Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ryancell
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to spice up the oem 2.1 HP Boot Logo, simple but from black/white logo that fades into a blue logo w/ a white glow. Hopefully others like it too.

You'll have to rename the logos accordingly for 2.1 to hp-logo.png & hp-logo-bright.png & put them in the /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

If you dont know how to do this: Patch webOS Boot Themes - WebOS Internals
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RyanCell; 04/29/2011 at 02:38 PM.
    yorxs and xandros9 like this.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone try these yet? I think they should have used this instead of the gray flashing logo. They needed some color.
    These do look nice....I have been thinking of replacing my boot logos.
    Quick question:

- Is there a way to have a different logo for 'shutdown' than 'startup'? IIRC, there was a method, but perhaps I am mistaken.

- Is the "glow" added by the phone? Or does the "glow" need to be in the image already and its the 'fade between' that produces the effect?

TIA!

- Thomas

EDIT: Found the answer re: startup and shutdown logos
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I use these for my TP startup . Has a nice TARDIS fade-out effect for you Doctor Who fans. TARDIS is tilted so it looks nice in portrait or landscape orientation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I wanted to spice up the oem 2.1 HP Boot Logo, simple but from black/white logo that fades into a blue logo w/ a white glow. Hopefully others like it too.

You'll have to rename the logos accordingly for 2.1 to hp-logo.png & hp-logo-bright.png & put them in the /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

If you dont know how to do this: Patch webOS Boot Themes - WebOS Internals
    Just wanted to express my thanks for the boot logos. I have always thought the logo should be blue while watching the bootup. Just found this post today and love the results.