Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    (WebOS 2.x Pre/2 only)

This is my first full theme... I'm sure I've missed some stuff, so please let me know when you find something that needs to be adjusted. I will be continually adding new things to this theme.

Despite relying on 16 patches to get the job done, compatibility with all other patches should be near 100%.

Useful Links:
    CarbonOS - PreThemer
    CarbonOS - Choorp Studios

Screenshots:
    (Note: In newer versions of CarbonOS, the statusbar and corner images are solid black...)

Many more screenshots can be found here: CarbonOS Screenshots - Choorp Studios

I installed this theme on a Pixi Emulator and some of the images weren't lining up correctly. I might have to make a separate version for you Pixi users...

Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/27/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Boy, for a guy who doesn't even own a Palm right now, you are prolific!

Thanks once again for your awesome contributions! You put out some incredible stuff.

(BTW, you call this your first full theme. What about your Glass Effect themes?)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Boy, for a guy who doesn't even own a Palm right now, you are prolific!

Thanks once again for your awesome contributions! You put out some incredible stuff.

(BTW, you call this your first full theme. What about your Glass Effect themes?)
    They're themes, but they don't do too much. CarbonOS is a much bigger project. lol
    It looks like this theme suffers from the same problem that your Glass Effect themes do, which is that the menus in the built-in apps get themed, but non-built-in apps do not.

And by the way, this theme is absolutely gorgeous. Very, very nicely done.

Personally, I am a fan of a black top bar (makes it seem to disappear into the phone), and I like the black rounded corners, so if you were ever to consider a second version!? Either way, great job!
  5.    #5  
    It looks like this theme suffers from the same problem that your Glass Effect themes do, which is that the menus in the built-in apps get themed, but non-built-in apps do not.

And by the way, this theme is absolutely gorgeous. Very, very nicely done.

Personally, I am a fan of a black top bar (makes it seem to disappear into the phone), and I like the black rounded corners, so if you were ever to consider a second version!? Either way, great job!
    Yea, I need to look into that. Kinda lame that webOS uses multiple images for basically the same thing... lol

I may consider a second version eventually. For now, I'll be focusing on improving this one. I also need to figure out what to do for Pixi users...

And thanks! Glad you think it looks good. Definitely needs some improvement though (imo)...
    hey garrett lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey garrett lol
    Heya Shane! lol
    I agree.. Theme looks nice, but the top bar and the grey corners aren't doing it for me
    but wow I love the dock
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I agree.. Theme looks nice, but the top bar and the grey corners aren't doing it for me
    Hmm. What would you guys think about getting rid of the corners completely?
    You can do it Garrett92c
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You can do it Garrett92c
    What can I do?? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm. What would you guys think about getting rid of the corners completely?
    Do you mean you'd make them square? I think it would look better than it does now, but I kinda like the rounded, black corners. Matches the shape of the cards in card view. Keeps the whole card metaphor throughout. I think it adds a differentiator vs the other OSes (i.e. iOS, Android).
  14.    #14  
    Do you mean you'd make them square? I think it would look better than it does now, but I kinda like the rounded, black corners. Matches the shape of the cards in card view. Keeps the whole card metaphor throughout. I think it adds a differentiator vs the other OSes (i.e. iOS, Android).
    Yea, it would remove them completely... I'll make some screenshots.
  15.    #15  
    Hmm. Makes the Just Type bar look out of place...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    well you could square the just type bar.
  17.    #17  
    It would also make non-themed apps look a bit off...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    And all the other apps that use rounded elements at the top
    so i just installed this, and I gotta say, I love the way it looks. Great job on making it look good and super easy to install.

The only problem ive had so far is that when I'm in a call, the keypad turns invisible.
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    so i just installed this, and I gotta say, I love the way it looks. Great job on making it look good and super easy to install.

The only problem ive had so far is that when I'm in a call, the keypad turns invisible.
    wow i would say that an issue lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast