rawzips and Quickinstall 2.9. I am slowly designing a theme, and cannot use Prethemer because they royally screw up my zip files, and i don't like that. I need Precentral.

But Precentral as of late seems to be not allowing me to do much. Certainly, I can download my theme on my local machine, but I want the public to be able to access it as well. Right now though, only 96 themes show up in Preware and Quickinstall, and Zip files cannot even be downloaded from Precentral it seems, due to some error with the login validation.

So how can I do this? How can I install a theme from Precentral at this point? I imagine everyone is having these problems, as 4 separate webos devices I have tried have the same 96 themes available, and people in the comments for my theme are expressing that they cannot download the theme. What is the solution here? Thank you for your assistance.
    Prethemer.com is down that is why there are a lot less themes available and why u get an error message when loading feeds via preware. You can turn off the feed in preferences, its been down for days. although I hope it comes back

precentral should work fine they only have 96 themes. prethemer had well over a couple thousand.
    how can you add a theme to precentral?
    Last edited by stinkyfischer; 07/13/2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    If you look at the precentral feed themes gallery on the site, you will see new themes that are not in the theme. Search mine for example, 8-bit. It is not in there. Nor are any others since I believe September 2010 or so.

As for Prethemer, I do understand it is down, but I am okay with that, as I don't use them, since they reformat the files I upload.

In order to add a theme to Precentral you have to contact an admin to get themer privileges, it's not just a sign up and upload like Prethemer.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Just bumping, anyone have any ideas?