Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So, it doesn't show up in 'Available Packages'>'Unknown'? That's odd... Hmm.
    No, it shows up properly in Available Themes, but it shows up as a theme that hasn't been installed on my Pre yet (even though it appears to be running from my previously failed install attempt.) When I try to install it again, I get the above error. Because Preware thinks I haven't installed it yet, I am unable to uninstall it, and then try to install it again.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    No, it shows up properly in Available Themes, but it shows up as a theme that hasn't been installed on my Pre yet (even though it appears to be running from my previously failed install attempt.) When I try to install it again, I get the above error. Because Preware thinks I haven't installed it yet, I am unable to uninstall it, and then try to install it again.
    I'm not sure what's causing the problem...

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    The theme looks good Garrett. Thanks for getting something similar to the original 1.4.5 GES ported to 2.1

Is there any chance that the "loading cards" can be themed as well like it was in the Glass Effect Suite for 1.4.5? Maybe not possible with 2.1?

If it was close to feature parity with the GES for 1.4.5, it would be great!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Small observation... when you tap and hold a menu item for second or so, the depressed look of the menu item flows over the outside edges of the menus.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Can't wait for this to be up and running....I miss my theeeeemes! All of the colors..lol

Edit: Sorry...what I meant was...ready for 2.1 with all the same parts as 1.4.5..
    Last edited by xBRIMSTON3x; 03/10/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    This theme won't install for me, I'm on a Sprint Pre 2.

It gets stuck at Downloading/Installing - but it's not downloading anything nor installing anything.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    This theme won't install for me, I'm on a Sprint Pre 2.

It gets stuck at Downloading/Installing - but it's not downloading anything nor installing anything.
    Most likely it is conflicting with some patch that modifies the same files as the theme.

Not sure if EPR is avaiable for 2.1, but that might be an option or you could uninstall the patches you have so far and hope they remove cleanly.

I was able to get this theme installed without any problems on my 2.1 Sprint Pre-.

Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Edit: Sorry...what I meant was...ready for 2.1 with all the same parts as 1.4.5..
    Well it is pretty good already. It just needs a few more things to be on par with the 1.4.5 version of Glass Effect Suite like I mentioned a few posts up. Still good though.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well it is pretty good already. It just needs a few more things to be on par with the 1.4.5 version of Glass Effect Suite like I mentioned a few posts up. Still good though.
    Yea..I have the dark...something...which has pretty much the same parts covered as of yet. Really adding just the splash cards would probably make me switch them out..
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post

Not sure if EPR is avaiable for 2.1, but that might be an option or you could uninstall the patches you have so far and hope they remove cleanly.
    I had to use the previous version of WOQI earlier today for the EPR...got a weird error at the end...weird because it just said "ERR"..then cut off with no other text...but when I clicked ok it said it was complete, and all my patches were removed..
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Yea..I have the dark...something...which has pretty much the same parts covered as of yet. Really adding just the splash cards would probably make me switch them out..
    Yeah the modified splash cards would be great.

I tried to install some patches and regular apps and they wouldn't finish installing. I decided to give my phone a nice little restart and everything is working fine.

I installed this theme, looks gorgeous. Thanks again G.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Hey Garrett, great work... any chance all the awesome stuff you did in GlassOS for 1.4.5 will get ported to 2.1? I don't know how difficult the switch is.
    GreatJob. Now just waiting for the blue glass theme.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm not sure what's causing the problem...

Sent from my HTC HD2
    I would like to uninstall this theme. How can I go about doing that manually? Remember, I can't use Preware because Preware reports it as not being installed, although it really is.
    maybe could change the apps menu scrim
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Any chance all the awesome stuff you did in GlassOS for 1.4.5 will get ported to 2.1?

I'd love to have glassed messaging and facebook apps again.

I'd do it myself if I knew how it all worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I would like to uninstall this theme. How can I go about doing that manually? Remember, I can't use Preware because Preware reports it as not being installed, although it really is.
    Garrett,

Any chance you could supply we with instructions to manually install your theme? How about a list of files that your theme modifies? Then I could replace them manually with original unmodified files.

BTW, here is what happens when I try to reinstall your theme:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 14752 100 14752 0 0 19741 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 52127

Identify
    com.prethemer.themes.0c9a1e2fc7

Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.prethemer.themes.0c9a1e2fc7.postinst 2>&1
    mkdir: can't create directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install': File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory
    sh: 1: unknown operand
    There is already a theme installed. Remove any installed themes before continuing
    Removing package com.prethemer.themes.0c9a1e2fc7 from root...

Remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done

Delete
    Nothing Interesting.

Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    ^^Two possible solutions.

I believe that WOSQI had a trigger to reinstall the default theme. I do not know if the current version still has that trigger.

The other potential method can be found in this post. have not tried it myself though.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2902936

You could also try running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility from Preware. This essentially tried to repair damaged .ipks
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The other potential method can be found in this post. have not tried it myself though.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2902936
    That worked. Thanks.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast