1.    #1  
    Hello all!

So, I've heard some things about these Theme-fellows, causing Pre users to have to doctor their devices.
    Of course, what I mean by that, is: is it safe to use themes? I've been wanting the "Glass Effect" (or, I believe that's what it's called) theme, but at the same time I've heard users speaking of themes causing them to have no choice but Doctor their devices. Which is something I never want to have to do. ANy information or input would be great. Thanks all!

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    There were some that created some issues with older (early) versions of webOS, but Themes are very safe. The main cause of people's problems is when they fail to uninstall a theme before installing another one, or forgetting to uninstall before installing a newer version of webOS.

As long as you uninstall an old theme before installing another, you will be totally fine.

I've been using the Glass effect theme for a while and Garrett did a fantastic job on it - it's awesome! Jump on in - the water's fine!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There were some that created some issues with older (early) versions of webOS, but Themes are very safe. The main cause of people's problems is when they fail to uninstall a theme before installing another one, or forgetting to uninstall before installing a newer version of webOS.

As long as you uninstall an old theme before installing another, you will be totally fine.

I've been using the Glass effect theme for a while and Garrett did a fantastic job on it - it's awesome! Jump on in - the water's fine!
    Thank you for the input! It's just what I needed!
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but, do I install themes from Preware?

Cheers!
    ~Ted

P.S.-
    Your name: love it.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Thank you for the input! It's just what I needed!
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but, do I install themes from Preware?

Cheers!
    ~Ted

P.S.-
    Your name: love it.
    Not a problem!
    Yes, you use Preware to install Themes. If you haven't yet, you need to turn the themes feeds on in Preware's Preferences (there are 2 feeds that are set to OFF by default). Once those are ON, your feeds will reload and themes will show up. You can easily browse through them there. You can also to to 'all' and type "glass" to search for the glass effect themes of Garrett's.

Enjoy!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not a problem!
    Yes, you use Preware to install Themes. If you haven't yet, you need to turn the themes feeds on in Preware's Preferences (there are 2 feeds that are set to OFF by default). Once those are ON, your feeds will reload and themes will show up. You can easily browse through them there. You can also to to 'all' and type "glass" to search for the glass effect themes of Garrett's.

Enjoy!
    Thanks so much mate! When I saw all of Garrett's, I got a little overwhelmed: not knowing which one was the original. But after a few minutes of searching the forum, I got the one I was looking for and love it! Again, thanks!

~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 11/28/2010 at 02:56 AM.
    when changing from one theme to another make sure you UNINSTALL the previous theme before installing a new one...
    I change themes every 2 weeks or so, have been for @4 months, no problems so far.