Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    That worked. Thanks.
    Ah, sorry man. Didn't see your questions above.

I'm not around too much anymore. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Any chance all the awesome stuff you did in GlassOS for 1.4.5 will get ported to 2.1?

I'd love to have glassed messaging and facebook apps again.

I'd do it myself if I knew how it all worked.
    I'm not sure about that... I already have a bunch of stuff that I'm working on lol.

One of my new projects uses a similar concept though:

Once it's finished, it should be pretty easy to set it up like GlassOS.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 03/27/2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: fixed image links
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by zcl273 View Post
    maybe could change the apps menu scrim
    Is the app menu not changed with this theme? It should be..
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    GreatJob. Now just waiting for the blue glass theme.
    I'm not sure when I'll be adding more colors...
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Yeah the modified splash cards would be great.
    Heh, apps in the emulator load too quickly. Makes it really hard for me to experiment with the splash cards...
  6.    #66  
    Small observation... when you tap and hold a menu item for second or so, the depressed look of the menu item flows over the outside edges of the menus.
    I'll take a look at this and see what I can do.
    garrett did you see my post ? what they said about carriers ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm not sure about that... I already have a bunch of stuff that I'm working on lol.

One of my new projects uses a similar concept though:
    [IM G]http://choorp.com/projects/CarbonOS/CarbonOS-Browser1.png[/IMG] [IM G]http://choorp.com/projects/CarbonOS/CarbonOS-Messaging1.png[/IMG]

Once it's finished, it should be pretty easy to set it up like GlassOS.

HOT!!!
    Thanks for looking into stuff Garrett. That carbon looking bg is awesome looking.
    Great work. First theme installed on my Pre 2. Can't wait to see the other stuff finalized.
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    man this is goin to be so cool lookin can't wait too see this finished.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    man this is goin to be so cool lookin can't wait too see this finished.
    Thanks! Getting somewhat close to an initial release. Since this new project relies heavily on patches, compatibility with other patches will be a serious problem. However, I've worked out a way to modify the css styles without having to touch any css files. Patch compatibility should be near 100%.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    That worked. Thanks.
    Hey, Ubuntite, what worked?

I'm having the same problem as you, and there are quite a few solutions proposed in that thread, beginning with an ipk to uninstall (revert?) to WOSQI as well as messing around in the media/cryptofs/apps/use/lib/webos-quickinstall folder.

I believe I tried to install this theme with WOSQI first, and it didn't work (can't remember exactly why), then I saved the GES3D ipk to media/internals and installed with preware. The install failed, but with a subsequent reboot, I had glass menus and launcher. Preware refused to acknowledge it was there though.

Update: I used the "uninstall .ipk" in Abyssul's post and installed the ipk using Preware. It rebooted my phone (without asking). After starting up, the theme was still in place, but Preware had it listed in the "Unknown" section, so I could remove it.

I tapped "Remove". Rebooted. After starting, again, the theme was still in place, glass launchers and menus and all. I then installed GES3D from Preware. Some error messages popped up saying files existed already.

After reboot, Preware finally displayed a "Themes: 1" entry in the installed packages list, and no themes in the Unknown.

Another remove (just to test) and reboot, and my boring grey launchers and menus were back.

In the process of re-installing GES3D of course... This whole exercise was just to resolve the problem of not being able to "see" the WOSQI installed theme in case I want to install other themes or OS updates (ha!) one day.
    Last edited by Goyena; 03/28/2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  14.    #74  
    Thanks for looking into stuff Garrett. That carbon looking bg is awesome looking.
    Added a new system menu background image to the theme. v1.0.2 should be in the feed soon...
    Hey Garrett, I like the look of the images you posted for the messaging app. How did you get the chat balloons to go off the side of the screen? I cant get my images to do that. And the white text? How do you get that for 2.1? Is a patch out for that yet or did you do that yourself?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Hey Garrett, I like the look of the images you posted for the messaging app. How did you get the chat balloons to go off the side of the screen? I cant get my images to do that. And the white text? How do you get that for 2.1? Is a patch out for that yet or did you do that yourself?
    I did all that myself. I don't really use patches... lol

I'll check my css files tonight and let you know.

Cool. Thanks.

i cant remember the exact lines... mychat.entry or theirchat.entry...the way i found it was i downloaded jason's last patch, got the locations, and modified the lines in the css myself. like garret i dont really use patches..not for theming anyway...but the patches are a great way to gather location info..

oh, and im on 2.1, sprint. sory for all the lowercase but i have my correction turned off. getting to close to iphone-like stupidity with it imo..lol
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    So I looked at the stylesheets. To get the chat balloons to go all the way off screen do you have to set them left or right instead of centered? And the white text. I downloaded the original patch and looked at the code. I found the area where I THINK needs to add the line but Im not very css savvy.
  20.    #80  
    Sorry, got sidetracked (like I always do lol)

Here's what I did:
    Code:
    .chat-entry .chat-balloon,
    .chat-entry.their-chat .chat-balloon {
         border-width: 10px;
         -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left-selected.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
         -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
         margin-right: -10px;
    }
    Code:
    .chat-entry.my-chat .chat-balloon {
         -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-right.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
         margin-left: -10px;
    }
    Might not be the best way to do it, but it worked for me... lol
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast