Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since WebOS 2.1 upgrade, the "enter PIN" screen looks ugly IMHO: You can see it's barely readable, with that strange light grey background with white letters. Can I twaek some HTML page to change it a bit ? Where is it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    My PIN-screen is a picture of clouds on 1.4.5/2.x - Did your screen used to look like this?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    same ugly grey here
    seems to be a known bug on 2.1.0
    mentionend here and here.
    Digged around in the code but did't foud a solution.
    @Kujila are you on 2.1.0. Your background is the firstuse-background. on 1.4.5 I had the green phone-background on the pincard too
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    My PIN-screen is a picture of clouds on 1.4.5/2.x
    Oh, so perhaps what happens is that the background picture file is missing, or named differently.

Did your screen used to look like this?
    Frankly, I just remember it was green...

Quote Originally Posted by michote
    same ugly grey here
    Aha.

seems to be a known bug on 2.1.0, mentionend here and here. Digged around in the code but did't find a solution.
    Pity. Thanks for the information. I thought it was a matter of editing some HTML source code somewhere. You've mentioned "firstuse-background". Is that the name of a file?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Yes I am on 2.1

The clouds have always been my PIN, since 1.4.5, after multiple doctors. 2.0.1 and 2.1.

Weird! Is it carrier-specific? I'm on Sprint.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Yes I am on 2.1

The clouds have always been my PIN, since 1.4.5, after multiple doctors. 2.0.1 and 2.1.

Weird! Is it carrier-specific? I'm on Sprint.
    I've always had clouds/blue sky on my pin screen (1.4.x and now 2.1.0). The phone app had a green background in 1.4.x, but has a blue background in 2.x.x. I'm on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I've always had clouds/blue sky on my pin screen (1.4.x and now 2.1.0). The phone app had a green background in 1.4.x, but has a blue background in 2.x.x. I'm on Verizon.
    I'm still running 1.4.5, but have the blue clouds background as well. Verizon is my carrier with a Pre+.

This would be a nice customization. Any thoughts on how to change it?
    I have a legacy pre- european (Spanish Movistar) GSM webOS 2.1.0 (carrier: ROW) with same problem that jcmarcos.
    I can only offer some of my research, but without success. I write here in case anyone can use.
    In the directory:
    Code:
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.phoneprefs\stylesheets\
    there are two files:
    Code:
    phoneprefs.css
    pincode.css
    The only difference between the file phoneprefs.css in versions 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 are the last 4 lines that are only in 2.1.0 (my PIN scene in 1.4.5 showed fine). These lines are:
    Code:
    #networknamerow {
    	border: 0 !important;
    	background: none !important;
    }
    Kujila may be right and the problem may be carrier-specific. The comments are really strange (!important !important).
    I tried to edit the file (phoneprefs.css) with Internalz and comment or remove the lines and restart (luna and device) the phone without success.

@NickVTPre. In pincode.css in line 29:
    Code:
    .appclass {
    	background: #000 url(/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/background.png) 0 0 fixed no-repeat;
    }
    it seems that is the path and file of PIN background.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    In pincode.css in line 29:
    Code:
    .appclass {
    	background: #000 url(/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/background.png) 0 0 fixed no-repeat;
    }
    it seems that is the path and file of PIN background.
    This line was also modified from 1.4.5 to 2.x.x. (was the green backdrop-phone file in 1.4.5 and points to the bluesky one now.) Changing it back for me didn't worked (ugly grey starting situation).
    Maybe it will work for the ones having the sky-background to change the url to "../images/pincode/backdrop-phone.png" (the file is know darkblue like in the phoneapp).
    I found a quick and dirty solution for the ugly grey and will post the patch, when I had time to test it later today ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Here's my patch.
    The background should be darkblue (the png changed from green to darkblue) instead of grey now.

I don't know if this is the correct wa to patch it, but I didn't found any sideeffects yet. If you find oe plese tell me ...

If you want to theme the pin-screen now, you have to change "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/images/pincode/backdrop-phone.png"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    Here's my patch.
    Works exactly as advertised in my Movistar Pre- with webOS 2.1.0! Thankyou very much!
    @michote: This patch works perfectly! Thank you!
    Please submit it to the patches portal.
    Edited /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/stylesheets/pincode.css directly with Internalz and work perfect. Thanks!
    I hope that you or something can upload this fantastic patch to Preware.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    I modified the file and it works perfectly.
    Thank you all!
    Apasiau,
    Lluisinho
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @michote: This patch works perfectly! Thank you!
    Please submit it to the patches portal.
    Patch submitted, waiting for approval ...
    Thanks for tip, edited the css directly with internalz cause i was to lazy to connect the pre to the pc
    Great work!!!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The Patch is now in Preware and is called "Fix Pin Screen Background".
    Go get it ...
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    The Patch is now in Preware and is called "Fix Pin Screen Background".
    Go get it ...
    Thanks for the patch, but it won’t install on my Veer with 2.1.1 (Legacy – O2 Germany).

I also edited the pincode.css manually and still …

If it helps or is a known issue: I just doctored my phone yesterday, because Adv Sys Prefs Framework wouldn’t update, which works now, but there is still an error installing Adv Sys Menus Device Menu

Any helpful advice please?
    If you edit something manually you won't be able to install the patch anymore.
    And btw, you have to do a Luna restart or a full reboot for the change to take effect.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast