Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    I thought it was just a matter of replacing the image. Check out the theme I started creating here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...-pictures.html

    I have an image of the lockscreen on there and I didnt use any patch or change any code.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    If you edit something manually you won't be able to install the patch anymore.
    And btw, you have to do a Luna restart or a full reboot for the change to take effect.
    I tried to install the patch BEFORE I did manual changes and a Luna restart is obligatory.

    Like I wrote: I just doctored my phone and after installing Preware and Internalz it was one of the first patches I tried to get on my Veer Ö

    Maybe it will be fixed when the OS is updated to 2.1.1 or even 2.2 then.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I thought it was just a matter of replacing the image.
    Thatís an I idea Ö and so basic Iíll give it a try. Thanks!
  4. michote's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Thanks for the patch, but it wonít install on my Veer with 2.1.1 (Legacy Ė O2 Germany).
    It's because of a different screenresolution one line before in the file affected in 2.1.1.

    Here's the modified patch, which works fine on my german Veer:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    Here's the modified patch, which works fine on my german Veer:
    And again: Tried to install it using Internalz, an error occured. "Only garbage was found in the patch input" "Patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of the line"

    Thanks though!
  6. michote's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    And again: Tried to install it using Internalz, an error occured. "Only garbage was found in the patch input" "Patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of the line"
    I don't know what's wrong with your device. I'm getting aupt problems currently with QI and Internalz, but nothing with garbage. And it applied just fine on my veer when Internalz got a connection to the aupt-server last week ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with your device. I'm getting aupt problems currently with QI and Internalz, but nothing with garbage. And it applied just fine on my veer when Internalz got a connection to the aupt-server last week ...
    So … thanks for all your help guys!

    One last chance would be, if you could
    a) please send me the original code of the pincode.css (or the actual file) and describe how you changed it (because that’s the main thing the patch does, isn’t it?)
    or
    b) please tell me again which image (pin background) I should replace.

    I want to do reset the original files (because maybe i did back up the already modified status of the file %} ), and try installing the patch again. If that doesn’t work for me, I will try to do fixt it manually one last time.

    If this fails again, I think I can live with the grey background, as I normally just restart the phone once in a week.
  8. michote's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #28  
    the patch modifies the pincode.css. If you'd open the patchfile with a texteditor you'd see the modification it makes. (the line with the '+' in front). you have to to add it after line 14 in the original code. bUt as far as I know we aren't allowed to distribute orignal Palm/hp code (Posting the pincode.css would be illegal). But you can download the doctor extract it and get the original file ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    the patch modifies the pincode.css. If you'd open the patchfile with a texteditor you'd see the modification it makes. (the line with the '+' in front). you have to to add it after line 14 in the original code. bUt as far as I know we aren't allowed to distribute orignal Palm/hp code (Posting the pincode.css would be illegal). But you can download the doctor extract it and get the original file ...
    Alrighty. THANKS!
  10. #30  
    It finally worked.

    I read in this post http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2903124 about the wrong line of code to change, and thatís how I got stuck.

    Thanks again!

    Letís hope that there will be someone with brains and ability to buy our beloved Ė or better to say THE Ė mobile OS. Just read about the news HP not caring about minor bugs an the Pre 3 Ė sad story.

    So, keep the fingers crossed. Take care.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions