Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have had crap berry's all my life and decided it was time for a change all i want to know how to do is load up themes to my phone the easiest way maybe in a couple months after using it ill want to know how to make them but for now how do i load them are there themes in the palm app store that i can go get or do i need to load up a website straight from my phone please help me out <modertor edit>

thank you
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/31/2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: removed email addy
    Quote Originally Posted by italianpreplus View Post
    Have had crap berry's all my life and decided it was time for a change all i want to know how to do is load up themes to my phone the easiest way maybe in a couple months after using it ill want to know how to make them but for now how do i load them are there themes in the palm app store that i can go get or do i need to load up a website straight from my phone please help me out <email removed.

thank you
    Welcome to PC... take a look at my FAQ in my sig .. or goto Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    first you need
    WebOS Quick Install ..
    Then Preware
    Then start preware and youll need to enable the prethemer feed and precentral themes feed.. its disabled by default

WARNING*** only ONE theme can be installed at a time
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/31/2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: email address removed
    welcome. The best/easiest way to install themes is to get them from Preware. Once you have preware, you will have access to more themes, patches, and overclocking than you can possibly ever dream of! And it's easy. I'll post a link back shortly, but basically you need to enter "developer mode" on your phone and then type "webos20090606" on your keyboard (no quotes) and then tap the dev mode icon. Turn on devmode and after a restart you are there. Then install the preware file I'll link to shortly and you are there.

Probably have to turn the theme feeds on in preware, because they usually default to off because they take a long time to load.

Also, always remove one theme before installing another one... That is REALLY important to remember.

Also, please don't post personally identifiable info such as email addy. I took it out for you. Spammers love to find nuggets like that, so it's for your protection..
    PS, I recommend that you use the "preware installer" option from your PC, which is the 3rd option listed toward the middle of the page:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    holy moly alot of steps when i had a sidekick it wasn't this hard damn
    Also.. once you have Preware installed, be sure to open the preferences (swipe down in the upper left corner) and turn both of the 'themes' feeds ON (they come set to 'off' by default).

Welcome to the P|C forums, webOS, and your newest addictions!
  7.    #7  
    ok so i need to upload software to the pre and to my computer ? then what
    holy moly alot of steps when i had a sidekick it wasn't this hard damn
    It's actually quite easy to install Preware. Just use the stand alone installer that cantaffordit pointed you to above. Then simply open the Preware app on your device (and enable the 'themes' feeds). From there you can go and play to your heart's content.
  9.    #9  
    ok ? how do you change the text tone to a different tone
    next ? is there a way to change the unlock symbol to a football
  10.    #10  
    super duper lost man sorry ok first step i need to load preware onto my phone and i can do that by entering the code shown above into my browser on he phone,
    how do i enter developer mode on my phone im sorry guys i need step by step or i guarantee ill mess something up
  12.    #13  
    how do i know if i have the latest software
    latest software of what?
  14.    #15  
    ok lets start this first how to get to text tones for the pre i already did ringtones now i want to get a better and louder text tone
  15.    #16  
    ok who lives the closest ill ups the phone and cash for some one to hook it up im in ventura ca hahahha
    ok who lives the closest ill ups the phone and cash for some one to hook it up im in ventura ca hahahha
    lol

im in jersey.. but i think that that there may be others closer..

but its easier than you think
    LOL I'll be in SF on the 9th, but will be a bit busy to do that.
  18.    #19  
    said to just run the jailbreak on it ?
    whats your guys opinions on that ?
  19.    #20  
    ? homebrew

how do i get the lil % for my battery level
    Last edited by italianpreplus; 01/31/2011 at 02:43 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast