Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Garrett, did you take out the messaging theme altogether? Mines oem now it seems, and email theme has a purple highlighted bg for email over black text, didn't go to original. Wonder if because I edited that one message bg it goofed it up or if you just changed it? I I edited the one messaging bg and put brightness up like 80% and it staggered the sent & received nicely .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    No, the Messaging app should be the same as it was (besides the drop down background when making a new message).

The Email app has a purple background? This theme doesn't even touch the Email app yet... I really doubt that changing that one image would do anything like this... I'll look into this issue. Can anyone else confirm that this is happening?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Garrett, did you take out the messaging theme altogether? Mines oem now it seems, and email theme has a purple highlighted bg for email over black text, didn't go to original. Wonder if because I edited that one message bg it goofed it up or if you just changed it? I I edited the one messaging bg and put brightness up like 80% and it staggered the sent & received nicely .

Same, messenger looks oem, top bar is all screwy as well.
  3.    #123  
    This is what happens when I do stuff when I'm sick... lol.

CarbonOS updated to 1.1.5 fixes the Messaging app and gets rid of the currently unneeded statusbar patches...

Still looking into the Email app issue...
    Heres a screen cap of the dialer pin pad with the bottom dark buttons & the email app w/ the purple background and black text.

Also I changed the messaging right image to be lighter and it looks pretty good staggered in color...You can use this, or users can download this one and swap this image for the chat-balloon-right.png in the .carbonos messaging folder in usb mode if they want. Up to you/them. I just like the staggered colors to reader it easier myself.

Dont over do it if your sick! Great work either way.

Thanks
    -Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RyanCell; 04/21/2011 at 08:17 PM.
    i hear good things garrett !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    This is what happens when I do stuff when I'm sick... lol.

CarbonOS updated to 1.1.5 fixes the Messaging app and gets rid of the currently unneeded statusbar patches...

Still looking into the Email app issue...
    Strange. I didn't have either of those issues.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Strange. I didn't have either of those issues.
    Well you should have... lol. The Messaging app was looking in the wrong place place for the css files. It should be fixed now though! lol
    Well you should have... lol. The Messaging app was looking in the wrong place place for the css files. It should be fixed now though! lol
    I saw your update on the way home (the one that removed the styling from the messaging app), I applied it, restarted and it look like the stock one. I've been in an out of email numerous times... still looks fine to me...

As a matter of fact, have been using the two for the past few minutes even and have not yet went to the latest (where you said you fixed it).... not sure, but whatever you did I am sure it was good.

PM coming your way too.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9.    #129  
    I saw your update on the way home (the one that removed the styling from the messaging app), I applied it, restarted and it look like the stock one. I've been in an out of email numerous times... still looks fine to me...

As a matter of fact, have been using the two for the past few minutes even and have not yet went to the latest (where you said you fixed it).... not sure, but whatever you did I am sure it was good.

PM coming your way too.
    The latest update just fixed the Messaging app... Now that I understand what he was talking about, I'm gonna fix that one Email image in the next one. lol
    The latest update just fixed the Messaging app... Now that I understand what he was talking about, I'm gonna fix that one Email image in the next one. lol
    You may want to take a peak at the messaging one again too.
    With the recent one with the messaging fixes, when tapping a conversation in the conversation view, the rounded corners get sq'd and turn white when "depressed/tapped". Not sure if you see that on the em or not, but it goes to fast for me to take a screen capture.

Thanks.

11.    #131  
    You may want to take a peak at the messaging one again too.
    With the recent one with the messaging fixes, when tapping a conversation in the conversation view, the rounded corners get sq'd and turn white when "depressed/tapped". Not sure if you see that on the em or not, but it goes to fast for me to take a screen capture.

Thanks.
    No, I get what you mean. I just saw it... I think I'm just going to wait til tomorrow to make the update. I keep screwing everything up today for some reason... lol
    No, I get what you mean. I just saw it... I think I'm just going to wait til tomorrow to make the update. I keep screwing everything up today for some reason... lol
    Take a shot of some strong stuff, get some rest and hit it hard when your feeling better. Don't string out your health issues just to satisfy us.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Messaging app

1) has no cursor up top (contact area)
    2) Can't see text when typing up top(contact area)
    3)If you started typing a message before entering a contact and when you finish you tap up top.. The message text disappears (it actually turns white) zoom into any of my screenshots and you can see the text is there its just white)

I noticed in some cases after an update i found a full restart rather than luna fixed my visual issues.
    I noticed in some cases after an update i found a full restart rather than luna fixed my visual issues.
    nope.. Didn't fix..

Just a reminder that there are some app menus that don't get themed.

Also, when on a call, it's difficult to see which of the large buttons at the bottom of the screen (Speaker, Mute, Key Pad, Add Call) have been selected. There isn't enough of a difference between selected and not-selected, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Just a reminder that there are some app menus that don't get themed.

Also, when on a call, it's difficult to see which of the large buttons at the bottom of the screen (Speaker, Mute, Key Pad, Add Call) have been selected. There isn't enough of a difference between selected and not-selected, in my opinion.
    I forgot to mention that as well regarding the buttons at the bottom during a call. It is pretty hard to see the differences in what is selected on the phone.

I applied the most recent update and the launcher backgrounds not showing, it just has a shadow on the top by the bar under the launcher titles.
    Got the recent update like RyanCell and the Backgrounds in the launcher are gone
    Bye the way what are the changes to last release?
    Just installed 1.2. Looks like you solved the menu issue! Yay!

Now the launcher background looks like the webOS 2.x default. And the large buttons in the Phone app do too. Was that the intention?