1.    #1  
    Say there is this great little app you find, either homebrew or even in the app catalog.

You really like it, but you think the developer didn't do a very good job of the icon, is there anyway to replace it on your device?

Could someone give me a step by step guide on how to do this if even possible? Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Of course it's possible, and it's quite simple, if you know your way around the system. You need Internalz installed.

The easiest way to do it is to find an app which has a good icon, then replacing this app's icon with the one from the app you want. Navigate to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications, then find the folder of the original app by its name. There should be a file called "icon.png", so tap on it, then info, and change the name to "icon.png.old" (so you can revert it if anything goes wrong or you want the original icon back).

Save it, then navigate to /applications again, and find the folder of the app you intend to steal the icon from. Again, there should be a file called "icon.png", so tap on it, then copy, and navigate to the folder of the ugly-icon-app, again /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/[name-of-app].

Luna restart, and it should have the new icon. Hope it helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks emc2trooper! I understand much better now.

Few things...Internalz, does it work on webOS 2.0? I run it and I get an error. Am I missing something?

Can I use icons I download from the internet? If so how?

Thanks again.

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Thanks emc2trooper! I understand much better now.

Few things...Internalz, does it work on webOS 2.0? I run it and I get an error. Am I missing something?

Can I use icons I download from the internet? If so how?

Thanks again.

I'm not sure if it works with 2.0, because I just have a Pixi Plus.

Yeah, you can use any icon you want, it just needs to be PNG (transparent for best results, obviously), and measure 64px by 64px. For this, I'd use webOS Quick Install, although it'd be easier using Internalz.

1. Download the icon and resize it.
    2. Connect your phone to the PC, and open webOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools / Send File.
    4. Select the icon and type the destination, which should be media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/[name-of-app's folder] (note: I'm not sure how you could get the folder's name without Internalz).
    5. Luna restart, and that's it. Also note that the original icon will be replaced.

For Internalz:

2. Connect your phone to the PC, choose USB Drive, and open it.
    3. Drop the icon in the folder. Eject the phone and open Internalz.
    4. Go to /media/internal, and locate the file.
    5. Tap it, choose copy (or move, if you want to get rid of the file in that folder), and navigate to the app's folder. If you want to backup the original icon, first go to the app's folder and rename it icon.png.old.
    6. Luna restart.

I recommend you go to the official thread of Internalz and try to get some help installing it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by emc2trooper View Post
    I'm not sure if it works with 2.0, because I just have a Pixi Plus.

Yeah, you can use any icon you want, it just needs to be PNG (transparent for best results, obviously), and measure 64px by 64px. For this, I'd use webOS Quick Install, although it'd be easier using Internalz.

2. Connect your phone to the PC, and open webOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools / Send File.
    4. Select the icon and type the destination, which should be media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/[name-of-app's folder] (note: I'm not sure how you could get the folder's name without Internalz).
    5. Luna restart, and that's it. Also note that the original icon will be replaced.

For Internalz:

2. Connect your phone to the PC, choose USB Drive, and open it.
    3. Drop the icon in the folder. Eject the phone and open Internalz.
    4. Go to /media/internal, and locate the file.
    5. Tap it, choose copy (or move, if you want to get rid of the file in that folder), and navigate to the app's folder. If you want to backup the original icon, first go to the app's folder and rename it icon.png.old.
    6. Luna restart.

I recommend you go to the official thread of Internalz and try to get some help installing it.
    Thanks for your help, once again. Unfortunately it looks as though Internalz for webOS 2.0 cannot be released for an indefinite amount of time. Looks like I miss out
  6.    #6  
    Edit:// Double posted somehow...sorry.
    no internalz on 2.xx? Makes me not so mad that I didn't get the update for my legacy device...LOL.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    no internalz on 2.xx? Makes me not so mad that I didn't get the update for my legacy device...LOL.
    Internalz is now available on webOS 2.xx. It was waiting for an update to Filemgr.

I'll try the icon replacement now...