Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ok, updated CarbonOS to 1.1.0. Here is what I changed:

- Fixed those blue buttons in the Phone app
    - Changed the PIN lock screen to the carbon background
    - Brought the black corners back
    - Changed the statusbar background to black

I'd do more, but I'm still sick.
    Much much better with the black in the topbar, eh... I mean statusbar...
    The black looks great. It makes the launcher pages really pop.

Pin Unlock
    -The pin unlock screen still has the bottom row a lot darker than the rest..

Just Type/Launcher Bar (on main screen)
    -Not sure if this would be wanted or not, but could that carbon look to them if a different wallpaper is selected so that they pop a bit more. (I am thinking along the lines of the how it's done with this theme?)

Backup App
    - The text for the last backup is almost unreadable. Can that be changed to white like the rest of the text?

Other apps needing themed?
    - Contacts
    - Accounts
    - Email (main accounts view)
    - Exhibition
    - Text Assist
    - VPN
    * Basically most of the rest of the built-in Palm apps...

Otherwise awesome all around.
    Not much, but a sm. donation sent.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 04/21/2011 at 11:34 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Much much better with the black in the topbar, eh... I mean statusbar...
    The black looks great. It makes the launcher pages really pop.

Pin Unlock
    -The pin unlock screen still has the bottom row a lot darker than the rest..

Just Type/Launcher Bar (on main screen)
    -Not sure if this would be wanted or not, but could that carbon look to them if a different wallpaper is selected so that they pop a bit more. (I am thinking along the lines of the how it's done with this theme?)

Backup App
    - The text for the last backup is almost unreadable. Can that be changed to white like the rest of the text?

Other apps needing themed?
    - Contacts
    - Accounts
    - Email (main accounts view)
    - Exhibition
    - Text Assist
    - VPN
    * Basically most of the rest of the built-in Palm apps...

Otherwise awesome all around.
    Not much, but a sm. donation sent.
    Thank you.
    Updated to 1.1.1 with the Backup text fix. Now, I can't test it since I don't have a webOS phone, but that text should be white now...

I have no idea what's going on with the Pin lock screen. It displays fine for me in the Emulator... Not sure how to fix it.

I'm not entirely sure what your suggesting regarding the Just Type bar and Quick Launch... lol You mean like make them darker?

And yes, I do need to get to those other apps. Email is probably going to be the last one that gets done (I hate theming the Email app lol)

And thank you very much for the donation!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Garrett: Do I need to worry about the error message I get on install re: "Some settings could not be saved"?
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Garrett: Do I need to worry about the error message I get on install re: "Some settings could not be saved"?
    I don't think so. I've seen that message with the few other themes I've tried in the past. Not exactly sure what it means though. That's be a question for WebOS Internals I guess...
    Can you post a list of the patches you install? With 16 of 'em, it would be good for future troubleshooting (with other people's patches, of course ) to know what was installed.

Looks beautiful!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    It looks like most of the drop-down preferences menus are still default. Anybody else getting this?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Can you post a list of the patches you install? With 16 of 'em, it would be good for future troubleshooting (with other people's patches, of course ) to know what was installed.

Looks beautiful!
    Thanks!

The patches I use are pretty much guaranteed to not conflict with any other patches... But I'll still post them so you can check them out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Updated to 1.1.1 with the Backup text fix. Now, I can't test it since I don't have a webOS phone, but that text should be white now...

I have no idea what's going on with the Pin lock screen. It displays fine for me in the Emulator... Not sure how to fix it.

I'm not entirely sure what your suggesting regarding the Just Type bar and Quick Launch... lol You mean like make them darker?

And yes, I do need to get to those other apps. Email is probably going to be the last one that gets done (I hate theming the Email app lol)

And thank you very much for the donation!
    Your welcome.

As for the just type bar and quick launch, yeah I guess so. It seems with setting a wallpaper, they tend to wash out some. I don't know if you be able to apply that same bg as like the launcher pages, but use it as the bg for them or just make them a tad bit darker. Otherwise, just ignore it what I'm asking for. It was just a thought. Not a big deal.

Thanks again for the theme. I'm looking forward to see how the your statusbar stuff works itself out. Hopefully in the end it all works with Sconix's patches whether you figure that out or you both come up with something.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by btbkilla View Post
    It looks like most of the drop-down preferences menus are still default. Anybody else getting this?
    Oh yea, thanks for reminding me. I need to go track those down... WebOS 2.0 uses menu backgrounds from multiple locations for some reason.
  11.    #91  
    Your welcome.

As for the just type bar and quick launch, yeah I guess so. It seems with setting a wallpaper, they tend to wash out some. I don't know if you be able to apply that same bg as like the launcher pages, but use it as the bg for them or just make them a tad bit darker. Otherwise, just ignore it what I'm asking for. It was just a thought. Not a big deal.

Thanks again for the theme. I'm looking forward to see how the your statusbar stuff works itself out. Hopefully in the end it all works with Sconix's patches whether you figure that out or you both come up with something.
    Oh, now I get it. Yea, I can see what I can do about that.

Well right now, my statusbar patches (SWW) are being made without considering compatibility with the Advanced Menu patches. It gives me much more freedom to make much better patches. Hopefully I'll find a way to make them compatible eventually though...
    Unchanged. I tried a clean install and even full restarts. Oh well. It is not a show stopper.

13.    #93  
    Unchanged. I tried a clean install and even full restarts. Oh well. It is not a show stopper.
    Oh.

Well, I can't actually test that since I never see that text in the Emulator, so it's kinda tricky lol. I'll try again though...
  14.    #94  
    Oh wait. I think I forgot to edit the custom css file I made for the backup app... lol. Updated to CarbonOS 1.1.2. Should be fixed now.
    Oh, now I get it. Yea, I can see what I can do about that.

Well right now, my statusbar patches (SWW) are being made without considering compatibility with the Advanced Menu patches. It gives me much more freedom to make much better patches. Hopefully I'll find a way to make them compatible eventually though...
    Great. Thanks.

Np. I understand. It would seem that there could be a way to toggle between the widgets and menus in the top bar via some sort of an agreed upon gesture of sorts or something like that which would allow for such flipping between the use of yours and his patches.

Not sure exactly how that'd be accomplished, but I am sure a way will be figured out eventually. Both projects (widgets and menu patches) are very popular and it would stand to reason that something could be worked out to make them play nice.

Oh wait. I think I forgot to edit the custom css file I made for the backup app... lol. Updated to CarbonOS 1.1.2. Should be fixed now.
    Lol ..... Garrett ask dr. Google when you'll get better!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Top black status bar looks way cleaner. Great job...Any way to differentiate the messaging app so the to & from senders are say light gray and dark gray so you can visually see the difference of the sender/receiver? I could perhaps edit this file myself? Not sure how its handled but surely its in that images folder someplace?
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Lol ..... Garrett ask dr. Google when you'll get better!!

I'm at the point where I just need to wait for it to go away. I've been sick for almost a week now with no signs of it getting any better though. I'm sure this can't last much longer...
    I'm at the point where I just need to wait for it to go away. I've been sick for almost a week now with no signs of it getting any better though. I'm sure this can't last much longer...
    That sucks.. Been there.. Not fun at all.. Feel better!!

Fixed!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast