Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    For the text, I just set everything to white since it was easier for the theme...

Code:
    body.palm-default {
         color: #ffffff;
    }
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Ok, Made the changes and restarting now. Hopefully I did it right. This is the first time I have made changes to a CSS file on my phone.

Update: the changes I did made the text white in the contacts list when you first open up the app. But when you select a conversation, the text is black. Also, the outgoing message balloons are off the screen. The incoming are not. But I have been having a weird problem with that one though. It seems to be shortened on the right. I dont know why.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Ok, Made the changes and restarting now. Hopefully I did it right. This is the first time I have made changes to a CSS file on my phone.

Update: the changes I did made the text white in the contacts list when you first open up the app. But when you select a conversation, the text is black. Also, the outgoing message balloons are off the screen. The incoming are not. But I have been having a weird problem with that one though. It seems to be shortened on the right. I dont know why.
    Could you pot a screenshot showing the message bubbles?

I did make a bunch of changes to that css file, but I'm not entirely sure what I did. haha
    Dont laugh at the look of it. Im all over the place with this right now. haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #85  
    Dont laugh at the look of it. Im all over the place with this right now. haha.
    lol

Don't worry about it. I have worse stuff on the Emulator right now... lol

Lemme check some stuff real quick...
    The incoming balloons were like that before. You just couldnt tell with the default look because it faded into the light gray background. I changed the image and it showed up like that. It should at least be the width of the other balloon right? I never had that problem with 1.4.5
  7.    #87  
    The incoming balloons were like that before. You just couldnt tell with the default look because it faded into the light gray background. I changed the image and it showed up like that. It should at least be the width of the other balloon right? I never had that problem with 1.4.5
    Ah ok. I ran the Unified Diff Creator to see exactly what I changed...

Code:
    @@ -606,6 +621,7 @@
     		border-width: 10px;
     		-webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left-selected.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
     		-webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    +		margin-right: -10px;
     }

.chat-entry.selected .chat-balloon {

@@ -622,6 +639,7 @@

.chat-entry.my-chat .chat-balloon {
     		-webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-right.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    +		margin-left: -10px;
     }

.chat-entry.my-chat.error .chat-balloon, 
    @@ -675,7 +693,8 @@
     }

.their-chat .message-container {
    -		width: 245px; 
    +		width: 290px; 
    +		margin-left: 0px;
     }

.my-chat .message-container {
    @@ -679,7 +698,7 @@
     }

-		width: 280px;
    +		width: 290px;
     }
    That should give you a much better idea of what to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That should give you a much better idea of what to do...
    You would think. lol. I'll see what I can do with this.
  9.    #89  
    You would think. lol. I'll see what I can do with this.
    lol ok.

Let me know if you need any help.
    Ok, so as I mentioned, Im at entry level when it comes to code. The code you posted above, is that code that is just all copied and pasted into a certain section of the original, or is it all code that needs to be separated piece by piece and placed in different spots?
  11.    #91  
    Ok, so as I mentioned, Im at entry level when it comes to code. The code you posted above, is that code that is just all copied and pasted into a certain section of the original, or is it all code that needs to be separated piece by piece and placed in different spots?
    That's just what the patch file looks like. Notice the "-" and "+" before some of the lines. They signify what is added and removed from the original css file.

Here's what you need to make the messaging.css file look like:
    starting at line 604
    Code:
    .chat-entry .chat-balloon,
    .chat-entry.their-chat .chat-balloon {
    		-webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left-selected.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    		-webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    		margin-right: -10px;
    }
    starting at line 623
    Code:
    		-webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-right.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    		margin-left: -10px;
    }
    starting at line 677
    Code:
    		width: 290px; 
    		margin-left: 0px;
    }

}
    Thanks for breaking it down for me. I will try this out and let you know how it works.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Some Questions. Is this code above being "added" or is this code "replacing" existing code? The lines you mentioned are just breaks except for line 677 which starts with:

.chat-entry.chatRow .chat-balloon-wrapper {

And the section of code it looks like it would replace are further down. I'm running 2.1. Is this a 2.0 file? Are they any different? Sorry Im being a pain. lol
  14.    #94  
    Some Questions. Is this code above being "added" or is this code "replacing" existing code? The lines you mentioned are just breaks except for line 677 which starts with:

.chat-entry.chatRow .chat-balloon-wrapper {

And the section of code it looks like it would replace are further down. I'm running 2.1. Is this a 2.0 file? Are they any different? Sorry Im being a pain. lol
    The code in my last post replaces the current code. If the line numbers aren't matching up, then you're css file must already be modified. lol

I'll post some color-coded code to give you a better idea of what I did.
    Red: Line that I added.
    Blue: Line was already there is stock messaging.css; I just modified the number.

Let me know if you need any more help and I'll try my best... lol

Code:
    .chat-entry .chat-balloon,
    .chat-entry.their-chat .chat-balloon {
    		margin-right: -10px;
    }
    starting at line 623
    Code:
    		margin-left: -10px;
    }
    starting at line 677
    Code:
    		margin-left: 0px;
    }

}
    You know what? I didnt even think about that. I do have patches that modified the file. I should have known better. Let me try this again. lol
  16.    #96  
    If you have patches installed that modify the file, you should be careful about manually editing it. Might cause the patches to get stuck or something.
    The only ones I have for messaging are the left avatar patch and the advanced system prefs patch for messaging. I made the changes but havent sent it to my phone yet. What do you think?
  18.    #98  
    The only ones I have for messaging are the left avatar patch and the advanced system prefs patch for messaging. I made the changes but havent sent it to my phone yet. What do you think?
    Not sure what the system prefs does in Messaging, but you should be ok. Worst case scenario is that you need to run EPR...
    Success on the chat balloons. Now the white text, last time I added this code:

body.palm-default {
    color: #ffffff;
    }

It gave me white text on the contacts list but not in the conversation.
  20.    #100  
    Hmm. I gotta run out to the store. I'll look into it when I get home.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast